Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

Here’s some feedback on the latest about RCG 2021-2022 season.

Its not official but feed back from me and couple of other people.

3 emails to Michael Bayley asking why the coming season hasn’t been canceled like your competition.    No response .

RCA APAC Sydney.

We are working around the clock for the best for our customers and as soon a decision is made we will notify our customers.

Probably the best response was from one of the largest cruise agents in Australia .

Its a common belief the coming season won’t happen but RCG representatives said they are still planning for the coming season.

They don’t expect to be as planned and there will be major changes.
We wish to advise your final payments are not being asked for and to please wait for notification.

I think they are in fairy land.

mbayley@rccl.com

Edited by Chiliburn

18 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Now for RC to do the same, or are they helpfull something may change.

My agent said they are still planning Serenade and ovation for the coming season but it will be very different.

That was from the rep in Sydney.

I suppose short coastal cruises .

I think they are on drugs.

• Like 1

I can not see them sendng both ships down. As mentioned before Ovation on the West Coast, but with Navigator in the Indian / Pacific area now, they will need to release some new itinaries soon for advance booking.  The only ship I can forsee coming here is Serenade, for the short season, as she has a drydock in Singapore in March. 

13 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I can not see them sendng both ships down. As mentioned before Ovation on the West Coast, but with Navigator in the Indian / Pacific area now, they will need to release some new itinaries soon for advance booking.  The only ship I can forsee coming here is Serenade, for the short season, as she has a drydock in Singapore in March. 

I agree ,maybe Serenade after the new year doing short cruises.

At the moment we are vaccinating   2% of the population per week.

If that continues we will be at about 60% by the end of the year.

62% was the the minimum Gladys said we could open things up.

Maybe they will allow short cruises??

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I agree ,maybe Serenade after the new year doing short cruises.

At the moment we are vaccinating   2% of the population per week.

If that continues we will be at about 60% by the end of the year.

62% was the the minimum Gladys said we could open things up.

Maybe they will allow short cruises??

Any morsel will do.   Do you think it is too late to apply for the simulation cruise?

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I would, last time they would accept you celebrity loyalty number in the application.

https://cruisesimulationform.questionpro.com/?fbclid=IwAR07FvC__-yKmc5JTOmvu5rCuWFcR29g6sCItlhIm-Byph-FVihW8XG637Q

Too late closed.   Boo hoo.   Did you apply?    Thanks anyway.   Been watching people applying for Allure simulation and thought it would be fun regardless whether you were chosen as having to simulate being unvaccinated and had to isolate.   I am fully vaccinated.

5 hours ago, Rassa said:

Too late closed.   Boo hoo.   Did you apply?    Thanks anyway.   Been watching people applying for Allure simulation and thought it would be fun regardless whether you were chosen as having to simulate being unvaccinated and had to isolate.   I am fully vaccinated.

It will pop up again, I will look out for you.

Otherwise it’s a P&O cruise and they don’t like cats Rassa.

P&O social Demographics people like pit bull terrors, not nice.

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It will pop up again, I will look out for you.

Otherwise it’s a P&O cruise and they don’t like cats Rassa.

P&O social Demographics people like pit bull terrors, not nice.

Thanks Chili.

I haven't been on a P&O cruise for about 17 years.  I put a $1 deposit each on a cruise with the rest of the deposit to be paid by Christmas. I quite like the old Golden Princess, now Pacific Adventure.   I will see what happens at Christmas, whether I choose a cruise with the bull terrors or not.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 7:22 PM, Rassa said:

Thanks Chili.

I haven't been on a P&O cruise for about 17 years.  I put a $1 deposit each on a cruise with the rest of the deposit to be paid by Christmas. I quite like the old Golden Princess, now Pacific Adventure.   I will see what happens at Christmas, whether I choose a cruise with the bull terrors or not.

Here we go Rassa, I just got a email.

DC50F44F-C129-4C2A-B254-D7EE3F65F456.thumb.png.63845e21c2a54da59955c3f9a7b10c55.png

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Here we go Rassa, I just got a email.

Thanks Chili however the chances of getting one or two of the 7 would be very low, but when I tried to apply it was too late.   I guess you applied.

Hope you are all dealing with your long lockdown.  No 6 lockdown is a little hard but hopefully it only lasts a week.

43 minutes ago, M-H-B said:

Chili, I got that email too but then the terms and conditions state that it’s only open to residents of the US. Does yours say that too?

Maybe these cruises are only scheduled in the US so there wouldn't be much point in having people from other countries being allocated a cabin.

3 hours ago, Rassa said:

Thanks Chili however the chances of getting one or two of the 7 would be very low, but when I tried to apply it was too late.   I guess you applied.

Hope you are all dealing with your long lockdown.  No 6 lockdown is a little hard but hopefully it only lasts a week.

2 hours ago, M-H-B said:

Chili, I got that email too but then the terms and conditions state that it’s only open to residents of the US. Does yours say that too?

The link says it will open on the 8th.

I did just noticed US residents but mine was from RC apac.

You have to be in it to win it and you don’t have to be a C&A member.

https://volunteersoftheseas.questionpro.com

I also got the email and when I went into link it is only for the following ships, so it only for US citizens.

• Mariner of the Seas - August 11th (2 Nights) from Port Canaveral, FL
  • Oasis of the Seas - August 22nd (6 Nights) from Bayonne, NJ
  • Liberty of the Seas - September 18th (4 Nights) from Galveston, TX

Maybe one day we will geta volunteer cruise here 🙂

Cheers

Tanya

Next Question

58 minutes ago, stki said:

I also got the email and when I went into link it is only for the following ships, so it only for US citizens.

• Mariner of the Seas - August 11th (2 Nights) from Port Canaveral, FL
  • Oasis of the Seas - August 22nd (6 Nights) from Bayonne, NJ
  • Liberty of the Seas - September 18th (4 Nights) from Galveston, TX

Maybe one day we will geta volunteer cruise here 🙂

Cheers

Tanya

Next Question

True it will happen here ,we just have to be in it to win it.

My agent,(the one that offers cruises in Melbourne )says that if you go for the 120% cruise credit it will be processed  before September 3.

Royal Caribbean has a freeze on deposits for new bookings and won’t want a deposit before September 17.

So if you want to book something it won’t cost you.

I just booked a couple of cruises for next year.

Booking online with my agent they changed my credit card $100 deposit for each person, which I didn’t expect.

I quickly got a refund and a email, because I have a Cruise credit pending the deposit has been waived and will be taken out of the credit.

Prices are pretty scary, I booked a junior suite on Ovation for 4 nights in the start of February for $1500 each.

Grand suite was $2500 each for the 3 days,4nights to Eden.

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I just booked a couple of cruises for next year.

Booking online with my agent they changed my credit card $100 deposit for each person, which I didn’t expect.

I quickly got a refund and a email, because I have a Cruise credit pending the deposit has been waived and will be taken out of the credit.

Prices are pretty scary, I booked a junior suite on Ovation for 4 nights in the start of February for $1500 each.

Grand suite was $2500 each for the 3 days,4nights to Eden.

Top dollar there Chilli. I will have to nip down the highway to Eden to see the ship.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Top dollar there Chilli. I will have to nip down the highway to Eden to see the ship.

Certainly is uncle Les,

I believe the ship is at a reduced capacity and that is probably the reason.

Theres a lot of cruises to Eden 3-4 nights .

I think if anything happens early next year ,they are the type of cruises are likely .