Where was I?

On 3/25/2022 at 8:04 AM, qbay46 said:

Harry Potter Exhibit, Warner Bros Studio, Leavesden, UK

My apologies for delay in responding, have been down Bermagui and Batehaven for the few days - just got home. A couple of days I was out of signal range at Trunkey Creek. When I did get where I had a signal my phone would not recognise my password to sign in so I couldn't do anything until I got back to my computer.

It is a Harry Potter exhibit in the studios but where in Hogwarts is it? That should be easy.

24 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

So you asked that question in your picture post did you.

Thread title is Where Am I? A little more detail was required from information in the picture.

IMG_20170927_102508789.jpg

Edited by lyndarra
hint added

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, NSWP said:

This thread has been lost for a couple of months, so here goes, where was I ?

famous-southend-pier-railway-station-west-shore-england-daytime-southend-pier-railway-station-england-157053859.jpg.b80e468e51775d6838aeac0b7095bb8b.jpg

Ordinarily, I don't know, but the name of the photo is a bit of a giveaway.

I just wanted to note, that is a stunning photo.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Did you miss the train?

Ha ha, no, I did not want to cheat. Southend was my teenage hunting ground and I spent a lot of time on that pier and yes I did catch that train. 😊 In them days the pier was 1.5 miles long. Once I emigrated to Australia I learnt that a big fire burnt most of it down. I also did not not want to announce that the name was printed on the bottom of the photo until someone else spotted it. It is a great photo and brought back some very happy memories so I thank you for that.

Cheers John.

13 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Ha ha, no, I did not want to cheat. Southend was my teenage hunting ground and I spent a lot of time on that pier and yes I did catch that train. 😊 In them days the pier was 1.5 miles long. Once I emigrated to Australia I learnt that a big fire burnt most of it down. I also did not not want to announce that the name was printed on the bottom of the photo until someone else spotted it. It is a great photo and brought back some very happy memories so I thank you for that.

Cheers John.

Spot on John, Southend Pier it is. I last walked it in 2018. I have relos in the area. Your turn Essex Boy, lol.   I was born in Colchester but left there as a baby to Gibraltar - Army family, thence Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia in 66. That is 1966, NOT 1866 I was no convict, lol.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Spot on John, Southend Pier it is. I last walked it in 2018. I have relos in the area. Your turn Essex Boy, lol.   I was born in Colchester but left there as a baby to Gibraltar - Army family, thence Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia in 66. That is 1966, NOT 1866 I was no convict, lol.

Your life was more exciting than mine. I was a 10 pound Pom. I came to Australia in1969 on the Fairsky the start of my love of cruising.😁

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Your life was more exciting than mine. I was a 10 pound Pom. I came to Australia in1969 on the Fairsky the start of my love of cruising.😁

Came with family on Sitmar - Castel Felice, family was sponsored by NSW Govt as my Father had secured a job with NSW Prisons Dept as Drill/Weapons Instructor.  We migrated but NSW Govt paid the 10 quid, lol.  Did you know your Sitmar - Fairsky days can be added to your Princess Captains Circle a/c? As P&O/Princess took them over.  All our sea trips with the Regiment were on troopships, Nevasa, Oxfordshire. Like you got the cruising bug back then, lol.

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Came with family on Sitmar - Castel Felice, family was sponsored by NSW Govt as my Father had secured a job with NSW Prisons Dept as Drill/Weapons Instructor.  We migrated but NSW Govt paid the 10 quid, lol.  Did you know your Sitmar - Fairsky days can be added to your Princess Captains Circle a/c? As P&O/Princess took them over.  All our sea trips with the Regiment were on troopships, Nevasa, Oxfordshire. Like you got the cruising bug back then, lol.

Oh the good old days, I was a young whipper snapper then, now I have just had an 80th birthday  (where did all the time go ) thanks for the advice regarding adding Fairsky to the Captains circle I did not know that.👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Oh the good old days, I was a young whipper snapper then, now I have just had an 80th birthday  (where did all the time go ) thanks for the advice regarding adding Fairsky to the Captains circle I did not know that.👍

If you have you document of identity, should have date and name of ship on it...take a copy and go see the Captains Circle Rep on your next Princess cruises. You may leap to Elite with that additional 6 weeks, lol.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

If you have you document of identity, should have date and name of ship on it...take a copy and go see the Captains Circle Rep on your next Princess cruises. You may leap to Elite with that additional 6 weeks, lol.

Gee that would be good if they count the 6 weeks. 👍  Have you guessed where my photo was taken  yet ?  should be easy for keen cruisers.