What to do with luggage in Seward?

disneyochem

Good morning.  We will be finishing up a land tour in Seward before hopping on the NCL Jewel southbound next summer (2021).  We get transported to our Seward hotel (Windsong) from our wilderness lodge the night before embarkation.  I’d like to take the Real Alaska Tour the day of our cruise (Exit Glacier, Seavey’s) but am unclear about how to handle our luggage.  We will not have a car and the tour company doesn’t allow us to bring it with us nor will they store it for us.

Will NCL allow luggage drop off at 9 am?  Ship is schedule to leave at 9 pm.  I’ve called NCL but after many transfers to different folks, no one could answer my questions.  Windsong Lodge told me they would put luggage on a shuttle to get to the ship for us but we will have checked out—our luggage would be lone travelers to the ship while we’re off petting sled puppy dogs!

Thank you!  Minor detail I know, but it’s driving me crazy!

Yes,  luggage can be dropped at the ship at 9am.   Of course,  would need to be properly tagged.   bag drops by vendors is a common service available in Seward by several vendors.

A consideration for some-   Seavey's Sled dogs is certainly well enjoyed by many and visiting their kennels is very nicely organized.   But-  to have an Exit Glaicer inclusion-   is way better,  independent and being on the time YOU want and need.   There are many options and a couple very nice trails.   Sounds like you will only be doing the limited,  short trail with not the best views.   In the past,  Park Ranger programs were excellent.   

An alternative  would be to just use a transportation option going point to point and skip the meal.  Or enjoy a nice dinner the night prior,  again on your own schedule and full menu.  

28 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Yes,  luggage can be dropped at the ship at 9am.   Of course,  would need to be properly tagged.   bag drops by vendors is a common service available in Seward by several vendors.

A consideration for some-   Seavey's Sled dogs is certainly well enjoyed by many and visiting their kennels is very nicely organized.   But-  to have an Exit Glaicer inclusion-   is way better,  independent and being on the time YOU want and need.   There are many options and a couple very nice trails.   Sounds like you will only be doing the limited,  short trail with not the best views.   In the past,  Park Ranger programs were excellent.   

An alternative  would be to just use a transportation option going point to point and skip the meal.  Or enjoy a nice dinner the night prior,  again on your own schedule and full menu.  

Yes, after doing a lot more research, I think we will probably not do the Real Alaska Tour.  I was concerned about not having a car but getting around Seward to the different spots looks doable.  And hubby is not thrilled about the sled dogs....

My niece did a clinical rotation in Seward this past year—told me I was silly to limit ourselves to a tour!  

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.  Much appreciated.