I'M CRUISING NOVEMBER 1ST, MAYBE???

tattoos

Yes, we are still in limbo.  As others have stated:  CCL is trying to sell spa, shore ex, drink pkgs etc for cruises that probably won't sail.  It does lesson my opinion of CCL. 

I've seen some hopeful information on other sites.  List of possible protocols suggest: 100% testing before boarding, face coverings, limited dining room seating, limited capacity in public areas, shore ex must be approved by cruise line, enhanced medical dept, quarantine plan & procedures & more that I cannot remember.

I will board the Pride with these regulations in place on Nov 1, if it sails, because we are pd in full & have hotels & flights booked.  But I will not be booking any other cruises until these restrictions are lifted.

Pride has been anchored off or docked at St Maarten for awhile now.  What does that mean?  Are they getting crews ready & quarantined?  Are they getting the ship stocked & ready for a Nov sailing?  Several ships are near or docked at Bahamas.  I just wish CCL would be more open about what they are trying to do.

Edited by Banditswife

I think your post pretty much sums up how most everyone feels about the regulations being discussed. Go on a cruise if you have non refundable deposits, FCC ot OBC to use up but not ever again until theses restrictions are over.

Cruising with these protocols is for addicts not someone wanting a fun vacation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Yes, we are still in limbo.  As others have stated:  CCL is trying to sell spa, shore ex, drink pkgs etc for cruises that probably won't sail.  It does lesson my opinion of CCL. 

So you think Carnival should shut down their entire website until they know 100% what's going to happen or be required? Even though there are many passengers who WANT to book their excursions,  drink packages, etc?

If covid wasn't around, Carnival would have cruise bookings open for up to two years in advance.  They wouldn't know about adverse weather, ship seaworthiness, political strife, etc. Yet they would still have bookings open. 

What's the difference? Have all the other cruise lines shut down all their bookings?

Edited by cruizergal70
  • Like 1

Called on my Nov 5 cruise out of San Diego. Carnival is going to follow the excursion guidelines as set forth by the CLIA. 

• Shore Excursions: Only permit shore excursions according to the cruise operators’ prescribed protocols, with strict adherence required of all passengers and denial of re-boarding for any passengers that do not comply.

We were hoping to rent a golf cart on Catalina to explore the island on our own, now stuck with Carnival's crappy excursions. Better than not cruising I guess!

Edited by jfaaborg
Grammar

It is not time to worry about the location of the ship today. There are more than 5 weeks until the first sailing. Most ships are where the "parking" is most economical. They might be doing maintenance on some ships, or modifications to enhance safety. The crew will be mustered at the last moment to save on salaries. There will be some required training of all crew to comply with health regulations and protocols. It will probably consist of one or more "all hands" meetings, followed by several days of department training. As for provisions, perishables will be delivered to the ship the morning of the embarkation. I feel jealous, as I had a cruise booked for October 31st that was cancelled. Missed it by this much >[     ]<

I am sure your cruise on the Pride will be a wonderful, comfortable, relaxing, and fun as ever cruise. 

7 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I just wish CCL would be more open about what they are trying to do.

6 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm guessing that they can't as they don't even know what they're going to do.  😞

Tom

Carnival wishes they could tell you more but sadly, they can't. The details change every day and not even they completely understand their action plan. Nobody wants cruising to return more than the cruise lines.

They are trying to be consistent with the information provided and control the amount you will see. They want it to be the same answer you will see everywhere. Carnival can only tell you what they are willing to tell you and they need to do what is best for the needs of the business. If that means sharing the next travel advisory, they will.

11 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Could be an announcement from CDC after the meeting Thursday

Unfortunately that (or any announcement or guidelines released by the CDC, et al) could be rewritten or reversed moments or days later.

We're in some real muddy times.

Tom

17 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Carnival isn’t doing anything differently than other cruise lines. I have received countless e-mails from RCI and Celebrity trying to sell stuff for cruises I have (or had) booked with these cruise lines. 

11 hours ago, Moviela said:

It is not time to worry about the location of the ship today. There are more than 5 weeks until the first sailing. Most ships are where the "parking" is most economical. They might be doing maintenance on some ships, or modifications to enhance safety. The crew will be mustered at the last moment to save on salaries. There will be some required training of all crew to comply with health regulations and protocols. It will probably consist of one or more "all hands" meetings, followed by several days of department training. As for provisions, perishables will be delivered to the ship the morning of the embarkation. I feel jealous, as I had a cruise booked for October 31st that was cancelled. Missed it by this much >[     ]<

I am sure your cruise on the Pride will be a wonderful, comfortable, relaxing, and fun as ever cruise. 

Not sure that the crew can realistically be brought in at the last moment. They will have to get visas, fly in, covid test, quarantine for 7-14, covid test again, and then the training can begin. So, think realistically that will take 3-4 weeks. So if they haven't started contacting crews about a return date soon, don't see how they could get that together for Nov 1....

18 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Not sure that the crew can realistically be brought in at the last moment. They will have to get visas, fly in, covid test, quarantine for 7-14, covid test again, and then the training can begin. So, think realistically that will take 3-4 weeks. So if they haven't started contacting crews about a return date soon, don't see how they could get that together for Nov 1....

the whole process of gathering the crew together sounds very complicated especially these days when there are some countries that still have their boarders locked and have their own strict limitations in the regard of Covid