Return flight home (FLL) question

nhtravels

We have a cruise booked leaving out of Miami and I have a boatload (yup, I just did that!) of Southwest points that I'm hoping to use, which means flying into (and returning) FLL.

Ā 

What time is typically "safe" for a return flight? Ā Our cruise gets back on a Sunday, if that makes a difference.

Ā 

Thanks in advance!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If you look deep into the board, you will find dozens of threads on the topic, all pre-covid. Nobody has recent experience, which has some relevancy.

Ā 

The generalĀ time is no flight before 11 or 11:30. But keep in mind we don't know how busy Port Everglades will be...in the pre covid days there could be 20+ thousand people getting off ships and going to the Ft Lauderdale airport. Probably won't be happening in the near future.

Ā 

Transport may be more limited when you sail. There used to be a number of options...depending on when you sail, some of those options may not have returned.

Ā 

So, I wouldn't be overly aggressive trying to get an early flight. It might work, it might not.

• Like 1

Noon would be fine. I would NEVER recommend booking a flight this early, but one time (getting off theĀ MSC Divina in Miami) we were off the ship so early,Ā that we were able to standby on an 8:30am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 6:56 AM, delaware32 said:

Just an FYI . As of November Southwest will also be flying in and out of MIA in addition to FLL . We'll probablyĀ decide which one once a hotel decision is made . We're on the February 2022 Bliss Miami to Los Angeles .

Wow, great news.I did not know that. Thank youšŸ˜ƒ

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Luke gs Daddy said:

We made a 10 am flight from POM on SW.

You might have done that pre-virus, but my bet is that when (if?Ā šŸ¤”) cruising returns the post cruise screening will add a considerable amount of time to your schedule. Coming from POM I would not book a flight out of FLL before noon to be safe.