Anyone else have my luck?

For some reason, bad luck seems to follow me where vacations are concerned. I have had rain at least one day on almost every trip. The weather is turning colder in the South after being beautiful and will be barely above freezing at sailaway. :( A couple days ago, I got up and my foot was asleep and I fell into our big chest. Still have a scab on my knee. Yesterday, I missed the bottom step and have a floor burn on the other knee and twisted ankle(fortunately not serious) but I will be taking the elevators not the stairs this trip..plus the new clothes I bought do not go with black and blue. I am a card carrying KLUTZ!

Yup same here. The worst though was falling UP the stairs a week before a caribbean cruise and I was black and blue all down one side. Honestly, you'd think I'd been beaten up. Same with the weather. We went to Dominica on a bus tour to see some fantastic lake - couldn't see a darn thing as it was lashing with rain outside and the windows on the bus were all steamed up!

You are not alone. :D

If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck.

As for weather, on a cruise 3 years ago, it poured for the last three ports, all in a row. We just got out the dollar store ponchos and off we went.

On Navigator In November It Rained The First Two Ports. Labadee And Ocho Rios. Actually It Poured In Labadee. We Went Back To The Ship In Labadee And Took The Salsa Lessons And In Ocho Rios It Stopped Drizzling So We Explored The Upper Decks On The Ship And Ended Up Playing Putt-putt. There's Always Something On The Ship To Do.

Actually, I have had had fairly good luck - at least no broken bones before a trip.

There used to be a cartoon character who always had a black cloud following him - "Joe" Something or other.

His name was Joe Brifsks (not sure of the spelling):D Was in either Dick Tracey or Lil Abner comics...We used to call my brother "JOE" cause whenever he was on vacation with us the weather would be bad...:cool: Jill

I guess you could call me a klutz. On our 7th day of a 9 day cruise on the Jewel I fractured my foot on the steps by the gift shops. (New England cruise) The day we were in St. John I was in St. John hospital being Xrayed and casted. I did go to the ships hospital and was Xrayed and a temporary cast put on, but they wanted me to go to the hospital in St. John. I felt so bad I could not walk around in Portland, one of my favorite ports. No RCI did not pay my medical bills or give me a free cruise or a settlement but I can live with that. Sunday we are going on the Vision for the Riviera cruise. The Vision has some problems with the pods and we will have to miss Puerto Vallarta. Also leaving at 8:00 instead of 5:00.

Archived