ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

32 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Palermo 2016 from Royal Princess

22548B20-B0C8-48E6-B729-8684949C3B68.jpeg

17F09A5D-ADA0-4DA2-A58D-699B9E0F22ED.jpeg

One of the best things about this thread is seeing places that are new to you, as is the case for me with these great photos. Palermo is absolutely nothing like I would have expected it to look like.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DamianG said:

One of the best things about this thread is seeing places that are new to you, as is the case for me with these great photos. Palermo is absolutely nothing like I would have expected it to look like.

Thanks to you Damian for starting this thread, it has given me the opportunity to look back through photos I haven't looked at for years in some cases and also to see some of the exotic ports we haven't been to.

I also realise that there are lots of ports where I haven't taken any photos of the ports and ships, will do that in all ports in future.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thought this forum had broken again just now as there was nowhere to post a quote. Hope I don't break it as I have lots of Ps.

First one is Phu My, Vietnam. very interesting place with whole families living on small boats. We were on Oriana and at anchor. There were quite a few young boys in rowing boats, that they rowed with their feet, alongside the ship. Some of the families were in their boat homes too. They were all waiting for passengers to throw things into the sea for them. the boys would then dive from their boats to retrieve what ever had been thrown for them. It was mostly money they were finding. It was an experience all right.

860919386_PhuMyVietnam.thumb.JPG.b11968c3f81158a12970071345762e47.JPG

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

I think Phillipsburg should be renamed HELL (that would make three in total). That is what it must be like with all those mega ships in that small port all at the same time.

Pat

Not really, both the town and the beach cope well, never found it difficult to get places on the beach. There is a very efficient water taxi to the beach and town and everything is good, but it is very American. Also some nice excursions and beaches away from the Town, Orient Bay is a nice beach. The island is half Dutch and half French. One of our favourite Caribbean cruise stops.

It was badly hit by Hurricane Irma in September 2017 and we have not been there since but it seems to be fully operational again.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Not really, both the town and the beach cope well, never found it difficult to get places on the beach. There is a very efficient water taxi to the beach and town and everything is good, but it is very American. Also some nice excursions and beaches away from the Town, Orient Bay is a nice beach. The island is half Dutch and half French. One of out favourite Caribbean cruise stops.

It was badly hit by Hurricane Irma in September 2017 and we have not been there since but it seems to be fully operational again.

We have been there several time but never with all those ships. The first time was when ships stopped at the French side which we much preferred. Each subsequent visit we have taken a taxi to the French side and loved it.

Pat

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

Thought this forum had broken again just now as there was nowhere to post a quote. Hope I don't break it as I have lots of Ps.

First one is Phu My, Vietnam. very interesting place with whole families living on small boats. We were on Oriana and at anchor. There were quite a few young boys in rowing boats, that they rowed with their feet, alongside the ship. Some of the families were in their boat homes too. They were all waiting for passengers to throw things into the sea for them. the boys would then dive from their boats to retrieve what ever had been thrown for them. It was mostly money they were finding. It was an experience all right.

Great photo

28 minutes ago, DamianG said:

That looks like the port, but once away from the port area the place will be lovely. You can't  compare Hampshire by the  port of Southampton.😉

Avril

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Great idea for a thread Damian.

Very interesting photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

The far east is an entirely different world. We love it.

Avril