Honeymooning on Princess Cruise

piperboy_714

Hello all!

My fiancée and I will be going to Mexico in March 2021 for our honeymoon. This is the first time my fiancée will ever be on a cruise and my second cruise, but well over 15 years since I first went. Any advice, tips, or tricks that you all could think of for our trip!

Thank you in advance! 

• Like 1

In the Cruise Personalizer there is a place for special events or is it special occasions.

Any way select from the drop down menu Honeymoon. Do this for both passengers.

You will receive some surprise gifts for free.

It will be interesting to see if the cruise sails in March 2001. Do you have a back up plan if it does not?

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

Assume you are booked on the Royal Princess. If you go schedule a specialty dining experience, Crown Grill, Sabatini's, Ultimate Balcony Breakfast or Dinner.

Are you sure you want a honeymoon cruise in March 202, and risk all that money? Even if the ship sails in March 2021 the cruise experience probably will not be as it has been in the past. Suggest another back up plan. 

If you can afford it...book a suite.

Balcony dinner is a great idea. Not too expensive and very ultra.

Another suggestion is the Chef's Table. You sign up for it at Passenger Services or with the Maitre D' (limited availability, maybe 12 people) It's usually offered only once per cruise. Pax Svcs is easier. If you decide to do it, be sure to pack closed toe shoes. There's a kitchen tour included, the shoes are required.

Fingers crossed that the cruise is a GO.

Enjoy it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. My wife and I honeymooned on the Emerald Princess and had a wonderful time.

While a suite is a great idea, I wouldn't book it for your honeymoon. It might cause your future cruises to be a lot more expensive 🙂

• Like 1

I would suggest the champagne breakfast delivered to your cabin one or twice after you plan on a late night out. I would also suggest the ultimate Balcony Dinner which is very romantic . They include flowers and a picture from the ships photo dept. When you get on the ship the first thing is call the dine line 3464 and request the Chefs table. You can deicide what specialty restaurants you will choose on differtn nights but book the  Crown Grill, Sabatini's,   and Curtis Stone specialty dinning. You can speak to Maître D and let them know your are on your honeymoon. You should eat in the main dining room on formal night for your meal. You should speak to the Captains Circle Host and inquire if they are having any Newlywed get togethers. This is an opportunity to meet the senior officers sometimes and also find out what they have for newlyweds. The ship has a platinum studio for personal phot session. It might seem expensive but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to capture your glow during this honeymoon so I would suggest you consider a private phot session from the studio, it  is free for a promo demo of what they offer. 

Also, the Ultimate Ship’s Tour is terrific and sells out quickly. If you can, immediately upon boarding run up to the Sanctuary ( forward deck 17) and book a few days . The pampering and service are special as is the included English tea at 3:30 everyday. Scones, tea sandwiches, pastry etc. yummy 

On 8/20/2020 at 10:16 PM, brisalta said:

In the Cruise Personalizer there is a place for special events or is it special occasions.

Any way select from the drop down menu Honeymoon. Do this for both passengers.

You will receive some surprise gifts for free.

It will be interesting to see if the cruise sails in March 2001. Do you have a back up plan if it does not?

Thank you for you're advice! I have done so and looking forward to what we may get as surprises! Im continually praying that we are good to sail in March. If we don't, we will just move to another cruise later that year to celebrate. But hoping that that doesn't happen.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, skynight said:

Assume you are booked on the Royal Princess. If you go schedule a specialty dining experience, Crown Grill, Sabatini's, Ultimate Balcony Breakfast or Dinner.

Are you sure you want a honeymoon cruise in March 202, and risk all that money? Even if the ship sails in March 2021 the cruise experience probably will not be as it has been in the past. Suggest another back up plan. 

Yes I have! I have already booked a meal for the Crown Grill one night and heard amazing things about that place. Just talked to my fiancée tonight and looked up the "Ultimate Balcony Breakfast". She said, "Let's do it!"

We do have a very good insurance policy in place through our travel agent. Whatever happens, we will find ways to enjoy our time. We have thought of and looked at places to go that we would like if we aren't able to cruise. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you can afford it...book a suite.

Balcony dinner is a great idea. Not too expensive and very ultra.

Another suggestion is the Chef's Table. You sign up for it at Passenger Services or with the Maitre D' (limited availability, maybe 12 people) It's usually offered only once per cruise. Pax Svcs is easier. If you decide to do it, be sure to pack closed toe shoes. There's a kitchen tour included, the shoes are required.

Fingers crossed that the cruise is a GO.

We have upgrade once already, don't know if we would be able to afford a suite. But thank you for the advice. I'll look into the Chef's Table. Sounds like a memorable experience!

And yes, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Enjoy it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. My wife and I honeymooned on the Emerald Princess and had a wonderful time.

While a suite is a great idea, I wouldn't book it for your honeymoon. It might cause your future cruises to be a lot more expensive 🙂

Thank you! I'm more of the planner and she loves to explore and go with the flow. I hope you an your wife had an amazing time! We both love the idea of cruises so maybe one day we will book a suite!

15 hours ago, Fat Albert said:

I would suggest the champagne breakfast delivered to your cabin one or twice after you plan on a late night out. I would also suggest the ultimate Balcony Dinner which is very romantic . They include flowers and a picture from the ships photo dept. When you get on the ship the first thing is call the dine line 3464 and request the Chefs table. You can deicide what specialty restaurants you will choose on differtn nights but book the  Crown Grill, Sabatini's,   and Curtis Stone specialty dinning. You can speak to Maître D and let them know your are on your honeymoon. You should eat in the main dining room on formal night for your meal. You should speak to the Captains Circle Host and inquire if they are having any Newlywed get togethers. This is an opportunity to meet the senior officers sometimes and also find out what they have for newlyweds. The ship has a platinum studio for personal phot session. It might seem expensive but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to capture your glow during this honeymoon so I would suggest you consider a private phot session from the studio, it  is free for a promo demo of what they offer. 

This is all great information! Thank you for it all! Already booked a meal at the Crown Grill and have another complementary meal through our travel agent. May book Sabatini's. But will definitely look into speaking to the Maître D and ask about the Newlywed get togethers. Sounds like a good time. And I'm all about the free promos! 

8 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Also, the Ultimate Ship’s Tour is terrific and sells out quickly. If you can, immediately upon boarding run up to the Sanctuary ( forward deck 17) and book a few days . The pampering and service are special as is the included English tea at 3:30 everyday. Scones, tea sandwiches, pastry etc. yummy 

Yes, thank you! I have already looked into it! I feel like it sounds so comfortable I'd fall  asleep once I get in! 

8 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Also, the Ultimate Ship’s Tour is terrific and sells out quickly.

Book this at the Passenger Services desk as soon as you can after getting on board. $150/person, but well worth it.

15 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Take out insurance.  Also for the flight, if you have them.

If you have not booked your flights yet, I suggest using Princess EZAir to do so.

Although not all airlines are included and not all flights available on the airlines that are included, EZAir has one big benefit in these unusual times.

You do not lose the value of your airfare if Princess cancels your cruise. Depending on when the cancellation is made, you either have not paid for the flights yet or will get a refund of what you paid or will have an airline credit that can be used within a year of booking.

If you had booked with an airline yourself, unless you paid a high fare (such as first class), there are cancellation penalties that could be up to the full value of the tickets.

• Like 1

Since you are from California (maybe So. Cal?) you may save on flying which is great!

You may also want to research your ports and possible tours on the Ports of

Call (Mexican Riviera) forum. People are so very helpful in providing info and experiences.

We prefer Anytime Dining and have only had to wait 20 minutes one time for a table. We like

to share a table and enjoy meeting other people from everywhere!

Have a great time!