Did Anyone See NCL's August Update???

ipeeinthepool

Devil's advocate, being NCL has already said NO sailings until October 31st, isn't that enough? Now if you get to late September/first week of October and no announcements that will be different.

Wouldn't it be redundant to repeat what is already established-October 31st. Nothing new to report.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adam_s_allen said:

Yup and the people that have already paid for November cruises. Do you buy airfare or not at this time.

Given that it has been leaked (and discussed here on CC) that NCL is putting all their ships into "cool" layup right now, we can safely conclude that the company does not expect to operate any of those ships for many months. Therefore, it would seem unwise to buy airfare now for any NCL cruise this year, and perhaps not for any cruise until summer 2021.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Devil's advocate, being NCL has already said NO sailings until October 31st, isn't that enough? Now if you get to late September/first week of October and no announcements that will be different.

Wouldn't it be redundant to repeat what is already established-October 31st. Nothing new to report.

If NCL already promised to provide an update at the end of each month, then no matter whether there is any new decision to report, they still need to make an announcement. I don't think this is redundant.

Agree that no news is good news, then why not just make a simple announcement "We do not have any updates this month. We remain positive to restart our cruises in November".

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

If NCL already promised to provide an update at the end of each month, ...

Promised? NCL and promised in the same sentence? Really? Are you sure? 

It is so unlikely that NCL, nor any NA cruise line (within NA waters) will cruise any time soon is so unbelievable that not even the most innocent of cruiser would believe such a statement is sadly unrealistic.  

NCL and many other cruise lines who sail out of NA ports, are dreaming/speculating in a most extreme fashion, that they will cruise soon.  

I so wish this dream were possible.  

Best wishes to all but please be realistic in your dreams of sailing soon... 😊

Cheers 🥂 🤭

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Promised? NCL and promised in the same sentence? Really? Are you sure? 

It is so unlikely that NCL, nor any NA cruise line (within NA waters) will cruise any time soon is so unbelievable that not even the most innocent of cruiser would believe such a statement is sadly unrealistic.  

NCL and many other cruise lines who sail out of NA ports, are dreaming/speculating in a most extreme fashion, that they will cruise soon.  

I so wish this dream were possible.  

Best wishes to all but please be realistic in your dreams of sailing soon... 😊

Cheers 🥂 🤭

Thank you and I admit that you are right. I checked NCL's press release and their original statement is "we plan to provide an update at the end of each month regarding the status of voyage suspensions, including any potential extensions." That means NCL "does not plan to" have any update at the end of August. lol

I do not have any bookings in the coming 12 months. No matter they have any announcements or not, it does not affect me. But the numerous repetitive threads on CruiseCritic / facebook groups / other forums about "Where is NCL's announcement?" are annoying.

Hence I just think it is not necessary for NCL to use the wordings "at the end of each month". They can just use "we plan to provide an update regularly". Then those passengers on upcoming November sailings will not keep asking on 31st August.

3 hours ago, 98420934 said:

Given that it has been leaked (and discussed here on CC) that NCL is putting all their ships into "cool" layup right now, we can safely conclude that the company does not expect to operate any of those ships for many months. Therefore, it would seem unwise to buy airfare now for any NCL cruise this year, and perhaps not for any cruise until summer 2021.

Last Time Underway

Gem 06SEP20 Aruba AW

Bliss 27AUG20 Goteborg SE

Breakaway 18JUL20 Marseille FR

Encore 27AUG20 Goteborg SE

Epic 03SEP20 Civitavecchia IT

Escape 05SEP20 Port Klang MY

Getaway 25MAY20 Marseille FR

Jade 25AUG20 Napoli IT

Jewel 20AUG20 Ensenada MX

Joy Underway to Singapore SG

Pearl 04AUG20 Bullenbay CW

Pride of America 08JUL20 Honolulu US

Spirit Underway to Siracusa IT

Star 01SEP20 Southampton GB

Sky 30AUG20 Willemstad CW

Sun 02SEP20 Aruba AW

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 98420934 said:

it only takes 10 days to three weeks to bring a ship back on line from cool layup.  It is merely a business decision that is saving them $1,000,000 a month per ship.  Speculation by the naysayers aside, it merely seems like nothing more than a wise business decision.  They may or may not sail until who knows when, but the vast majority of your post is hypothesis, conjecture, and assumptions with a little "the sky is falling" thrown in for good measure..

Edited by MoCruiseFan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 98420934 said:

Well, it was clear from the very start that they are not going to operate this year. Unfortunately, they will have to keep with their initial schedule and most likely resume the operation somewhere in the February. I really hope they wont sell or destroy some of their ships 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

it only takes 10 days to three weeks to bring a ship back on line from cool layup.  It is merely a business decision that is saving them $1,000,000 a month per ship.  Speculation by the naysayers aside, it merely seems like nothing more than a wise business decision.

I would be so pleased if this were the case. If the process were indeed this simplistic, then this decision would have been taken months ago.

My previous post was, intentionally, somewhat vague. If or when more information is made public, I might be in a position to provide more detail.

22 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

They may or may not sail until who knows when, but the vast majority of your post is hypothesis, conjecture, and assumptions with a little "the sky is falling" thrown in for good measure..

Someone who doesn't agree with the conclusions which can be drawn from the information provided in the article linked in my post above is more than welcome to form his or her own view.

Again, for anyone who is contemplating purchasing airfare now, I recommend that you read the article and make your own decision accordingly 🙂  

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:05 PM, adam_s_allen said:

Yup and the people that have already paid for November cruises. Do you buy airfare or not at this time.

If you waited this late to get your flights booked for a November cruise then you are paying too much.

35 minutes ago, 98420934 said:

Someone who doesn't agree with the conclusions which can be drawn from the information provided in the article linked in my post above is more than welcome to form his or her own view.

One can drawn whatever conclusions one chooses (its called an opinion), we all know what those are worth.  Based on data listed on many reputable sites, bringing a ship out of this co called cold storage takes about 2-3 weeks.

5 hours ago, 98420934 said:

I would be so pleased if this were the case. If the process were indeed this simplistic, then this decision would have been taken months ago.

My previous post was, intentionally, somewhat vague. If or when more information is made public, I might be in a position to provide more detail.

Again, for anyone who is contemplating purchasing airfare now, I recommend that you read the article and make your own decision accordingly 🙂  

Seems you have first hand knowledge on getting ships ready and will be interesting when you can elaborate. Chengkp75 has already stated many times 4-6 weeks to get ships staffed and sea worthy.

• Like 1