OBC from canceled cruise

zitsky

Canceled cruise before final payment due.  Celebrity sent us email for the refund of deposit as credit.  Also sent credit for OBC. But TA says there is no OBC credit.  Who is right?

Edited by zitsky

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Canceled cruise before final payment due.  Celebrity sent us email for the refund of deposit as credit.  Also sent credit for OBC. But TA says there is no OBC credit.  Who is right?

Our May cruise was cancelled and we receive 125% in Cruise Planner Credits for the cash we spent to reserve excursions above the Celebrity OBC we used.

41 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Need more information.  If it was OBC from Celebrity as part of your booking the OBC would not be refunded.  If you paid for drink packages etc in addition to your deposit then you would get a refund.  OBC from your TA usually is not credited until after final.payment.

Cannot imagine you would be refunded something you did not pay.

I'm not sure that I understand the OBC issue. First, where did the OBC come from? Was it given to you by Celebrity, given to you by the TA, given to you by a family member or friend, or did you purchase it yourself? In the first two cases, as you cancelled the cruise,  there would be no OBC refund. On the other hand, if you, a friend or a family member purchased it, then a refund is due. In the latter case, the TA wouldn't even know about the OBC to begin with, but Celebrity would, so go with what Celebrity says.

For me --- when I received a FCC -   The email included the FCC.   Possibly go back to your e-mail and see if it is there.    It is simply a 1 pager that shows the credit for each passenger and a corresponding FCC Number for each.