ACL doing their best

Izena

I want to commend ACL doing there best for their cruisers.   I like most others had my cruise cancelled x 2 this year.  Had been scheduled to cruise Puget Sound  which has been rescheduled for April next year.  This cruise will be three generations myself, son and granddaughter.  My son cruised last year with me and had a great time.  

issue was that I had two cruises scheduled for 2021 already May 13 and September 11.  Booked last year yes early but traveling solo and needed to book early to get a cabin.  I knew when I booked the cruises that if circumstances changed and I needed to cancel I would forfeit $250.    Since I don’t want to cruise  so close together  ( more an issue of leaving my dog  then finances——yes my dog is spoiled rotten)

I had my travel agent cancel the May 13 cruise.  To my surprise I will get all of my  $500 deposit back.  Half needs to be applied to upcoming cruise the other half will be mailed.  

I am looking forward to having many more cruises with ACL.   They have earned my loyalty.  

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, Izena said:

I want to commend ACL doing there best for their cruisers.   I like most others had my cruise cancelled x 2 this year.  Had been scheduled to cruise Puget Sound  which has been rescheduled for April next year.  This cruise will be three generations myself, son and granddaughter.  My son cruised last year with me and had a great time.  

issue was that I had two cruises scheduled for 2021 already May 13 and September 11.  Booked last year yes early but traveling solo and needed to book early to get a cabin.  I knew when I booked the cruises that if circumstances changed and I needed to cancel I would forfeit $250.    Since I don’t want to cruise  so close together  ( more an issue of leaving my dog  then finances——yes my dog is spoiled rotten)

I had my travel agent cancel the May 13 cruise.  To my surprise I will get all of my  $500 deposit back.  Half needs to be applied to upcoming cruise the other half will be mailed.  

I am looking forward to having many more cruises with ACL.   They have earned my loyalty.  

Hi Izena,

We have cruised with ACL six times and agree that they are easy to do business with.  We also have had three cruises cancelled this year.  The process for reimbursement/rescheduling was very efficient -- of course, my travel agent had the direct dealings with them.  He told me that they (ACL) were much easier, and quicker, to deal with than with Celebrity.  Perhaps a function of a smaller amount of dealings to handle?

We have only one up-coming cruise booked with ACL, but are planning to book two additional itineraries when we are next on board.

NRayH

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 7:44 AM, Ray in NH said:

Hi Izena,

We have cruised with ACL six times and agree that they are easy to do business with.  We also have had three cruises cancelled this year.  The process for reimbursement/rescheduling was very efficient -- of course, my travel agent had the direct dealings with them.  He told me that they (ACL) were much easier, and quicker, to deal with than with Celebrity.  Perhaps a function of a smaller amount of dealings to handle?

We have only one up-coming cruise booked with ACL, but are planning to book two additional itineraries when we are next on board.

NRayH

So glad to read this!  Looking at traveling with them for the first time in 2021. Some of their trips sound relaxing.  Which ones do you recommend since you've experience with them? Thanks for any advice, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 1:20 AM, Suitcasefull said:

So glad to read this!  Looking at traveling with them for the first time in 2021. Some of their trips sound relaxing.  Which ones do you recommend since you've experience with, them? Thanks for any advice, etc.

Hi Suitcasefull,

Difficult to recommend a specific itinerary without knowing what your major interests are.  We pick our cruises mostly based on the itinerary -- sometimes some place we haven't been, or something of a "special happening" that we wish to be a part of.  Sometimes it is just getting away with friends (known, or un-known).  We tend to try to remain "flexible".  Over the years there have been very few "clunkers".  We have been very blessed, in that regard.

Happy Sailing, wherever your travels take you.

NRayH

I agree with Ray.   Chose an itinerary that interestS  you.   I have done Columbia and snake river and enjoyed it.   Looking forward to PUGET Sound.   Then to east coast.  The cruises are very relaxing,  I don’t like crowds or waiting in line.   I enjoy the balcony just sit and watch the scenery.   Welcome to the ACL family.

12 hours ago, Ray in NH said:

Hi Suitcasefull,

Difficult to recommend a specific itinerary without knowing what your major interests are.  We pick our cruises mostly based on the itinerary -- sometimes some place we haven't been, .

Happy Sailing, wherever your travels take you.

Tend to book for itineraries but had only done Blount as far as small ships. No firm interests.  Looking forward to learning about ACL and seeing some different places although the Florida trip does repeat a couple of places I've been.

10 hours ago, Izena said:

I agree with Ray.   Chose an itinerary that interestS  you.   I have done Columbia and snake river and enjoyed it.   Looking forward to PUGET Sound.   Then to east coast.  The cruises are very relaxing,  I don’t like crowds or waiting in line.   I enjoy the balcony just sit and watch the scenery.   Welcome to the ACL family.

Thanks!   Snake River appeals but it will be down the list a little.  Agree about crowds and lines and I've been known to spend lots of time on balcony while more social travel companion was off talking.