9-10-20 Thursday Weigh-In...What A Crazy World Now...But We Can Still Lose Weight

Belle

Sounds like you all had a busy weekend. Hard work and fun times.

Now the week begins........All/everything that's not good is still going on in the world.

Wish we could wake up and everything would be back to normal. Wishful thinking.

Do you get so tired of what's going on? So many area's in our world, life just not right.

Least here we're trying to be normal and get on with our weight loss even with it

being so hard at this time in 2020.  Only thing we can control...but sometimes it

controls us. But we can beat it and lose.  We're in this together!  So proud of you

who do your exercise everyday.

It's Monday..weekend over...if ate to much...get back on track and get it off by Thursday.

I think our group has done good with losing and not gaining much during the last six months.

You hear others talking about how much they have gained. We're Done Good!:classic_smile:

I have been reading about the fires and watching a lot about it on tv and I am so sorry for everyone that is having to go through that ... I can't imagine .... Lets hope that it stops pretty quickly.  What a "sucky" year this has been for all.

Met with my trainer today and worked out (in an empty garage) ... and talked ... she is the only non-family person that I come into contact with (not close contact though)..... I seem to be talking much more to her than normal .... I miss not conversing with people. 

We didn't do much outdoor work at my son's the other day, but it was nice to talk to them.  We came back home and spent about 5 hours removing fencing ... I did a lot of shoveling as the posts were down a few feet ... It was quite the workout.

I spent today looking at cruises .... I have Italy on my bucket list (life is getting short) .... been looking at Viking (expensive), but this would be a once in a lifetime .... looking at June, 2023 ... I so want to go to Tuscany!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Jan

On 9/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, bigrednole said:

I know I will never get up to my daughter's level. She is somewhere around 27 minutes on 5k. I am about 50 minutes. No running for me. If I am running, turn around and start because something is chasing me.

Congrats to your daughter on her sub-30 5K, great time.  50 minutes for a walking 5K is good too 🙂 

I miss running (wasn't very fast, but lapped the people on the couch 😉 ) but I don't think my back and hips can take it anymore.  Trying to get back to walking at least - did about 40 minutes this morning.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:52 PM, melmar02 said:

Hello! 

I've been busy with a detailed wedding cake for today. About half my couples just want a "naked" cake (like my profile picture), and since I don't really have to ice them, they are really quick. This one was all iced, had a tier that was painted gold, edible lace, and lots of fondant flowers - very time consuming. But, we managed to stay OK eating wise which is good. Usually a busy work week for me means lots of take out. No exercise this week though. Fall is the busy wedding season in North Texas, so I need to start up again - I did really good there for a few weeks - and then keep the habit going.

Hope you all in CA get a break soon! 

Belle and Jo - Nice job!

My husband would probably love the "naked" cake - he isn't a big icing person.  I on the other hand usually pick corner pieces on traditional cake 🙂 

The fires are heartbreaking 💔 

Hope everyone is well this week.  Super busy here - will try to pop in again tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Diana - Good luck with your fall garden - hopefully you get some relief soon. We always talk about planting a fall garden, but we always seem to wait until it's too late. 

Belle - I do so much better at the beginning of the week. I sometimes feel like I get stuck in the "I'll start on Monday" mentality, and I blow it by the end of the week. I've been trying to stay off social media except for work, but it's hard when there is nothing else to do!

Ombud - Thank you. I'm sure you burned off any extra calories chasing your grand kids. 😉

Jan - Italy is on our bucket list too. DH wants to do a land vacation where we tour old castles in Europe as well. Glad you could meet with your trainer.

DD turns 12 this coming Monday. DH is taking the day off... now we just have to figure out how to celebrate and make it special.

Nice to read people are exercising and staying focused on health. 

Our air quality is unhealthy today and tomorrow but will only be "poor" Thursday and Friday, we've had a little wind and ocean air flow so that has helped and temps 85-90 which helps too. We finally saw the sun the today. Still can't spend a lot of time outside but will don my N95 mask and work outside a little, at least plant some seeds and trim roses.

We had to buy tomatoes today ☹️, my plants have nothing (and I have tons of them). No sun for 2 weeks makes for very unhappy tomatoes. Hopefully they perk up for a late fall harvest.

Jan, hubby and I love Italy. The food especially. I hope you get to go soon. 

Take care, stay safe everyone, Diana