Silversea Moon TransAtlantic?

larry1365

I was on this cruise and have cancelled - I have little optimism that it will even sail, and I wouldn't want to risk being on a ship from Europe that might not be able to disembark her passengers in the US, or the passengers being unable to travel home on commercial flights, as happened earlier in the year. 

14 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Let’s hope this is true!  If it is true, our March TA may happen after all.

WebPage.pdf 178.92 kB · 19 downloads

I saw that article as well.  If it proves out, that will be good news, but as always, I think we will need to wait and see before anything of substance happens.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:54 PM, TRIPACIAN said:

Let’s hope this is true!  If it is true, our March TA may happen after all.

WebPage.pdf 178.92 kB · 34 downloads

The numbers in that article claiming COVID-19 is "in the rear view mirror" are just factually incorrect. It claims "the latest reported weekly death count (August 29) was 370." The death count in the US has only been that low on a single day a few Mondays recently (Mondays are low because many agencies do not report results for Sundays); the death toll on August 29 alone was 1,007, and the count for the week ended August 29 was 7,435 -- or 20 times higher than the article claims. (My figures are from this simple interactive Google chart.) I hate when people put out misinformation, especially touting their academic or scientific credentials!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reviewing the data on Johns Hopkins' corona virus web site and the Google data referenced by @cruiseej, I must agree with @A Tucson Guy  the report that promised what we all wish was true is apparently just more fake news.  The data does indicate that US deaths have dropped relative to those in Spring, but the fatalities are not ending in any sense of the word.  Using the JHopkins data, about 10,000 Americans died of COVID-19 between Aug 30 and Sep 11.  So sad.

I do think we can attribute the reduced death rate to our excellent doctors and nurses as they have learned how to better care for us under inordinate pressure here & around the world, as well as (I think) work from the pharmaceutical companies.

This false hope reminds me of the expression "Beware, that light you think is the end of the tunnel may be the light of an oncoming train." 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

My TA just called Silversea, today they canceled the crossing, also (obviously) FLL-LIM, our LIM-FLL would be the next cruise, ours still is showing but 100% chance of canceling. BOOO--HISS

Just to be specific, you mean the 8th Nov 2020 BCN to FLL. It’s still showing on the website as of 5 mins ago.

7 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Not sure why, but it always takes at least a day or more for the website to be updated once SS has informed booked guests of a cancellation.

Agreed, however we are still booked on it and have had no information from SS about cancellation or otherwise. At the very least I would expect a call, and if it has happened outside of UK office hours then an email to ensure I am informed by SS and not the internet, again!

37 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Agreed, however we are still booked on it and have had no information from SS about cancellation or otherwise. At the very least I would expect a call, and if it has happened outside of UK office hours then an email to ensure I am informed by SS and not the internet, again!

I’m booked too and nothing yet either.  But then our ta is not swiftest. 

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Chas, this TA is going to be cancelled, guaranteed.  SS is merely waiting on the CDC to give them guidance on next steps.

My indecision is wether to take the cash or the FCC if the cruise days can be retained on rebooking because we are nearing the 2 free weeks mark. Unless the new owners renege on that too. 

12 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

My indecision is wether to take the cash or the FCC if the cruise days can be retained on rebooking because we are nearing the 2 free weeks mark. Unless the new owners renege on that too. 

After the continuing enhancements of their current promo’s I cannot see any reason other than to take the cash.

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Barbara Muckermann has stated on the SS FB group today that it’s in the process of being cancelled, whatever that means.

If she said it’s in process, then it’s definitely going to be cancelled.

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Chas, you are due a 125% FCC + the Venetian Society days.  I wouldn’t accept anything less.

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

After the continuing enhancements of their current promo’s I cannot see any reason other than to take the cash.

As long as they honor the previous terms for prior bookings, then I could see why one would take the extra Venetian Society days + 25% extra in a FCC.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1