In 10 days what will it be

drvmywifecrzy

On 9/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, Trimone said:

All the cruise companies are waiting for the first to go chapter 11, then they will all follow, clearing all the debts.... odds on carnival first? 

I think Carnival is in better financial condition than most of the other major cruise lines.  From everything I've seen, NCLH is in the worst condition and will likely be the first of the major cruise lines to go belly up.

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think Carnival is in better financial condition than most of the other major cruise lines.  From everything I've seen, NCLH is in the worst condition and will likely be the first of the major cruise lines to go belly up.

I’ve been told it’s the direct opposite? Something to do with private finances, euro v us

16 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I’ve been told it’s the direct opposite? Something to do with private finances, euro v us

I'm not sure how any of the cruise lines will survive with all of this debt.  Adding another $1.2 billion in debt is like adding the debt of an additional ship without the income from that ship.  This will be especially difficult for the smaller cruise lines.  I don't see how private financing makes this any better.

4 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm not sure how any of the cruise lines will survive with all of this debt.  Adding another $1.2 billion in debt is like adding the debt of an additional ship without the income from that ship.  This will be especially difficult for the smaller cruise lines.  I don't see how private financing makes this any better.

I think it was something to do with the family still involved, and the vast amount of ships under their leadership, Costa, Cunard, P&O etc etc

16 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

You have replied to only a part of my statement. You forgot the part " ...as many people thought at the beginning " !

I can remember that even serious experts predicted up to 50.00 to 70.000 deaths in germany alone.(currently we have a little over 9000)

In March and April the death rates were up to 15 %, currently they are around 0,5 to 1,5 % , total death rate worldwide is currently 3,2 %.  So the death rates are going down sharply and will be at around 2% at the end. In many countries they will even be only around 1 %. And we are talking about the known cases. We all know there are at least twice as many cases as officially known/confirmed.

Yes, but with the number I stated, that is with distancing, masks, travel restrictions, and in many countries, pretty sever lockdowns. Without those measures, the numbers would be much closer to the original predictions.

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It may be the first, but it won't be the last.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, Lupush said:

Can't speak for Texas, but things in Florida aren't nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be.  I'm in Broward County, one of the "hot spots" and we're all dealing with it here wearing masks and following guidelines like the rest of the country.  The media will go crazy today because there was an increase of over 7,500 in today's numbers as a result of a testing "dump" by Quest Diagnostics.

I still have yet to meet 1 person down here that has been diagnosed with COVID.

I hear you , however many people dont want to tell ppl they have or had it.   because there is a stigma attached, i have some friends that contracted it last month and they have not told many ppl outside our circle , not posted it on social media, ect.   

• Like 1

We have a wide range of customers in our business, since reopening on July 4th, we know of  7 customers who have had Covid-19, one has passed, two are fully fit, the others, one suffers from constant weight loss, she was tiny anyway, the others has no appetite can’t taste and constantly tired, the age groups for the ones alive are between 40-58, the one that pasted was 70 a healthy country gent, who was an active poacher, and lived for the outdoor life. 
Stay safe cruisers, wash your hands, and wear that 😷 mask

On 9/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, seaman11 said:

I hear you , however many people dont want to tell ppl they have or had it.   because there is a stigma attached, i have some friends that contracted it last month and they have not told many ppl outside our circle , not posted it on social media, ect.   

The bigger problem is those who have been contact traced and told that they have been exposed and don’t self-quarantine. By the time they are symptomatic, they have spread the virus to friends and strangers in public spaces. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The bigger problem is those who have been contact traced and told that they have been exposed and don’t self-quarantine. By the time they are symptomatic, they have spread the virus to friends and strangers in public spaces. 

Contact traced.... yikes!

I just cancelled my 12/12/20 Encore cruise.. With November being greyed out now.... I am calling it.  My $100 deposit should be here within 90 days I was told on the phone.. Thank goodness I did not pay this trip off. Glad I still have my money.. but sad that all these people don't have jobs, hotels losing business, people at ports not working.. Very sad on that end for me... Yes, not cruising is sad, but it goes beyond that for me.. It is heart breaking.