Why won’t Regent cancel November 2020 cruises?

mmcguir

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5608/

Interesting optimism; ready to sail in 30 days from a CDC "green light" ................ but sailing from where to where, I wonder?

Agree with you this is  TOTAL FANTASY !!

From a Brits point of view we will be lucky not to back in total lockdown in 30 days........ international travel is off the agenda

Boris today talked about restrictions for the next 6 months.... and he is usually an optimist ! Wrong but positive.

At present there is no chance this side of the pond, talked to a  friend on zoom last night from Guernsey,  Channel Islands, they basically cannot go off the Island and nobody is coming in. Only flights are a medical one to Southampton for the mainland hospital and the Mail

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Amazing to you. To the people making them it might be amazing that people are not.

I have decided to let the financial markets determine the fate of who survives as a company or not.  I have enough FCC to loose to potentially donate any more. 

• Like 1

Just received our cruise cancellation email from our TA this afternoon.

Jan 15th Honolulu to Papeete.

We had already jumped the gun and cancelled on the Thursday of last week . We hadn’t received any acknowledgment prior to Regent sending the cancellation so I am hoping they play nicely and we get our deposit back. 
@GrJ Berkshire agree completely with your post. 

12 minutes ago, Foggyzx9r said:

Jan 15th Honolulu to Papeete.

We had already jumped the gun and cancelled on the Thursday of last week . We hadn’t received any acknowledgment prior to Regent sending the cancellation so I am hoping they play nicely and we get our deposit back. 
@GrJ Berkshire agree completely with your post. 

Interesting that you got a cancellation for that sailing as it is not even waitlisted on USA website.  Maybe it was because you are British but that doesn't make sense?

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1

I am surprised they cancelled so early.  As Paul Gauguin is sailing in French Polynesia now, I thought this might be one cruise that might happen.   I have a cruise booked for Feb 9 out of Papeete.  I guess I should be waiting my call.... 😕

35 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Interesting that you got a cancellation for that sailing as it is not even waitlisted on USA website.

The cruise is still listed as available on the UK website also.

49 minutes ago, Foggyzx9r said:

Presumably the email from your TA is the confirmation of the cancellation made by you.. What does the email say about your deposit?

SEVEN SEAS CRUISES S. DE R.L. - BEST BEACHES OF BORA BORA
SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR | 14 January 2021 | 22 Days

We were very sorry to learn that your cruise operator has found it necessary to cancel your cruise. Due to the continuous and unpredictable changes in travel restrictions and port closures in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) your cruise operator felt this was the best decision for the health and safety of all.

Your cruise operator is in the process of refunding you directly the monies you have paid within the next 10 weeks.

We hope that we can be of assistance in helping you find a suitable alternative cruise in the future and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Yours sincerely

CRUISE ADMIN

However checking RSSC as mrlevin has pointed out it is still live. Could be my TA has made a booboo. I agree flossie they have taken the email from RSSC and incorrectly stated the whole cruise is cancelled. Ah well back on the phone to the TA tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, Foggyzx9r said:

Ah well back on the phone to the TA tomorrow.

................. or maybe just sit tight with the written assurance of a refund that you have!

25 minutes ago, Foggyzx9r said:

Your cruise operator is in the process of refunding you directly the monies you have paid within the next 10 weeks.

What did your TA say about your deposit before you cancelled?

2 hours ago, Foggyzx9r said:

SEVEN SEAS CRUISES S. DE R.L. - BEST BEACHES OF BORA BORA
SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR | 14 January 2021 | 22 Days

We were very sorry to learn that your cruise operator has found it necessary to cancel your cruise. Due to the continuous and unpredictable changes in travel restrictions and port closures in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) your cruise operator felt this was the best decision for the health and safety of all.

We hope that we can be of assistance in helping you find a suitable alternative cruise in the future and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Yours sincerely

CRUISE ADMIN

However checking RSSC as mrlevin has pointed out it is still live. Could be my TA has made a booboo. I agree flossie they have taken the email from RSSC and incorrectly stated the whole cruise is cancelled. Ah well back on the phone to the TA tomorrow. 

In the note that you received above, it refers to a January 14 cruise.   The actual Navigator cruise according to the RSSC website says the cruise starts on Jan 15 and is 15 days.  As a result,  not sure that is your cruise....

4 hours ago, tert333 said:

In the note that you received above, it refers to a January 14 cruise.   The actual Navigator cruise according to the RSSC website says the cruise starts on Jan 15 and is 15 days.  As a result,  not sure that is your cruise....

Well spotted. The 14th includes our date of travel from the UK to Honolulu.

14 hours ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Agree with you this is  TOTAL FANTASY !!

At present there is no chance this side of the pond, talked to a  friend on zoom last night from Guernsey,  Channel Islands, they basically cannot go off the Island and nobody is coming in. Only flights are a medical one to Southampton for the mainland hospital and the Mail

I couldn’t agree more. 

We had been Covid free for over 130 days, we now have 3 cases all come in on Sou flights. We do have an excellent track and trace system so as long as there is no community seeding of the disease we hope that it’s OK. Some people have been fined £3000 or even up to £10000 for breaking self isolation rules. 

Mind you I would rather get cabin fever on a Regent ship than on the island !

7 hours ago, flossie009 said:

................. or maybe just sit tight with the written assurance of a refund that you have!

What did your TA say about your deposit before you cancelled?

She was going to speak to Regent on our behalf. As we didn’t expect to get our deposit back, I am not overly concerned if Regent deny payment as under the Terms they are within their rights to do so.

The TA I spoke didn’t offer an opinion other than they would speak to Regent and do their best.

I am pretty sure the email is an error and yes it is confirmation of our cancellation and not the whole cruise cancelled.

I will find out this morning.

6 minutes ago, Foggyzx9r said:

She was going to speak to Regent on our behalf. As we didn’t expect to get our deposit back, I am not overly concerned if Regent deny payment as under the Terms they are within their rights to do so.

The TA I spoke didn’t offer an opinion other than they would speak to Regent and do their best.

If Regent does not offer a refund they might be willing to convert your deposit to a FCC. Worth asking.

23 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

If Regent does not offer a refund they might be willing to convert your deposit to a FCC. Worth asking.

Hi flossie, yes the wife and I talked about the possibility of converting the deposit to an FCC. When we looked at the forthcoming cruise so far released to 2022, sadly with the exception of one cruise none of them appealed. The one exception SF to Papeete would cost an additional £4-£5000, that would be in a concierge cabin and not a penthouse as we had booked. In addition the original planned cruise was intended to celebrate some very special dates in our lives with my wife’s 60th amongst the trip.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:25 AM, mrlevin said:

The five remaining December cruises that had not been waitlisted were finally waitlisted this morning. 

I asked the question of wait listing for December cruises to our travel agent.  Her response was that cruises may be showing as wait listed because the ships are sailing with less passengers and that they may be at capacity.  We'll see.

3 minutes ago, fudgbug said:

I asked the question of wait listing for December cruises to our travel agent.  Her response was that cruises may be showing as wait listed because the ships are sailing with less passengers and that they may be at capacity.  We'll see.

All five of remaining December cruises went waitlist at the same time; I guess it is possible they all reached capacity . . .

Edited by mrlevin

2 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I'd find a new TA; all five of remaining December cruises went waitlist at the same time.  

I know that they all went wait list at the same time which is why I asked the question.  At this point, it's whatever!  What's waiting for one more refund! 🙂 🙂