What Itineraries Would You Like to See Royal Bring Back or Add?

10 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Definitely would like to see true Southern Caribbean sailings: ABC's out of Bayonne during Jan/Feb/ March.  There have been no longer sailings in Feb. and March for some time now.  Bahamas just aren't cutting it.  

How long does that take 🤔 

More Transatlantics via Greenland (the cancelled Brilliance trip this year was way over-subscribed)

West Coast of Africa via Morocco and Namibia to South Africa

East coast of Africa, via Mauritius and Seychelles to South Africa

Edited by compman9
Addition
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I would like the Oasis to have a shaded hot tub and the availability of lunch served on the suite sun deck.  We do not like the hot  sun .  The  Celebrity Edge has set a gold standard for suite sun deck.

Wonder may have that

8 minutes ago, RKHOOKER said:

Any 14 day Mediterranean or Caribbean itinerary with no more than two consecutive port days, sea days are for relaxing & or enjoying the ship. Also, overnight stops in some of the bigger Mediterranean cities.

We live in New York and for 20 plus years we have cruised the Caribbean. ALWAYS new things, people and places no matter how many times we return and always favorite things we love to revisit.

We have done mostly 10 and 12 night cruises but REALLY, REALLY, REALLY were blown away when due to a hurricane a 14 night Southern Caribbean cruise from New York became a TRULY MEMOIRABLE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN EXPERIENCE. 

Truth is we LOVE days spent at sea and don't mind a day of cold weather when departing or returning in the months of January or February as it gives us time to get used to where we are heading to and returning to...

From N.Y. to the ABCs and Martinique is UNIQUE,  

Just ONE cruise per year for folks who love the longer more relaxing cruises that are SPECIAL as to itinerary and length, whether from Cape Liberty or any other ports of departure would be a sell out as was the ship when we sailed..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How long does that take 🤔 

We did one to the ABCs, Martinique and a few other of the usual Southern Caribbean ports that was 14 days.(NY DEPARTURE)

Problem seems that when they set up schedules they do the same itineraries and cruise lengths for an entire season. . and a season of long cruises would be hard to fill..

How about ONE WELL ADVERTISED AS BEING UNIQUE 14 day (to the DEEP SOUTH) for those who love the longer cruises and have the time, then a few 12 days and then a few 10 days.  . 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 8:48 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Royal and Celebrity have made it abundantly clear that they are really not interested in the market for sailings of longer than 14 days.  In general they like things that fit in multiples of "7" so they can provide a more consistent schedule. They have even been removing many 14 day itineraries in favor of 9/12 , 10/11, etc patterns as the longest they want to offer on a regular basis regardless of sailing region.  My guess is they see a lower yield per day in ancillary items (photos, internet, alcohol, spa, excursions, etc) as cruise lengths increase.  The shorter the cruise the lower the average age, and the more 3rd/4th berths filled, which all yields higher ancillary revenue.

If they are going to offer more "exotic" sailings - World Cruise, Africa, Amazon River,  or other off the beaten path ports/longer sailings in the Caribbean. Europe or Alaska, etc they will do so with Azamara and Silversea going forward.  This why RCG has a portfolio of brands so they can hone each to return the best yield.  Move folks from Royal to Celebrity for a more "adult" big ship experience without all the theme park at sea doo-dads, then move folks from Celebrity to Azamara for more exotic and longer sailings and now have Silversea for those who demand the highest levels of service in an all inclusive, boutique hotel atmosphere where they can sail to some of the least visited ports in the world.

Many hotel conglomerates have been doing the same for the last few decades - most notably Hilton and Marriott.

Great feedback, makes sense but nonetheless disappointing.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 1:55 AM, Bloodgem said:

I would like a Christmas cruise but Royal do not sail out of Southampton in the winter. (We are a non flying family for medical reasons.)  

We'd love an Xmas cruise out of either Southampton or Barcelona!

On 8/30/2020 at 10:38 AM, LuCruise said:

8 or 9 night our of New Jersey on Oasis or Quantum class at Xmas time.  We had an 8 night booked for this Christmas but next year's is only 7 night.  And Christmas is the only time we could take a cruise longer than 7 nights.  On the flip side, I don't think I'd ever get DH to go longer than 9 nights as he'd get antsy.  So 8 or 9 would be perfect.

Selecting New Jersey as anywhere else is $$$ for the flight (and it's even an option for us to drive to the port if really required)

Agree as long as it's not to the Bahamas!  Tired of Nassau.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think most of these have been mentioned, but here goes:

1. Alaska out of San Francisco (we’re in California)

2. Hawaii RT out of Los Angeles or San Diego. Celebrity used to offer this. 

3. An Eastern Med cruise that includes Istanbul, preferably over night. One with Israel and/or Egypt would be better. We too took a cruise on the Legend in 2008 that went to Egypt, Mykonos, Cyprus, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Naples and back to Rome. We met so many people on that cruise that we still keep in touch with. 

4. The Northern route out of Harwich. We went on a couple of those and loved them.

We had to defer our cruise to the Baltics and a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Copenhagen. We have scheduled a Baltic cruise next year along with a 

med cruise, not as perfect as the ones this year but we’re still excited. Hopefully there will be a vaccine by next June. 

Kate

14 hours ago, KateDen said:

I think most of these have been mentioned, but here goes:

1. Alaska out of San Francisco (we’re in California)

2. Hawaii RT out of Los Angeles or San Diego. Celebrity used to offer this. 

3. An Eastern Med cruise that includes Istanbul, preferably over night. One with Israel and/or Egypt would be better. We too took a cruise on the Legend in 2008 that went to Egypt, Mykonos, Cyprus, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Naples and back to Rome. We met so many people on that cruise that we still keep in touch with. 

4. The Northern route out of Harwich. We went on a couple of those and loved them.

We had to defer our cruise to the Baltics and a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Copenhagen. We have scheduled a Baltic cruise next year along with a 

med cruise, not as perfect as the ones this year but we’re still excited. Hopefully there will be a vaccine by next June. 

Kate

Really like 1 & 3.  I think we had  one of our best cruises on Celebrity to Istanbul.  Would love to go back there again overnight.

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

Really like 1 & 3.  I think we had  one of our best cruises on Celebrity to Istanbul.  Would love to go back there again overnight.

Azamara has a perfect cruise in 2022 that overnights in Istanbul and also goes to Egypt and Israel. I’m just not certain we want to pay over $10,000 for an OV. 🥺

Kate

10 minutes ago, KateDen said:

Azamara has a perfect cruise in 2022 that overnights in Istanbul and also goes to Egypt and Israel. I’m just not certain we want to pay over $10,000 for an OV. 🥺

Kate

We have taken 4 Azamara cruises and recommend them.  Service is outstanding.

I like the Oasis class, but they do a lot of short cruises and I prefer 7 nights or more. I would like them to do 7 nights in the Caribbean and Europe.  

I was on the literal last Dubai cruise and I enjoyed the area very much.  Covid derailed other ports, but I would like to do the area again. 

Turkey I did on another line and I agree it wasn't on my radar, but afterwards it became one of my favorite ports. The Canary islands as well.

Greenland and Iceland would be nice as well.

I agree with Egypt. I like  to do more exotic ports on cruises to get a taste of a place and try it out so I am up for anyplace that isn't on the typical route.

• Like 1