Cruise ships back at sea already

SpainAlien

14 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23461-here-are-the-cruise-ships-back-in-service.html

Quite an impressive list of ships really, in addition Royal Caribbean are back to giving away cruises on MyVegas for January 2021 so they must be fairly confident.  Surely NCL won't be far away

Actually not an impressive list at all. What, 19 ships?  Only a handful can be compared to any NCL ship, and very limited at that. This is really just a toe in the water.  Mainstream cruising is a long way off.....

But, it’s nice to dream. 

• Like 6

I got used to see like 10-15 ships being stationed somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It looks weird to me knowing that the crews on board and just doing pretty much nothing waiting for a high command. Cant wait when the life will come to normal and all these ships will sail to their points of destination 

• Like 2

With the majority of that list sailing in Europe you can be sure there’ll be news coverage quickly if any outbreaks happen. There was already and outbreak in a ship in Norway, and there’s been passengers refused embarkation and return to the ship in Italy . The embarkation was a result of rapid testing while the port of call refusal was because the guests didn’t follow in-port guidelines.

6 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Believe that if you want.  Prepare to be disappointed.

It’s being reported on other boards that crew members for several major cruise lines have been given notice to report for work at the end of the September to begin cruising in November. Also, Riviera Maya News reported that 6 cruise lines are also in talks with the Mexican government to begin cruises in November. They said that they are ready to accept cruise ships.

I know that this doesn’t mean that cruising is indeed beginning in November, but it does seem like more and more things are aligning to make it happen sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5

On 9/6/2020 at 7:19 PM, eileeshb said:

With the majority of that list sailing in Europe you can be sure there’ll be news coverage quickly if any outbreaks happen. There was already and outbreak in a ship in Norway, and there’s been passengers refused embarkation and return to the ship in Italy . The embarkation was a result of rapid testing while the port of call refusal was because the guests didn’t follow in-port guidelines.

Here issome news from Europe.  Not encouraging....

https://news.yahoo.com/second-wave-europe-edge-cases-122000032.html

On 9/6/2020 at 7:37 PM, Tapi said:

It’s being reported on other boards that crew members for several major cruise lines have been given notice to report for work at the end of the September to begin cruising in November. Also, Riviera Maya News reported that 6 cruise lines are also in talks with the Mexican government to begin cruises in November. They said that they are ready to accept cruise ships.

I know that this doesn’t mean that cruising is indeed beginning in November, but it does seem like more and more things are aligning to make it happen sooner rather than later. 

I’d sail tomorrow..let’s get it on..

• Like 3

I actually find these things somewhat promising. The embarkation refusal was unfortunate but the testing caught it, which was a good thing. And the MSC thing in Naples was guest stupidity and again, the system worked as it should— they didn’t follow the rules and were booted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 3

On 9/7/2020 at 12:37 AM, Tapi said:

......but it does seem like more and more things are aligning to make it happen sooner rather than later. 

I'd say you got that the wrong way round, and it should have read 'later rather than sooner'......but each to their own view! 😉

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I'd say you got that the wrong way round, and it should have read 'later rather than sooner'......but each to their own view! 😉

Well in europe at least . things are heating up for more ships to launch in the next few months. 

1ldk7c.jpg

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 2

Not for us citizens because we cant behave ourselves long enough for this to pass . trimone. 

And one of our three promising vaccine trials put on hold today; and the US recently decided not to participate in global vaccine development, thereby decreasing our chances of success.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1