ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

Leknes, Lofoten Islands, again on Oriana's last cruise. Taken from a helicopter on the day the UK had the hottest day on record. the weather here was a lovely 25 degrees, even so far north. What surprised me was the turquoise sea and white sand beaches we could see from the air.

PatDSCN4240.thumb.JPG.7e62f848e178b684732e2ad12f183c03.JPG 

IMG_3595.JPG

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

Longyearbyen, North cape on Oriana's last cruise. No pic of Oriana but thought you might like this one anyway. No car parks here, instead they have snow mobile parks.

Pat

Longyearbyen.thumb.JPG.f4364b88f83260b0bb05cff81aeb4c23.JPG

Great Photo !

Cropped it is stunning - Put it on your wall.

Longyearbyen.thumb.JPG.f4364b88f83260b0bb05cff81aeb4c23.jpg

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

Longyearbyen, North cape on Oriana's last cruise. No pic of Oriana but thought you might like this one anyway. No car parks here, instead they have snow mobile parks.

Pat

Longyearbyen.thumb.JPG.f4364b88f83260b0bb05cff81aeb4c23.JPG

It’s one of my remaining cruising wishes, to get up to Svalbard. We were booked on a cruise on Arcadia in 2008, which included Longyearbyen, but we had to cancel due to the serious illness of my mum.  

Time passed, and other cruises caught our eye, so we’ve never booked another cruise for this region.

Pre-Covid, we were thinking of 2023 for this cruise. Maybe it can still happen. 

9 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It’s one of my remaining cruising wishes, to get up to Svalbard. We were booked on a cruise on Arcadia in 2008, which included Longyearbyen, but we had to cancel due to the serious illness of my mum.  

Time passed, and other cruises caught our eye, so we’ve never booked another cruise for this region.

Pre-Covid, we were thinking of 2023 for this cruise. Maybe it can still happen. 

Well worth it. We saw things I had never imagined. We also did a huskie ride at Longyearbyen and talked a lot to the locals. They need to be a certain type of person to live here, it must be very hard. The driver of the huskies told us he lived remotely and had no running water but as a member of the gym he could wash there. Being around his pack of huskies did mean he needed hot water to wash as he did get very smelly!

Pat

• Like 2

Not sure if this counts! It's the view from the back of our house looking over The Estuary to Lelant. The white building (it's ship like from our back door) is Lelant Golf Club, you can see the sea when the tide is in.

The second photo is Britannia reflected in a  glass building at La Coruna, May 2019

DSCF2508.JPG

Britannia.jpg

• Like 5

Labadee last November.

It’s an area of Haiti, Royal Caribbean lease and use exclusively. The facilities are really  good and we were happy to visit it twice on our B2B cruise.

The last picture is of the jet ski pontoon. We had a blast on them but those for the guests were limited to 40 mph. Every time I caught up with our guide he just powered off away. His wasn’t limited 🙄

EAFDD0A9-D793-4A07-9C0A-DBD1FD85AFC4.jpeg

8AECE822-99CE-4C0B-905D-08B6FE09E57A.jpeg

9CC16339-BF16-45B9-B60C-093A3C0D0CE2.jpeg

36ADB7CB-28BE-4764-BEE7-DD20AD20A6FB.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Elderflower said:

Leknes, Lofoten Islands, again on Oriana's last cruise. Taken from a helicopter on the day the UK had the hottest day on record. the weather here was a lovely 25 degrees, even so far north. What surprised me was the turquoise sea and white sand beaches we could see from the air.

PatDSCN4240.thumb.JPG.7e62f848e178b684732e2ad12f183c03.JPG 

IMG_3595.JPG

Nice to see these photos. With luck we'll be there in June

Avril