Rumour: Pacific Dawn & Aria not coming back

eamondzhang

Well current rumour circulating is Pacific Dawn and Aria are not coming back .

They were due to leave the fleet next year to CMV however CMV went into administration a couple weeks ago - putting the ship's future into limbo.

Although P&O is still selling their sailings, rumour among the industry is they're not coming back.

If true a sad day that we're losing two ships in one go, especially for Melbourne! 😞

Cheers,

Michael

14 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Well current rumour circulating is Pacific Dawn and Aria are not coming back .

They were due to leave the fleet next year to CMV however CMV went into administration a couple weeks ago - putting the ship's future into limbo.

Although P&O is still selling their sailings, rumour among the industry is they're not coming back.

If true a sad day that we're losing two ships in one go, especially for Melbourne! 😞

Cheers,

Michael

The last time I looked they were heading to the Suez Canal. Heading to the breakup yards in Turkey?

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

The last time I looked they were heading to the Suez Canal. Heading to the breakup yards in Turkey?

Dawn maybe as it's old but hopefully Aria still has some life with her - I just checked vessel finders and looks like Aria is heading towards Cyprus. Not some good signs tho.

Ps - late edit but I just realised Sky Princess is also in Cyprus. Not sure what she's doing in there but it might not be a bad sign if Aria went that way.

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang
Added info

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 4:37 PM, eamondzhang said:

Dawn maybe as it's old but hopefully Aria still has some life with her - I just checked vessel finders and looks like Aria is heading towards Cyprus. Not some good signs tho.

Ps - late edit but I just realised Sky Princess is also in Cyprus. Not sure what she's doing in there but it might not be a bad sign if Aria went that way.

Michael

Theirs like 5-6 ships at Limassol anchorage right now most part of P&O group think its just maybe a better place to lay up ships ??

2 minutes ago, roeco9084 said:

Theirs like 5-6 ships at Limassol anchorage right now most part of P&O group think its just maybe a better place to lay up ships ??

One can really argue either way - there's still a whole bunch of ships sitting right next to Singapore/Malaysia including Pacific Explorer. Both PD and PA were there until they moved across to Europe - with another few that was supposed to operate in Europe/East Coast of USA once everything comes back.

I would have thought that it would only be useful to move the ship half way around the Earth of they do not intend to bring the ship back, and especially since it doesn't look like crew swapping related!

Michael