Picture-A-Week 2020 - Week 37

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, September 7 and Sunday, September 13.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

I never have photos for the weekly photo thread that starts Monday until the following weekend.  Well, usually never.  I got out for a brief walk in the wetlands today, and therefore actually have a few photos for this thread ready to go:

A green heron under the trees:

original.jpg

Closeup with a blue dragonfly:

original.jpg

A rare warbler I don't often see - the migratory birds are starting to pass through, and I lucked upon this worm-eating warbler (that's his name):

original.jpg

A white peacock butterfly on a purple flower backlit by the sun:

original.jpg

• Like 5

Some from a hike on Mt Rainier, each time think about bringing a camera, find the iPhone, more than good enough, especially this much  vertical,  LOL

4FC1EE20-F3F4-4BBA-AEA1-5E2A145E0560.jpeg

9A3C0345-0A30-419F-BD54-99BA9546698E.jpeg

3C486A04-F915-4E17-9BA4-F5D9B22BB7D9.jpeg

D7DD5817-92B0-4F59-9863-5E81CED72BED.jpeg

68409593-DF2B-46C0-9641-B1D2FBE09D36.jpeg

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 4

Last week, we noticed a few tatters in our flag and a new one was ordered. They normally last about 4 - 6 months in the strong afternoon breeze that is normal for our area. I don't know if the brutal 114° weekend temperatures plus the breeze stepping up to a wind contributed to the rapid decline but as of Monday, Old Glory was seriously tattered. On Wednesday afternoon, the smoke from the semi-local fires and our brave but battered flag made me run for the camera. With the 19th anniversary of 9/11 a couple days away, a record fire season and anarchy now the favorite pastime of the uninformed and uninformable, this shot reminds me that though America is taking a few hits from those who hate all, it remains by far the single greatest place on earth.

Dystopia, 2020

p3978760796-5.jpg

I know I usually wait until the week is over, but the chances of a better PAW are pretty slim for me.

Dave

• Like 6

On 9/9/2020 at 7:27 PM, pierces said:

Last week, we noticed a few tatters in our flag and a new one was ordered. They normally last about 4 - 6 months in the strong afternoon breeze that is normal for our area. I don't know if the brutal 114° weekend temperatures plus the breeze stepping up to a wind contributed to the rapid decline but as of Monday, Old Glory was seriously tattered. On Wednesday afternoon, the smoke from the semi-local fires and our brave but battered flag made me run for the camera. With the 19th anniversary of 9/11 a couple days away, a record fire season and anarchy now the favorite pastime of the uninformed and uninformable, this shot reminds me that though America is taking a few hits from those who hate all, it remains by far the single greatest place on earth.

Dystopia, 2020

p3978760796-5.jpg

I know I usually wait until the week is over, but the chances of a better PAW are pretty slim for me.

Dave

This is frame-worthy and perfect for the year that's going on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...