Mariner Through 2021 WC Cancelled

mrlevin

From RSSC.com:

With COVID-19 impacting communities and ports around the globe, and after collaboration with local, state, federal and global agencies, we extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages worldwide to include sailings embarking through October 31, 2020, along with our Full 2021 World Cruise and voyages departing through April 2021 aboard Seven Seas Mariner®. 

Active reservations on these canceled Seven Seas Mariner® sailings as of August 26, 2020: 
2020: November 14, December 5, December 15
2021: January 5, January 21, February 14, February 26, March 16, April 3, April 23
Full 2021 World Cruise

Individual Seven Seas Mariner Voyages

Guests with active paid-in-full reservations on individual Seven Seas Mariner voyages departing through April 2021 have been provided with a 100% Future Cruise Credit* of the amount paid plus a Bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to an existing reservation or any new reservation made within one year for a Regent voyage departing through December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits can be applied to multiple reservations. 

Or, if eligible guests prefer a refund rather than the Future Cruise Credits, we will provide these guests with a 100% refund of the amount paid. Refund requests can be submitted via the form below and will be processed within 60 days. 

Guests with active paid-in-full reservations on individual Seven Seas Mariner voyages canceled on August 26, 2020, must submit refund requests no later than September 9, 2020.

Full 2021 World Cruise

Guests with active paid-in-full reservations on our Full 2021 World Cruise (MAR210105G) who choose not to take our 2023 World Cruise offer will be provided with a 100% Future Cruise Credit* of the amount paid plus a Bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to an existing reservation or any new reservation made within one year for a Regent voyage departing through December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits can be applied to multiple reservations.

Or, if eligible guests prefer a refund rather than the Future Cruise Credits, we will provide these guests with a 100% refund of the amount paid. Refund requests can be submitted via the form below and will be processed within 60 days.

Guests with active paid-in-full reservations on our Full 2021 World Cruise canceled on August 26, 2020, must submit refund requests no later than September 18, 2020.

* Government taxes and fees, trip insurance, and any pre-purchased items such as Regent Choice excursions or Culinary Arts Kitchen classes will be refunded. The remaining amount paid will be refunded in the form of a 100% Future Cruise Credit and a Bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit. Some terms may vary by country. 

Edited by mrlevin

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

I think there is a typo in there - they cancelled more than just through October. I am getting cancellation notices for November....

November Mariner or other ships too?

7 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

First set was Mariner - we will see. I would expect them all to go if one ship does. This isn't a 1 ship problem.

Expect them to do something more now?  I am not so confident.  If you want some humour read the CLIA Coronavirus FAQs on bottom of Regent Health Advisory Link.  If they can't even fix something like this how can we expect them to share updated information on return to cruising with us.

In addition, they talk about new reservations made prior to 31 August; I hope they realize that is just five days away. 

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

If they are only cancelling Mariner cruises maybe they are selling her.

Or, they like everyone else are just cancelling the World Cruise for 2021.  They will probably cancel the Voyager Africa cruises and the rest of November in the next week or two.

NCLH cancelled the cruises for October on 28 July.  And pledged monthly updates.  I believe Pcardad previously predicted we'd see November sailings cancelled in August, December in September, rinse and repeat until?

Regent is, however, still showing the Explorer cruise from Singapore to Sydney available for sale.  While Bali and Australia are closed to tourists until after the cruise.  How is that possible?

They are too! I wish they just would admit that they aren’t going anywhere until after the first if the year at least in the US and probably anywhere.

At least they should delay final payments for cruises though some time in the spring until they know they can run said cruises. That is the right thing to do as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: AUGUST 26, 2020

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. To address feedback from guests and travel partners, we are modifying our payment schedule for voyages departing through March 31, 2021 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

An updated invoice will be issued today reflecting your new final payment date.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Regent cancelled November to April Mariner today....but nothing else? I am confused.

I believe I can see the sense in what Regent have done.

They have concluded that the 2021 WC is no longer viable, so have decided to formally cancel it sooner rather than later.

Having made that decision it makes no sense to remobilise the ship & crew for the itineraries planned for November & December 2020. Hence they are cancelling Mariner published itineraries until at least May 2021.

As usual it would be easier for customers if Regent would improve their communication & explanation of their actions ................ and get the info on the website properly aligned 🤨

A few questions left to be answered:

1. What offer for the 2023 WC is being made to those still booked on the cancelled 2021 WC?
  2. What will happen to Mariner for the next 8 months? Lay-up? (hot, warm or cold?); Alternative itineraries in early 2021?; Sale? (I sincerely hope not ☹️)
  3. When will the "waitlisted" cruises on Regent's other ships be formally cancelled? Do we have to wait another month to finally know the fate of our November 2020 cruise & start the refund process?

25 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

To address feedback from guests and travel partners, we are modifying our payment schedule for voyages departing through March 31, 2021 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

Excellent news. A good decision 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: AUGUST 26, 2020

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. To address feedback from guests and travel partners, we are modifying our payment schedule for voyages departing through March 31, 2021 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

An updated invoice will be issued today reflecting your new final payment date.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Thank you. I will probably hear from TA later today as she is on the west coast. So maybe we won't have to make the final payment until we know we have a cruise.  Our TA notified us yesterday she could assign us a suite if we were still interested in the Navigator May 31 90+ day cruise. She has been watching it for us for some time. My DH would love to do the May 31 cruise, but I need to know what the ship is going to be like before we put money down. I feel there will be more cancelation as time goes on.

Flossie, you hit the nail on the head! Regent needs to hire you! 

Edited by cwn
  • Thanks 1

Just checked the Regent website. All November 2020 cruises are waitlisted. We all know now that’s the first step towards the cancelations. 
I guess the announcement should be soon, by the end of the month.
It’s good news that the January -March 2021 final payments have been delayed to 60 days before sailing. December 2020 was changed a few weeks ago. 
None of us really knows when we will sail again.... but let’s be optimistic.
sheila 

Hi Susan & David/flossie009, a 2021 WC guest posted this on another site:

We are (were) booked on the 21 WC & received an email from Regent this morning stating the WC is cancelled. We have however, the opportunity to keep the same suite on the 2023 WC, & transfer any payments to the new cruise.

Tho, the WC 2023 cruise is longer than the 2021 WC was so price will be higher.

Regent will release the 2023 WC itinerary on Sept 14, available to book Sept 23.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is what HAL did for their 2021 WC cruisers but to the 2022 WC. I think I read that they kept the same price also.... some one can correct me if not.

We like HAL’s  2022 WC itinerary and we have cruised many days on HAL. Since most of our cruises are itinerary driven to a large extent Our TA finally was able to book a top suite not just a guarantee after the dust of all the transfers cleared. She is checking if the deposit is fully refundable so we can hold it for a while....to see what Regents 2023 WC looks like and of course what the protocols wind up as. Gives us something to think about anyway a little ways out when I hope the current situation has improve some.

Seems like such a long time away and we aren’t getting any younger!😒

Edited by cwn

2 hours ago, WesW said:

We are (were) booked on the 21 WC & received an email from Regent this morning stating the WC is cancelled. We have however, the opportunity to keep the same suite on the 2023 WC, & transfer any payments to the new cruise.

Tho, the WC 2023 cruise is longer than the 2021 WC was so price will be higher.

Regent will release the 2023 WC itinerary on Sept 14, available to book Sept 23.

With all the bookings transferred over (until people decide to cancel), I guess there won't be any Cat H "showers;" I guess that ends our plans for the 2023 world cruise.

Yes Mark we may in the same boat (pun intended) with booking priority going to 2021 WC bookings (appropriate).   We will see what G suites are available for us new WC bookers on September 23rd.  May have to look at the WC in 2024.