ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

Mombassa - 2002, we were on lovely Royal Star owned by African Safari Club. The company no longer exists but that little tub of a ship was lovely, just 190 passengers and we still prefer small ships despite the lack of venues, and variety of entertainment. Sadly no photo of the ship but thought the camels would do are they are ships of the dessert.

Pat

Mombassa.thumb.jpg.ecb378ec3f785f27944e52300636619f.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

I reckon she was about the same size as Oriana, I never sailed on Adonia. This is her history https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Columbus

We sailed on Adonia just the once in 2015 just before she left the fleet. She was a lovely little lady, and because there were fewer passengers on board there was a more friendly feel amongst the  passengers and crew. We had a wonderful and interesting, if rather bumpy, 18 night cruise.

Avril

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We sailed on Adonia just the once in 2015 just before she left the fleet. She was a lovely little lady, and because there were fewer passengers on board there was a more friendly feel amongst the  passengers and crew. We had a wonderful and interesting, if rather bumpy, 18 night cruise.

Avril

Our first cruise was on Adonia to the fjords in 2012 and we loved it -  it got us hooked on cruising! We went on her again in 2014 and although we still really enjoyed many aspects o her, as the cruise was 18 nights we missed having a proper theatre. It was also very bumpy especially through the BOB.

4 hours ago, SeaJane said:

Our first cruise was on Adonia to the fjords in 2012 and we loved it -  it got us hooked on cruising! We went on her again in 2014 and although we still really enjoyed many aspects o her, as the cruise was 18 nights we missed having a proper theatre. It was also very bumpy especially through the BOB.

Yes I agree with you about the theatre, but I loved the small Andersons right next to the MDR. Our 18 night med cruise had a very smooth BOB crossing, it was the med itself that was the problem. A medicane from the north caught the ship portside and she listed really badly and damaged a stabiliser.We had a very rocky time but only one missed port. Every port we docked in the divers went down to try to fix it but it wasn't until the last one, Lisbon, that they managed it. All in all it was memorable cruise.😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

11 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Can I start 'N' with New York

Aurora 2018 docked at Manhattan

QM2  2019 docked at Brooklyn

DSC08137.JPG

P1010057.JPG

I think we were on the same cruise, the Aurora USA and Canada cruise in Sept 2018.

We really enjoyed it. It was a great experience sailing into Manhattan. We really liked the other ports too, and sailing up the St Lawrence to Quebec. The only negative was the return journey, 6 days, and and very little sun. But, on balance it was a very good cruise

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think we were on the same cruise, the Aurora USA and Canada cruise in Sept 2018.

We really enjoyed it. It was a great experience sailing into Manhattan. We really liked the other ports too, and sailing up the St Lawrence to Quebec. The only negative was the return journey, 6 days, and and very little sun. But, on balance it was a very good cruise

Snap, we were on this cruise too. We had done a similar itinerary on our first cruise with P&O on Arcadia in 2010 but the weather over all was disappointing in 2018 . I remember the journey back to the UK when we lost an hour every day and that particular captain decided to lose it at night instead of the more usual midday when doing the transatlantic crossing. By the time we got back to Southampton we were jet lagged and so were a lot of the crew.

Pat

• Like 2