Seven Seas Society "Nights Cruised" vs. "Reward Nights"

Jimmcdaniel

Does anyone know what the difference is between Seven Seas Society "Nights Cruised" versus "Reward Nights"? In my account these two number are not the same. I have one more reward night than cruised night. Just wondering what the difference is and which one they use to determine SSS status level. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

Does anyone know what the difference is between Seven Seas Society "Nights Cruised" versus "Reward Nights"? In my account these two number are not the same. I have one more reward night than cruised night. Just wondering what the difference is and which one they use to determine SSS status level. 

With a delta of just 1 night, I'd either 1) not worry (since levels are based on Reward Nights), or 2) call Regent (or ask your TA to call Regent) since, as mentioned earlier, the only explanation that gets mentioned about this was some sort of bonus which, I believe, was always 2:1.  So unless you found a 1 night cruise on Regent... 

Yes. One night doesn't mean much but I was wondering whether it might have to do with credits for cancelled cruises (which I still have a couple hanging out there) or if I am one night away from the next tier with a 14 day cruise should I book that 14 day cruise or find something that is 15 or 16 days. 

Edited by Jimmcdaniel

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Pam said:

I am showing 12 reward nights.  Even if it was for the cruise that got canceled, it should only be 7.  Oh well, I was barely gold and I won't make it past gold so it is what it is.

You get 1.5 nights per night for solo.

It would be remarkably helpful if there was some kind of statement issued along with the credit, to clarify their calculations.  Our SSS credits have increased in the last week, but it's unclear which cancelled cruise the credit refers to.  At this point, I believe it's for Lima-Auckland 2021, a leg of the WC, which was cancelled recently.  However, we also had a cruise cancelled in July 2020 for which we accepted FCC and those nights don't seem to have been added - yet?   A bit like calculating a cruise fare, there seems to be some smoke and mirrors involved in the process.

30 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

It was probably the July 2020 cruise as cruises cancelled 8/26 and later are no longer getting the extra nights.

Although the FCC faq page on Regent’s website has not been updated to reflect this apparent change in policy:

• WILL I LOSE LOYALTY BENEFITS ON CANCELLED VOYAGES?

No. On the suspended voyages, guests who have paid in full at the time Regent suspended the voyage and chose to take advantage of the Future Cruise Credit will receive full Seven Seas Society loyalty program night credit for the suspended voyage. This does not apply to guests who requested a refund.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

It was probably the July 2020 cruise as cruises cancelled 8/26 and later are no longer getting the extra nights.

That was my initial guess, @Pcardad  but the extra nights added to our account seem to tally more closely with the 34 night WC segment than with the 19 night North Atlantic cruise that was cancelled in July.  I hadn't made a note of the exact number of nights we had before we noticed that the extras had been added, which only adds to the confusion, though as we moved into the next tier during our last cruise, I have a pretty good idea.

18 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Although the FCC faq page on Regent’s website has not been updated to reflect this apparent change in policy:

I was under the impression that we were more likely to be rewarded with extra nights for the July cruise than for the January one too.   Why does something that seems so clear and straightforward turn out to be so vague and confusing!?   (no answer expected!)  I also understood that our accounts were not credited until the dates we would have sailed - ie. the WC cruise segment wouldn't appear until the date when we disembarked.

Maybe the answer is to simply say "thank you" for the generous addition to our SSS account and not to think too much about it.  

Edited by Gilly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

• WILL I LOSE LOYALTY BENEFITS ON CANCELLED VOYAGES?

No. On the suspended voyages, guests who have paid in full at the time Regent suspended the voyage and chose to take advantage of the Future Cruise Credit will receive full Seven Seas Society loyalty program night credit for the suspended voyage. This does not apply to guests who requested a refund.

I see it differently.....

WILL I LOSE LOYALTY BENEFITS ON CANCELLED VOYAGES?

On voyages that were suspended prior to August 26, 2020, guests will receive full Seven Seas Society loyalty program night credit for the suspended voyage if they were paid in full at the time Regent suspended the voyage and chose to take advantage of the Future Cruise Credit. This does not apply to guests who requested a refund. On voyages suspended August 26, 2020 or after, guests will not receive Seven Seas Society loyalty program night credit.

• Thanks 1

We initially received reward credits for one of our two segments of the cancelled 2020 World Cruise - then they disappeared. When we queried this with Regent we were advised:

• Regent Seven Seas  reward nights are granted only for voyages sailed. A systems error resulted in some Loyalty Credits being awarded for sailings cancelled due to the pause/suspension in cruise operations. This systems error has now been resolved and we regret any inconvenience this may have caused. 

We had taken the cash refund rather than the Future Cruise Credit.

46 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

It appears that the wording on the UK website has not been updated, which will not help @Gilly’s confusion

Indeed, which makes me even more inclined to simply accept what has been added and not give it any more thought!