Regent Air

jhenry1

Today was my day to book my air and so I called and for some reason I cannot get it done as Delta has not given Regent the flights for May Cruises what ever that means.  So then I opted for United and what I choose was a $500 per person more for the flight for some reason.  Can anyone explain what might be going on as I have never encountered this problem before.  I always pay to be able to choose my own flights especially since we fly out of Austin and that is not an easy task.  

6 minutes ago, jhenry1 said:

Today was my day to book my air and so I called and for some reason I cannot get it done as Delta has not given Regent the flights for May Cruises what ever that means.  So then I opted for United and what I choose was a $500 per person more for the flight for some reason.  Can anyone explain what might be going on as I have never encountered this problem before.  I always pay to be able to choose my own flights especially since we fly out of Austin and that is not an easy task.  

Doesn't Regent have contracts with airlines, maybe United isn't one of them or that flight has an additional cost---all flights going to the same airport on the same day don't always have the same price.

Yes United and Delta both have they  contracts with Regent but to go on the flight I wanted there was the $500 per person charge and no explanation why just an upgrade. I have never encounter that with all my years booking flights for Regent cruises so just wondering if anyone else has come across that.

The $500 fee is for not using a contract carrier.  DL and UA may both be contract carriers on different city pairs.  If DL is the contract carrier for your city pair, but hasn't (given the current situation) provided Regent with seats yet, I would be inclined to just wait.  Silly to pay the $500 these days when you have no idea which flights will actually fly.

Just my two cents, your TA is very experienced in this situation.

Marc

• Like 1