Earlier Tulip Cruise Dates in 2021

ural guy

Hello-  Last year we were scheduled on the first Tulip cruise of the season with Vantage, boarding 29 March.

In 2021, Vantage's first cruise boards 20 March.  I'm not sure if other lines are also trying to add another sailing in next season, I only mention this as you may not see a lot of flowers if it is a hard winter.

You don't visit Keukenhof until the second to last day of cruise, so that gives the ground longer to warm up, and the inside displays and early flowers will be going, just not at their best.  Keukenhof is open from 20 March to 9 May in 2021.  I think you would miss all the little flower displays in the cities and towns you visit though.  They really brighten up the mood when your strolling through town.

Just a thought if you want to see flowers at their peak, typically the last 2 weeks of April are the best.  I was able to visit independently in 2019, and Keukenhof is pretty amazing, even more so if you can swing it to get there right when the gates open.  If you stay post-cruise and want to revisit, buses leave from the backside of the AMS central train station and go directly to the gardens, a combo bus/Keukenhof tickets was 25 Euro then.  Or stay in Leiden, a very nice town/city with it's own Botanical Garden from the 1550's; it's only a 15 minute train ride from Schipol Airport.  You're away from the bustle of Amsterdam, and you still have canals, museums, cobblestones, cafes, cheaper lodging (you can stay in a 20 room hotel that was an Army barracks at one time, built into the town gates, for about 120E for a really nice, unique room)...good times. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have done Keukenhoff twice-in 2009 and 2019; we were there each time right about April 15th which is hailed as the best time.  However, we did learn that the flowers are all triple-planted so whenever you can get there during the short season it will be a delightful experience and you will enjoy viewing your photos over and over again.  To be in Amsterdam in the Spring is to include a visit to this fabulous place!

Valerie