Cunard cancels cruises up to April 2021

Solent Richard

9 hours ago, T5LHR said:

“Does anyone know if I am still able to claim a cash refund for the booking? Even though it was booked using FCC from a cancelled booking? 

T5

🙁

I would think you would only get the original cash amount retuned in money. The bonus FCC may be returned as FCC or may be forfeit,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazz100 said:

I would think you would only get the original cash amount retuned in money. The bonus FCC may be returned as FCC or may be forfeit,

Sorry, I should have been more clear... I would not expect to get 125% of my original booking as a cash refund, just the amount I originally paid... 

23 minutes ago, Fomalhaut said:

QM2 World Tour 2022: you say 104 nights, from January 3 to April 03. This is only 90 nights. Where is the error?

It doesn't finish on April 3rd, there's the error. We have a different thread discussing the 2022 world cruise here.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can’t believe it.

We were booked on Q110B, Singapore to Tokyo departing on the 26th of March 2021.

On the 26th of August 2020 we received advice that the cruise had been cancelled.

Contacted the travel agent who requested a full refund, and received a confirmation from Cunard, on the same day.

Expected a delay of at least 60 days, and probably more, before seeing our refund.

Probable further delays for the TA to pass on the refund.

TA rang yesterday to say she had received the refund and wanted confirmation of our bank details so she could process the transfer.

Checked the bank 3 hours later and the funds were already in the account.

Given some of the horror stories on these forums of people waiting beyond 140 days we were stunned to have the money in our account in 14 days.

Hopefully others will receive their refunds in a similar time frame.

Cheers,

Oldace. 🍺

Having read the front page review of the cruise on the MSC Grandiosa - which looks desperately like a paid for puff piece - I regret to say that I would never want to cruise under those conditions. Despite the author’s apparent gleeful enthusiasm on what was just a 2 day cruise on a ship that was only 1/3rd full I read only a sense of highly regulated control with the continuous use of the mask on board precluding any sense of community and shared enjoyment.

I hate to say it but the new controls just imposed by the U K government which are set to run right through until Spring 2021 will have a terrible knock-on effect to thousands of businesses and that includes the cruise companies. I have one cruise left - the Baltic in July - and that is now looking very fragile. With such restrictions as indicated above I won’t be going.

13 hours ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

Having read the front page review of the cruise on the MSC Grandiosa - which looks desperately like a paid for puff piece - I regret to say that I would never want to cruise under those conditions. Despite the author’s apparent gleeful enthusiasm on what was just a 2 day cruise on a ship that was only 1/3rd full I read only a sense of highly regulated control with the continuous use of the mask on board precluding any sense of community and shared enjoyment.

I hate to say it but the new controls just imposed by the U K government which are set to run right through until Spring 2021 will have a terrible knock-on effect to thousands of businesses and that includes the cruise companies. I have one cruise left - the Baltic in July - and that is now looking very fragile. With such restrictions as indicated above I won’t be going.

Understandable - just being on a ship is not the point of the exercise.  The controls and limitations now contemplated tend to make the sailing more like a military exercise than cruising the way I am interested in doing.

Just checked my Credit Card app, and saw that the amount I had paid so far for my cancelled QV cruise has already been refunded. I put in for the refund on the day they announced the cruise cancellations through to '21.

So can't complain at Cunard about that to be fair to them. Now I just need to reconsider what will become my new first Cunard Experience. Seriously considering waiting till Jan 22 for my fortieth and doing a QM2 Transatlantic. But seems the only one close to my Birthday is the beginning of the World Cruise, so not sure I fancy that one after all.

6 hours ago, JP82 said:

Just checked my Credit Card app, and saw that the amount I had paid so far for my cancelled QV cruise has already been refunded. I put in for the refund on the day they announced the cruise cancellations through to '21.

So can't complain at Cunard about that to be fair to them. Now I just need to reconsider what will become my new first Cunard Experience. Seriously considering waiting till Jan 22 for my fortieth and doing a QM2 Transatlantic. But seems the only one close to my Birthday is the beginning of the World Cruise, so not sure I fancy that one after all.

Even if it were a segment of a World Cruise, a QM2 Transatlantic remains what it is.  Many of your fellow passengers would be on just for that segment as well, so it should not be a concern.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:21 AM, jaypo63 said:

Just tooooooo sad that Queen Vic isn't doing the Xmas and new year cruise,we go every year and have done for years,P&Os Iona is still scheduled to go so we've booked on her,not sure if it will be to my taste though 

I would recommend not to look a gift horse in the mouth! - but also to stand by for a cancellation 

An update on our cancellation saga, which we hope is coming to an end. Our May cruise was cancelled in March, for which we were able to take 50/50 refund/FCC. A the beginning of August (140+ plus days) we asked for the refund via AMEX,  but even this went wrong. We of course advised Cunard of our intentions, and also when we received all that was due, hoping there would be some finality. However, just looking at our AMEX statement, guess what we saw? Another refund from Cunard (180+days)! Advised AMEX to refund and yet more correspondence to Carnival House. At least this time, the response was with an official complaint number. I wonder what the chances are that they will try to reverse their error, even though AMEX are duty bound to repay the claim?

Even though until very recently I felt we were done with Cunard, after some true misdemeanours and inaccurate accusations on their part, I am beginning to need a "fix" though husband is not so keen. Booking a spring cruise on QE is tempting, but perhaps we should now spread our wings; some lovely itineraries to be seen with Viking.

Is anyone out there tempted to book QE as she is again in European waters?

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Runners said:

Just about what they said, it will take about 2 months to get your return.  

Some in the UK have been waiting nearly 6 months and have had to take action with credit card company to get their money back.

I love optimists but quite honestly you would have to be out of your mind to book a cruise on any line right now, even with a guaranteed refund.  These cruise lines and their associated airlines are likely to fail financially over the next 12 months, the smart thing to do is to wait until there is some stability both with the spread of this highly contagious disease and financial stability with the cruise lines.

Just my opinion, ultimately it’s your money and your health, I just encourage you to consider the risks before deciding.

• Like 1