Help! I’m being limited to 15 booze drinks per day on my cruise

-Lew-

She claims to have paid for the drink package but that is included with the Sip n’ Sail promotion.

Glad that Elliott didn’t contest her frivolous claim nor did Princess waive their rules as a result of her threats to not sail with them again & to wage a campaign to have others avoid them...good riddance.

• Like 4

I read Elliot regularly. This article is a reprint. Her complaint is that when she bought the package (promotion/whatever) the package was for unlimited drinks, and now there is a limit. I've sailed on a cruise with an unlimited package. I can't get anywhere near 15 alcoholic drinks if I tried.

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

I can't get anywhere near 15 alcoholic drinks if I tried.

rookie - j/k

I got "caught" in the transition period ... I had the package in my cart planning to pay a few days before the cruise ... when the policy changed ( and price also if I remember ), my cart reset to 0 items and I had to put the 'new' package back into it

15 is a lot, but over a 15 hour 'sea day' , well ...

• Like 1

I have hit 15 twice. Once my wife was quarantining herself in our cabin and I took her a drink on my card. (She had the package as well since it was a Sip and Sail booking.) Late at night in Skywalker's I was told "this will be number 16". I said something like, "Oh, yeah. I did get one for my wife earlier". The staff knew us and knew we didn't "share". They asked if I wanted another one and they'd just put it on my wife's account. I asked for a San Pellegrino and took it to bed. I wasn't "blotto" and they had no problem serving me even if I had gone on and had another couple of drinks.

The other time I hit 15 was because I was drinking Talisker most of the time and one of the bartenders poured me a double when I  would walk in. She didn't ask what I wanted - and sometimes I just wanted a simple Tanqueray and Tonic or something of that sort - but, since she had already poured the double Talisker (and also since I did like the stuff) I just let it go. In the end on the last day of the cruise I just said "what the heck" and ordered one to make 15.

Not a big deal. I don't normally go through all 15 and I certainly don't make a habit of it but, on a long sea day, it's possible without ever becoming toasted. People are different. My wife would likely go into toxic shock and die. Quite a few folks would need to be tossed off the back of the ship if they have more than half a dozen during a full day. I've met a few onboard. I've also met a few very nice folks who don't have a problem with liquor.

• Like 2

Perhaps wine drinkers might be able to down 15 drinks a day but even that is a lot of empty calories. There is the point of view that you should get what you paid for you so if it did indeed say unlimited when you paid for it they should honor it. If I buy an unlimited internet daily package and the changed it after I paid to only xxx amount of hours per day I'd be upset. 

• Like 1

I was hoping this was a joke.  I cannot imagine 15 drinks in a day or why one would need 15 drinks in a day.  I know weight and drinking habits and etc come in to play, but yes, that is way too many empty calories and too much booze for most people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

Just saying - they don't always put a full shot in the drinks so unless your drinking beer or wine you're probably not getting the equivalent of 15 drinks.

and wine pours are Princess pours, not at home pours ... at least until you get to know the staff in Vines .. 🍷🥃🍸🏁

36 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Everyone is addressing the feasibility of having 15 drinks not the issue of what was advertised and paid for, unlimited  drinks. 

It has been many years since the drink package was unlimited. It changed to a 15 drink limit many moons ago. The OP is barking up the wrong tree

• Like 1

Again, this article was a reprint from maybe a year ago? 

And, I sort of do agree with the writer. She bought under one promotion, and was told it will be another one. So I can understand her being upset. Not really sure I'd make a federal case out of it if it were me, but I can understand her being upset.

5 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Again, this article was a reprint from maybe a year ago? 

And, I sort of do agree with the writer. She bought under one promotion, and was told it will be another one. So I can understand her being upset. Not really sure I'd make a federal case out of it if it were me, but I can understand her being upset.

People should also realize that the contract you sign allows Princess to change rules etc

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Why not just have a 15 drink package like the coffee one?

Good idea.......

Never had a drink package... and would not buy one...  generally by wine by the bottle and it can go with us......

Cheers Don 

Edited by getting older slowly