Weeks to avoid cruising to Bermuda

Jim and Monika

We are planning on taking a cruise to Bermuda in July 2021. I know there are some big events that happen and draw a lot of people to the area. There is a yacht race, a cricket tournament, and some fishing events. I'm not sure when these events are scheduled to take place or if there are other events that would draw larger groups of people. Just looking for help and dates of any of these and other events.

Thank You

41 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

We are planning on taking a cruise to Bermuda in July 2021. I know there are some big events that happen and draw a lot of people to the area. There is a yacht race, a cricket tournament, and some fishing events. I'm not sure when these events are scheduled to take place or if there are other events that would draw larger groups of people. Just looking for help and dates of any of these and other events.

Thank You

The website bermuda-online.org has a page listing the dates of the major holidays: http://www.bermuda-online.org/pubhols.htm . In 2021 the two day cricket Cup Match is on July 29 -30.

I'm not aware of any fishing tournaments or yacht races that would cause any disruptions. You may be thinking about the America's Cup, which was contested in Bermuda in 2017, but that was a one-off event. The next America's Cup will be contested March 6 to 21 2021 in New Zealand.

I wouldn't worry about it. I was there on a cruise on 2017 when they hosted the Americas Cup, and really didn't think it was that much more crowded. It never entered into my thought process.

I personally would avoid the cup match holiday dates of July 29 -30. Stores will be closed and beaches will be packed. Public buses will be on a reduced schedule. People camp out on the beaches. It is a four day holiday weekend beginning on Thursday. Thursday and Friday are back to back Bermuda holidays. It is the big Bermuda holiday of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1