Vancouver - dog kennel recommendation

FortWorthGal

• 2 months later...

Greetings.  A coworker of mine always swore by using CastleRock Kennels located in Roberts Creek on the Sunshine Coast.  They had done a lot of research of various kennels and felt this one was the best for their critter.  I have never used their service and am only familiar with it because it is near where we used to have a cabin, seemed nice from the outside.

So I guess the catch here is that it is located outside of metro Vancouver.  To get there you have to take a 45 minute ferry ride followed by a half hour drive.  The ferry will cost about $110CDN by the time you factor in a couple of burgers, that's return trip.  Nice senic boat ride. I just did a quick check on the web site before posting this and I see they now offer pick up and delivery in Horseshoe Bay, the ferry terminal in West Vancouver. Check it out and good luck

• 4 weeks later...

We live in Surrey BC, 45 minutes from downtown. While we no longer have pets (our last dog passed away 2 years ago) we boarded multiple times at Rondivils Kennels in Richmond on Westminster Hwy, they are about 20 minutes from the Peace Arch border crossing. They are FANTASTIC there! They have large kennels for each animal, each kennel has private access to outside and inside plus they are on a huge property and the dogs get plenty of exercise. We had a big dog but I'm sure they separate the big dogs from the littles ones if that is important to you. 

• 1 month later...