Expectations for returned FCC?

Unlvswezel

Had a cruise booked for next March get cancelled as part of the ship sale. Part of the cruise had been paid for with cash and part paid with FCC. TA was able to transfer cash to a new booking, but the FCC was listed as active, but not immediately available. Its been this way for 7-8 weeks with no change. Its odd that $$ was able to be applied immediately, but the FCC stays in limbo. Anyone else experience something similar or have a suggestion to get some resolution? I'd like to get it resolved soon so i can take advantage of the early payment discount. 

Hopefully I am understanding your post correctly and assuming I am, we have FCC owed to us - haven’t seen it yet.  Our TA called and it is in the works (not sure if that is “active” or not).  She has asked HAL to escalate it and I was told we should have it in two weeks.

To put this in perspective for you.  Our cruise was in April.  We cancelled early March when Canada issued it’s warnings for travel.  So, you are not alone.

I am also waiting on FCC from two cruises.   One cruise was in June and we cancelled on March 19th.   I was told to be patient.  The other cruise was for September 2021 and was cancelled when the ship was sold.  I was told one month for that one.  I guess I need to be patient on that one as well.  

I agree - it makes no sense that the FCC should take so long (waiting for almost 60 days now) when the cash portion has been sent out.  Its just "paper" money, so no reason for them to hold it back.  We have been told by our PCC that it should be done within 90 days.

No FCC showing for me either. April cruise was cancelled in March, and nada. One person I spoke to said it was being refunded, but I didn't believe that. I sent an email asking about it and was told it could take 3-6 months. I'm not sure if that's from the cancellation date or the date of the email, which was early August. Sigh.