Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

44 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I hope Selbourne doesn’t leave the forum. His posts are always clearly written and explained.
Posting on here is like sending a text or email - it is best to read and re-read what you have written to make sure what you’ve written reads how you intend it to be read.
I don’t often post on here, but love reading all the banter and it’s certainly kept me amused and informed in equal measures - so I thank all the regular posters in here and please carry on......

👍.

I always reread then post.

You have about 30 seconds to edit and add or take something off your post which I often do.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank and I have been discussing this recently because of the P&O's current price hikes. At the moment it's ok ,but if prices contiue to rise  as they are we will soon be priced out of the smaller ships. Then we will have to decide whether to try Azua or Ventura, or not cruise at all.

Avril

RCL Vision class ships are similar size to Aurora and RCL Radiance class ships are similar size to Arcadia and both classes are wonderful ships.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have been in that position Josy when you feel attacked for saying what you feel is right, but, with hindsight, I shouldn't have let it bothered me, but sometimes it's not that easy. 

We have plenty of 'spiky' posters on here but I have learnt that most of them don't mean any harm, just sometimes a bit too blunt. 

Andy 

I definitely agree with you Andy.

Fortunately it is rare on P&O UK but common on some forums.

I tend to post a lot and in the early days of joining I was called a post whore(trying to increase my post count)on RCL because I answered nearly everyone's posts when really I was just keen on my new hobby when I had to give up playing golf because of knee and hip arthritis.

Some people start threads and ask for advice then never return to the thread.You and myself actively take part in threads we start as well as some we don't start.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

We prefer the adult only ships Arcadia being one of them but due to these strange times we’re trying Iona than Ventura but outside school holidays, we have no problems with kids but doubt I could eat a whole one now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

We prefer the adult only ships Arcadia being one of them but due to these strange times we’re trying Iona than Ventura but outside school holidays, we have no problems with kids but doubt I could eat a whole one now.

I don't know Baz, on a cruise my appetite has no boundaries, so if it was served in the late night buffet... Just saying😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't know Baz, on a cruise my appetite has no boundaries, so if it was served in the late night buffet... Just saying😊

Andy 

Never tried the late night buffet because i had to leave space for the booze 🥃 🍺 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I hope Selbourne doesn’t leave the forum. His posts are always clearly written and explained.
Posting on here is like sending a text or email - it is best to read and re-read what you have written to make sure what you’ve written reads how you intend it to be read.
I don’t often post on here, but love reading all the banter and it’s certainly kept me amused and informed in equal measures - so I thank all the regular posters in here and please carry on......

I always read and then re-read my posts again before submitting, and often use emojis to to emphasise the the way in which it's meant.  I try to be careful as I don't like to offend, but even then they can be misread. I found it challenging at first, but now I'm learning which posters have a dry sense of humour , the ones with a tongue-in-cheek sense of humour and the ones who are simply hilarious , then there are the one or two that seem to have no sense of humour at all. We are all different, and that's why these problems occur. We have to accept that, apologise and move on. 🙂

Avril

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

We are more comfortable on the smaller adult ships, there seems to be a more relaxing feel about them. We have been on a larger than life ship with all the bells and whistles but it wasn't for us. Maybe  a few years ago when we were younger. We prefer a quieter life now. Going outside school holidays works well. We've done it with Oceana and also with Aurora before she was an adults only ship.

Avril

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Ok. Message received. No need to twist the knife any further! Maybe best I say my farewells. Happy cruising everyone. 

P.S. Could some kind sole tell me how you close an account please? I’ve had a quick look and can’t see how to do it. Thanks. 

Don't go Selbourne.  You're one of the sanest folk on here.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We are more comfortable on the smaller adult ships, there seems to be a more relaxing feel about them. We have been on a larger than life ship with all the bells and whistles but it wasn't for us. Maybe  a few years ago when we were younger. We prefer a quieter life now. Going outside school holidays works well. We've done it with Oceana and also with Aurora before she was an adults only ship.

Avril

While looking to see whether Fred's 2 new ships had decent accessible cabins I came across a fancy web-page for Balmoral with interactive 360 deg features for the cabins and main areas on the ship. I confess I was very impressed with the ships standard of decor, unfortunately it does not have a wide range of accessible cabins, so would not suit us, but it did seem to be a very attractive looking ship.  The 2 new ones are quite a bit bigger but with similar passenger numbers, so should feel quite spacious. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've found myself agreeing with wowzz recently. Not on everything but more than I did. Hush though, don't tell him🤫, I'll never live it down🤤.

Avril

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Best put the kettle on again Avril

Make yourself a nice soothing cup of tea ️ 

I can still hear you!

I have a confession to make. At times  I have posted something that in retrospect I wish I had never sent. But, in the heat of the moment we sometimes write something that later we regret.

But, a post can be misconstrued.  

I have no real wish to get sucked into the current unpleasantness, but I'm sure that after a couple of pints, face to face, both parties would be happy. After all, the argument is basically, will the end of the world  happen this year or next year, so, no big deal. Not worth falling out over. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

While looking to see whether Fred's 2 new ships had decent accessible cabins I came across a fancy web-page for Balmoral with interactive 360 deg features for the cabins and main areas on the ship. I confess I was very impressed with the ships standard of decor, unfortunately it does not have a wide range of accessible cabins, so would not suit us, but it did seem to be a very attractive looking ship.  The 2 new ones are quite a bit bigger but with similar passenger numbers, so should feel quite spacious. 

I've been looking into Fred too. Sailings from northern ports and smaller ships are in his favour. We've never considered him before, but with the direction in which P&O seem to be moving , he's begining to look more interesting

Avril

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I can still hear you!

I have a confession to make. At times  I have posted something that in retrospect I wish I had never sent. But, in the heat of the moment we sometimes write something that later we regret.

But, a post can be misconstrued.  

I have no real wish to get sucked into the current unpleasantness, but I'm sure that after a couple of pints, face to face, both parties would be happy. After all, the argument is basically, will the end of the world  happen this year or next year, so, no big deal. Not worth falling out over. 

See, I agree with you again. Oh dear, I can't keep doing this, I have my reputation to think about. Never mind, a good nights sleep and I might be better in the morning🤞😁

Goodnight wowzz😘

Avril

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

See, I agree with you again. Oh dear, I can't keep doing this, I have my reputation to think about. Never mind, a good nights sleep and I might be better in the morning🤞😁

Goodnight wowzz😘

Avril

Oh Avril - people will talk!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Oh Avril - people will talk!

Better they talk about me than argue with each other😊 

Good morming friends🌄

So, it's a nice new sunny day and time to turn the page.   It looks like we might have a spot of gardening on the agenda for today. You can feel Autumn creeping in now so time for it's winter clean up and preparation for next spring. It doesn't seem two minutes ago that we were getting ready for this spring. I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but I shall be glad to see the end of this chaotic and sad year. The optimist in me is keen to make her appearance again, and is ready see a in a new and positive one. 🛳️

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Well, for those of us hoping to cruise this year, I understand some P&O crew have had stand-by notices, so something may yet happen, perhaps for Christmas.

Fingers crossed then.  I've booked a surprise excursion for the Ole Lady on Christmas Eve.  Would just love to see her reaction if it happens.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Well, for those of us hoping to cruise this year, I understand some P&O crew have had stand-by notices, so something may yet happen, perhaps for Christmas.

That is good news. We had our November cruise cancelled and moved our deposit to June, but this would mean I could begin to plan now with more positivity🤞

Avril

• Like 1