Just booked Hawaii, So happy!

sprint180

I have been kinda down.  Doesn't make sense since I was just on a cruise in January.  I think it is just the fact that we can't cruise right now.  Anyway, my sister wanted to do a sisters cruise and we decided on Hawaii,  in 2022  but still, it is something to look forward to.  Now 18 months of planning!

• Like 9

11 hours ago, sprint180 said:

I have been kinda down.  Doesn't make sense since I was just on a cruise in January.  I think it is just the fact that we can't cruise right now.  Anyway, my sister wanted to do a sisters cruise and we decided on Hawaii,  in 2022  but still, it is something to look forward to.  Now 18 months of planning!

My very first cruise was Hawaii...so beautiful.  I know the feeling of having something to look forward to.  I have a March 2022 b2b booked (used my FCC's) and even though it is a long way off I can still plan on what I ant to see and do and like you said something to look forward to.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sprint180 said:

You will love this trip NCL has extra time on the islands, so enjoy the planning. Hawaii is a wonderful vacation choice.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sprint180 said:

We absolutely loved Hawaii and since you booked 2022, it should definitely be good to go.  Definitely, get to Oahu at least 2 nights beforehand.  There is the time change plus there is lots to see in Oahu.  We stayed at the Outrigger Reef Hotel and loved it.

• Thanks 1

Agree with Crazy planning mom and stay a few days before the cruise.  Waikiki is a must for a first time visitor and there are many hotels to pick from.  If you are up for driving then rent a car, add another day and drive up to the North Shore.  Honolulu is a bit crazy when driving but once you get out of there it is amazing.   So much to see on Oahu and many just stay one night and then board the ship - they really are missing out on the magic of Oahu.  All of the islands are beautiful and different.  Planning is part of the fun!

• Thanks 1

I love this cruise! The DH and I went eons ago on the Wind (remember Fanning Island--LOL). Then I went with my DD and DGD and we had so much fun. We stayed a few days pre-cruise at the Hale Koa and toured as well. Between the pre-cruise stay and the cruise the three of us could not stop talking about our great time. Yep, you guessed it we are booked in 2022. 

13 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I love this cruise! The DH and I went eons ago on the Wind (remember Fanning Island--LOL). Then I went with my DD and DGD and we had so much fun. We stayed a few days pre-cruise at the Hale Koa and toured as well. Between the pre-cruise stay and the cruise the three of us could not stop talking about our great time. Yep, you guessed it we are booked in 2022. 

Linda - Johnny & I spent part of our honeymoon on the Wind:   10-Day Hawaiian Island & Fanning Island Cruise.   We spent one night prior on Oahu & then 4 weeks after on Molokai.  

I believe we were on the Wind’s final season in Hawaii. 

6 hours ago, Von & John said:

Linda - Johnny & I spent part of our honeymoon on the Wind:   10-Day Hawaiian Island & Fanning Island Cruise.   We spent one night prior on Oahu & then 4 weeks after on Molokai.  

I believe we were on the Wind’s final season in Hawaii. 

Von, We loved the Wind as well when we sailed her. What a wonderful cruise full of great memories even though it is coming up to 20 years ago!

• Like 1

I loved the Wind. We went for our Honeymoon in 2006. Our first NCL cruise. Unfortunately, we never made it to Fanning Island/Kiribati due to a medical emergency on board. It did enable us to see more of Hawaii though, which was great. We loved being able to see multiple islands, and ended up with an additional port in Maui along with more time in Kauai. 

We liked it so much that we went on POA for our five year anniversary. Enjoyed that as well. It gave us a chance to see what we did not have time for the first time. Pearl Harbor and a luau. Also, Volcano National Park.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I loved the Wind. We went for our Honeymoon in 2006. Our first NCL cruise. Unfortunately, we never made it to Fanning Island/Kiribati due to a medical emergency on board. It did enable us to see more of Hawaii though, which was great. We loved being able to see multiple islands, and ended up with an additional port in Maui along with more time in Kauai. 

We liked it so much that we went on POA for our five year anniversary. Enjoyed that as well. It gave us a chance to see what we did not have time for the first time. Pearl Harbor and a luau. Also, Volcano National Park.

Lynne - we were on the Wind in 2006 for our Honeymoon as well...
We were lucky - we made it to Fanning Island :)

My last cruise was with my Mom to Hawaii. It was amazing!! We were there in March, on the last sailing before the shutdown. We flew in 2 days before the cruise, so we had a full day to start adjusting to the time change and go visit Pearl Harbor. We would have gone a day or two earlier, but that was all I could get off of work. I will definitely go back with my husband sometime in the future.

I’ve done these NCL cruises over a dozen times-  fantastic itinerary.  But I also always go for at least 3 weeks-  with Hawaii and Maui on both sides of the cruise.   There is a lot more than “Waikiki “. I rarely spend more than a couple days In Oahu.    

We were supposed to sail out of Vancouver to Hawaii next week .....went down to Canada place today and it is so sad to see no ships sitting waiting for passengers ....So we are going to look today to book in two years time lol ....

10 hours ago, Jldevlin said:

We were supposed to sail out of Vancouver to Hawaii next week .....went down to Canada place today and it is so sad to see no ships sitting waiting for passengers ....So we are going to look today to book in two years time lol ....

Great idea! 

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! We just booked for April 2022!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

15 hours ago, MatrixOperator said:

Awesome! We just booked for April 2022!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

April is a great time to go. We sailed the beginning of April and the weather was good. The next time we sailed was June and it was warmer (summer lol) but still great. The first time I went on a Mauna Kea Summit and Observatory tour and it was a blast -cold up there but what an experience. It was different from the sand and warmth below. We had a rain storm returning to the ship which then was hot outside.