Silversea Moon TransAtlantic?

larry1365

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

just got the Moon cancellation message from TA. 15% off if used before the end of this month or 110% FCC or cash back.

Very interesting on many fronts.  I assume you can use the 15% on any voyage.  And, it would seem this would offer better consumer protection than a FCC.

32 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Very interesting on many fronts.  I assume you can use the 15% on any voyage.  And, it would seem this would offer better consumer protection than a FCC.

It does offer better protection as it’s a transfer of a booking, however the example I have seen, for a different voyage, was rather limited.

44 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Ugh!  Are you saying the 15% discount is limited to voyages selected by SS and not the full schedule?  If so, what is SS thinking?

This is what my email said.

I am writing to inform you that due to the current unprecedented circumstances Silversea has taken the difficult decision to cancel your client’s upcoming cruise on November 8th, 2020 aboard Silver Moon.

We cannot wait to welcome your clients onboard in the future, and are pleased to extend the following offers:

A.  15% savings on any new cruise date, when booking before 30 September 2020. This offer is combinable with any public fare. World Cruise excluded.

Please see the chart below where you can search for similar alternative departures to offer your clients.

B.   A Future Cruise Credit (FCC), valued at 110% of the total booking amount to be used to reserve a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied to more than one new booking.

Ship

Year

Date

Voyage

Nights

From

To

SubArea

Dawn

19-Nov-21

DA211119013

Lisbon

Ft. Lauderdale

North Atlantic Westbound

Spirit

28-Nov-21

SL211128011

Lisbon

Ft. Lauderdale

North Atlantic Westbound

Dawn

18-Mar-22

DA220318014

Ft. Lauderdale

Lisbon

Atlantic Eastbound

Venetian Society members, when transferring the booking to another voyage or selecting a Future Cruise Credit, will accumulate cruise days on the cancelled voyage as well as on the new voyage.

If your client prefers option (a), please contact us before 30 September 2020.

If your client prefers option (b) you do not need to contact us. On 1 October 2020, you will automatically receive your client’s FCC for 110% of the booking value via email.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, silkismom said:

What, no refund?

Refund is ALWAYS available.

Thanks Charles for the context.  Good to see the 15% applies to any voyage.  Join us and Dr. Ron & Rojann in Singapore for embarkation on Valentine’s Day 2022?  Amy says to tell Elaine it’ll be romantic. ❤️ We’ll disembark in Mumbai while they will continue on to Athens.

I booked this TA BARC -FL on  Moon last December direct with SS UK and have heard nothing about it being cancelled yet! Though I have been pretty confident it will be cancelled for some time as 1. Spain still has lots of 2nd wave Covid and 2. UK is starting  to catch up and in any case us Brits aren’t allowed to enter the US anyway and have been advised against US travel by UK govt so that means no insurance cover..... Wish SS could get their act together and let clients know. I shouldn’t need to search forums to get the info!

I’ve got another cruise on Muse booked out of Sydney, Australia in Feb 2021 and have just read that Muse has also been cancelled for winter season in OZ. Again heard nothing from SS... 

• Like 2

Noticed the revised website this morning (uk) and got my cancellation email midday time. Same as other posted. FYI S Sea uk confirms the 15% reduction option Applies to ANY future cruise except world cruise so the suggestions embedded in the email are just examples of similar alternatives but not restricted to those. Clearly seems to me that the 15% discount on a rebook is  a better option than taking the 110% FCC. Especially if the new booking is more expensive than the old one. Also SSea agreed to roll over my onboard credits that were already applied to my cancelled booking.

9 minutes ago, Gastroinn said:

...SSea agreed to roll over my onboard credits that were already applied to my cancelled booking.

That’s good to know.  

On our new booking, we lost the 5% on board booking discount from the original booking, but gained a $1K OBC.  When we board, I will be interested to see if we get our AMEX OBC since the original cruise had been paid in full with that credit card.

I would think you should Get your Amex OBC moved over like I did (but mine was a SSea one not an  Amex one but similar) but do speak to Amex and insist Amex travel get SSea to confirm it will.

In my experience you ALWAYS have to ask. SSea rarely do anything voluntarily if they can avoid it, but they traditionally will if pressured. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Refund is ALWAYS available.

Thanks Charles for the context.  Good to see the 15% applies to any voyage.  Join us and Dr. Ron & Rojann in Singapore for embarkation on Valentine’s Day 2022?  Amy says to tell Elaine it’ll be romantic. ❤️ We’ll disembark in Mumbai while they will continue on to Athens.

we continue to have faith in SS and utilized our 15% to try to book the Dawn (13 days) trans-Atlantic 11-19-21. it is preceded , hopefully, by Whisper in Iceland (38) 7-14-21.  then Shadow (15) black sea 9-20-21.

thanks for the invite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2020 at 2:30 PM, zqtchas said:

This is what my email said.

I am writing to inform you that due to the current unprecedented circumstances Silversea has taken the difficult decision to cancel your client’s upcoming cruise on November 8th, 2020 aboard Silver Moon.

We cannot wait to welcome your clients onboard in the future, and are pleased to extend the following offers:

A.  15% savings on any new cruise date, when booking before 30 September 2020. This offer is combinable with any public fare. World Cruise excluded.

Please see the chart below where you can search for similar alternative departures to offer your clients.

B.   A Future Cruise Credit (FCC), valued at 110% of the total booking amount to be used to reserve a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied to more than one new booking.

Ship

Year

Date

Voyage

Nights

From

To

SubArea

Dawn

19-Nov-21

DA211119013

Lisbon

Ft. Lauderdale

North Atlantic Westbound

Spirit

28-Nov-21

SL211128011

Lisbon

Ft. Lauderdale

North Atlantic Westbound

Dawn

18-Mar-22

DA220318014

Ft. Lauderdale

Lisbon

Atlantic Eastbound

Venetian Society members, when transferring the booking to another voyage or selecting a Future Cruise Credit, will accumulate cruise days on the cancelled voyage as well as on the new voyage.

If your client prefers option (a), please contact us before 30 September 2020.

If your client prefers option (b) you do not need to contact us. On 1 October 2020, you will automatically receive your client’s FCC for 110% of the booking value via email.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:30 PM, Stumblefoot said:

That’s good to know.  

On our new booking, we lost the 5% on board booking discount from the original booking, but gained a $1K OBC.  When we board, I will be interested to see if we get our AMEX OBC since the original cruise had been paid in full with that credit card.

Brian, Having trouble with our TA getting back in a timely manner re: getting a new cabin on the Dawn. 

Edited by zqtchas

3 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Crazy.  You'd think they'd be on top of it and ready to place new bookings by now.  It's all so easy, really.

Good Luck!

Am checking on Atlas. It looks interesting. But with another TA. 

Edited by zqtchas

On 9/23/2020 at 7:53 PM, zqtchas said:

we continue to have faith in SS and utilized our 15% to try to book the Dawn (13 days) trans-Atlantic 11-19-21. it is preceded , hopefully, by Whisper in Iceland (38) 7-14-21.  then Shadow (15) black sea 9-20-21.

thanks for the invite.

Hope to see you on the Shadow, Black Sea, next September.

Ref the Moon's transAtlantic Nov. 8 cancellation: I got the previously quoted email directly from my TA at 5:35 a.m. on Tuesday, Sep 22. The TA's email from SS only listed the two options: 15% savings on a future cruise if booked by Sep 30 and a FCC of 110% to reserve a cruise within 2 years.

No mention of a cash refund. However my TA was on top of it and she immediately sent my request to Silversea for a cash refund.

Still surprised there hasn't been any direct communication from SS. Also surprised the line waited so long to "pull the plug" on the crossing. Hopefully the refund will be sooner than the 90 days my TA said it could take.

Not going anyplace until I see what the cruise lines are going to do in their-day-to day operations, what countries will allow entry by US citizens, how excursions will be handled, what tourist locations will be open, etc. It's going to take a while folks.

Edited by larry1365
clarity of the future
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, Silver Spectre said:

So flights have gone, website updated, MySilversea updated to remove our voyage, but NO cancellation email. SS Marketing reaches an all time low!

My flights had gone a week or so ago but the November moon sailing still showing and do have the email saying its been cancelled a few days ago. In my.silversea, the replacement placeholders for 12 may and 16 August selection have been planted but apart from that I'm in the dark.

image.png.6783170ef8663410a55d105bc63ac851.png

Now what I'll feel aggrieved with would be if this "by the end of the month" was breached and we all missed out because things are being dealt with so slowly.

I've not heard any news in respect of the transfer option I'd selected for the Moon cancellation, but I have just received an email confirming that the 30th September cut off has been extended by 7 days (which is not to give more time - but because they can't cope with the backlog.)

Of course, what also concerns now, is the fact these cruises are all subject to the monthly change of offers and prices...... meaning potentially more outlay, particularly if the "offer" isn't accepted and a further alternative needed.

• 1 month later...

I was a bit melancholy yesterday as it was supposed to be embarkation day in Barcelona for many wonderful Cruise Critic members here to travel on Silver Moon's inaugural trans-Atlantic voyage.  And, while I was dreading today too since it would have been our Meet & Mingle event, I was heartened to learn of the positive Covid-19 vaccine news to lift my spirits.

To all who had signed up for our planned event, JollyJones, DrRon and Rojann, ZQTchas, Wellseasoned, ETUAL and MRSET, Itchtocruz, dougburns, Silver Spectre, IntermediateBridge, nowornever, WesW, bsugar, and Pavlus, here's to your good health and warm wishes that our paths may cross again someday on board one of Silversea's ships.

Champagne glasses heart picture | Two Champagne Glasses with abstract Heart  splash — Stock Photo © Subbotina #10686763

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I was a bit melancholy yesterday as it was supposed to be embarkation day in Barcelona for many wonderful Cruise Critic members here to travel on Silver Moon's inaugural trans-Atlantic voyage.  And, while I was dreading today too since it would have been our Meet & Mingle event, I was heartened to learn of the positive Covid-19 vaccine news to lift my spirits.

To all who had signed up for our planned event, JollyJones, DrRon and Rojann, ZQTchas, Wellseasoned, ETUAL and MRSET, Itchtocruz, dougburns, Silver Spectre, IntermediateBridge, nowornever, WesW, bsugar, and Pavlus, here's to your good health and warm wishes that our paths may cross again someday on board one of Silversea's ships.

Champagne glasses heart picture | Two Champagne Glasses with abstract Heart  splash — Stock Photo © Subbotina #10686763

Well said Stumblefoot. We feel the melancholia too.

By the way, does anyone know why this thread and no others that I can recall, always comes up with a stack of adverts on the right hand side on a IPad.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Thanks 1