Cruise Critic Community
Ombud

CCL ship to start sailing!!!

Posted (edited)

I read that Costa Cruise (another subsidiary of Carnival like Princess) is sailing next month!! Should (1) help stock price (2) give an insight into what cruises might look like next year ❣

IMHO this is great news!! That's a few up and running. Hurtigruten, MSC, and now Costa 🇨🇷 😍 

Edited by Ombud

Posted (edited)

Hopefully things will go for Costa as well as they did for MSC this week.

Edited by Tapi

Costa is MSC's biggest competitor in Europe.
If MSC has started then Costa cannot lag behind

Both Costa and AIDA are restarting in September

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I read that Costa Cruise (another subsidiary of Carnival like Princess) is sailing next month!! Should (1) help stock price (2) give an insight into what cruises might look like next year ❣

IMHO this is great news!! That's a few up and running. Hurtigruten, MSC, and now Costa 🇨🇷 😍 

Are you sure Hurtugruten is running other then ferry service? It did sound like the Norwegian government was very angry with them.

18 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Are you sure Hurtugruten is running other then ferry service? It did sound like the Norwegian government was very angry with them.

Per their website:

Screenshot_20200824-135904_Chrome.thumb.jpg.33d19e8925504bbb80eecd0224195b74.jpg

Italian citizens only and only visiting Italian ports for right now.

Posted (edited)

COSTA CRUISES OBTAINS RINA BIOSAFETY TRUST CERTIFICATION, INTRODUCES COVID-19 TESTS FOR ALL GUESTS ON BOARD ITS SHIPS

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/costa-cruises-obtains-rina-biosafety-trust-certification

Here’s part of that news release:

“Based on the actual epidemiological situation and considering the opinion of experts, from the first departure of the Costa Deliziosa, scheduled for September 6 from Trieste, and to follow on all ships that will return later into operations, the company will perform the antigenic Covid-19 swab tests to all embarking guests.

The test will be carried out within the wider pre-boarding procedures that have been defined according to the protocols of the health authorities and the Costa Safety Protocol. The quick antigenic test will identify any suspicious cases that may be subjected to a PCR test for further check, thus determining the possibility of embarkation. The company is also offering its guests the option to subscribe a dedicated insurance, with specific services in case of need”.

Edited by Astro Flyer

All the best, we will soon be back to the good old days of cruising!

On 8/24/2020 at 4:38 PM, ontheweb said:

"For its part, Hurtigruten has retained lawyers while its internal investigation is proceeding. The company hired DNV GL to conduct an independent investigation into the entire situation. In the meantime, its expedition cruise ships have all been laid up but its Norwegian coastal service is continuing as it is considered a form of vital transportation for people, mail, and cargo. When news of the situation first broke, Norway also again closed its ports to all cruise ships with more than 100 passengers while it investigated this incident".

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/hurtigruten-faces-continuing-problems-in-norway-after-covid-19-cruise

saying 

On 8/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, Ombud said:

I view these cruises starting the same as I read about airlines starting to fly domestic and internationally, don't be fooled one bit that this will meaningful cover their huge loses.   

Of course the stock price may for a bit act short term dont' confuse the dead cat bounce or catch that falling knife at the wrong moment, LOL

12 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

"For its part, Hurtigruten has retained lawyers while its internal investigation is proceeding. The company hired DNV GL to conduct an independent investigation into the entire situation. In the meantime, its expedition cruise ships have all been laid up but its Norwegian coastal service is continuing as it is considered a form of vital transportation for people, mail, and cargo. When news of the situation first broke, Norway also again closed its ports to all cruise ships with more than 100 passengers while it investigated this incident".

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/hurtigruten-faces-continuing-problems-in-norway-after-covid-19-cruise

Thank you for finding the answer to my question. I had a feeling that it was only the essential services that were continuing and not the cruises.

OK so its just Aida (CCL),  Costa (CCL), and MSC starting up again

21 hours ago, drsel said:

All the best, we will soon be back to the good old days of cruising!

Global covid extended rolling 7D August 25.JPG

Huh. Did anyone else get this?? Why me?Screenshot_20200826-070104_Gmail.thumb.jpg.2fb912a4ea2d914260bf07744aa8f334.jpg

It wasn't attached to anything political. Just a graph

don't worry, It's a standard message given in all the email notifications to all members.

Anyway it's best to avoid religion and politics in any chat

All notification emails from Cruise critic have this message

I'm following this thread (bc i am anxiously waiting to cruise) so i get an email every time someone posts

I am also anxious to Cruise.

you have to change your settings if you don't want to receive emails every time someone posts a message.
you can choose to receive a notification email for every post or once a day or once a week

On 8/26/2020 at 7:45 AM, Ombud said:

I'm following this thread (bc i am anxiously waiting to cruise) so i get an email every time someone posts

How would all this talk-talk and cheering get us closer to cruising?

What we need are solutions and successful programs. You could do something positive. Work in your community to encourage people to social distance and wear masks.

We'll cruise again once the epidemic is under control.

Slow and steady like a ship at see folks.  We will be back!

Cheers