Your Advice Please....................

rabin1

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Thanks again for all the great suggestions. I am thinking of Aruba as well. I also go there all the time. I just have to look up some all inclusive resorts. Although I have a very favorite restaurant there I would have to leave one day to go to..........lol

Oe thing thou I live in Ft.Lauderdale and our postivity rate is not 13%. Broward (Port Everglades) is down to 4% something and the state is down to 5.6%. So anyone that wants come on down we are safe.

Have a wonderful safe day.

Kathy

The positivity rate in Florida is 13.5 %.  Go to Florida DEpt of Health and scroll down to Covid dashboard.  It is updated daily.

2 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Oe thing thou I live in Ft.Lauderdale and our postivity rate is not 13%. Broward (Port Everglades) is down to 4% something and the state is down to 5.6%. So anyone that wants come on down we are safe.

13 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

The positivity rate in Florida is 13.5 %.  Go to Florida DEpt of Health and scroll down to Covid dashboard.  It is updated daily.

In my post #20 I made a mistake in the citation for the Florida rate (I duplicated the citation for the Mexico rate).  The 13.6% rate for Florida was from Johns Hopkins University daily update:  https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview

Edited by capriccio

5 minutes ago, capriccio said:

In my post #20 I made a mistake in the citation for the Florida rate (I duplicated the citation for the Mexico rate).  The 13.6% rate  for Florida was from Johns Hopkins University daily update:  https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview

Posting on CC is like taking a leap of faith and usually does not pan out. As I said earlier I don;t like to cause i sometimes get upset with people hijacking the topic. This is now twice, Please I am asking you with all due respect to stick to my question in my first post..

Also for those who think they know more than me living here in Ft. Lauderdale. Here are the REAL facts for Florida not from a company or hospital out of state. 

FLORIDA: 652,148 confirmed cases

• One-Day Increase: 2,056
  • Total Florida Deaths: 12,269
  • Newly Reported Deaths: 202 *(Reported in last 24 hours)
  • Resident Hospitalizations: 40,517
  • Total Tests: 4,838,264
  • Negative Test Results: 4,179,100
  • 14-Day Average Positivity Rate: 5.4

Thank you

Kathy

Edited by rabin1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

•  
10 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Posting on CC is like taking a leap of faith and usually does not pan out. As I said earlier I don;t like to cause i sometimes get upset with people hijacking the topic. This is now twice, Please I am asking you with all due respect to stick to my question in my first post..

Wow!  My post #20 which I was correcting wasn't even in response to you!  I was responding to Postech's post #19 (which you later agreed with) and realized I had cited the wrong source. BTW you might want to look at my location.  I too have a vested interest in conquering this virus and reopening the economy in South Florida.  Feel free to scold me again!

On 9/10/2020 at 11:36 AM, richsea said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll see any of the mainstream line start sailing until at least next summer, or maybe even next fall. Perhaps, if by some miracle, they come up with a vaccine, they may sail earlier. I wouldn’t plan on any away time until things ahve changed drastically. 😕😕

I can understand that you're part of the ultra conservative crowd that doesn't think anything  is going to happen for the next 9-12 months, but have you read what is currently going on and what is possibly lined up in the near future?  MSC is currently sailing in Europe, while Costa will be starting up soon.  Here is a link to an article about Carnival possibly starting up in November with 6 ships out of Miami and Port Canaveral.  https://cruiseradio.net/these-five-carnival-ships-are-scheduled-for-november-cruises/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cruiseandblog%2FhXuX+(Cruise+Radio)

56 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I can understand that you're part of the ultra conservative crowd that doesn't think anything  is going to happen for the next 9-12 months, but have you read what is currently going on and what is possibly lined up in the near future?  MSC is currently sailing in Europe, while Costa will be starting up soon.  Here is a link to an article about Carnival possibly starting up in November with 6 ships out of Miami and Port Canaveral.  https://cruiseradio.net/these-five-carnival-ships-are-scheduled-for-november-cruises/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cruiseandblog%2FhXuX+(Cruise+Radio)

Don’t want to get yelled at for being off topic, but thanks for calling me conservative. Not too many do these days, lol. I know lots can happen, & that some lines are cautiously starting up. I do think it’s a shame that the CDC has chosen to basically ignore the cruise industry . Rabin1 asked for advice, & I gave my thoughts. I really hope I’m wrong, & that we start cruising much sooner. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, richsea said:

Don’t want to get yelled at for being off topic, but thanks for calling me conservative. Not too many do these days, lol. I know lots can happen, & that some lines are cautiously starting up. I do think it’s a shame that the CDC has chosen to basically ignore the cruise industry . Rabin1 asked for advice, & I gave my thoughts. I really hope I’m wrong, & that we start cruising much sooner. 

There are no private threads on Cruise Critic.  Once you ask a question, everyone is free to answer as they see fit [within limits – and since OP mentioned not liking Mexico and later discussed Covid rates, the 'cone' [as they say with hurricane forecasts] is already fairly wide here].

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There are no private threads on Cruise Critic.  Once you ask a question, everyone is free to answer as they see fit [within limits – and since OP mentioned not liking Mexico and later discussed Covid rates, the 'cone' [as they say with hurricane forecasts] is already fairly wide here].

Thank you for explaining this.

Theo

Have you thought of seeing your own state?  One summer when I was a child our summer vacation was seeing the NYC sites.  We lived in the city, so the cost of day trip was small.

Florida has a lot to offer.  What about a resort in Florida.  Maybe  Margaritaville, if you are a Parrot Head?  Or another resort.  Key West is a great place.  No air fare, and most hotels let you cancel a week or so before, if you don't go.

https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/things-to-do/arts-history.html

https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/travel-ideas/florida-day-trips-ideas.html

Edited by geocruiser
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 12:28 PM, rabin1 said:

Hi

I need your advice.

I am booked on the Panama Canal Cruise December 20, 2020 from LA down the Mexican coast thru the Canal and back to FTL.  I know our ports here in South Florida are not open yet but I think the Mexican ports are.. I don;t think LA port is open yet.

I am bored out of mind and want to do something over the holidays.  Yes I know I live in Ft. Lauderdale and will be where a lot of people wish to be.............lol  Our % of virus is way down to less than 5%. I predict if after 14 days if there is not a spike after the Labor Day holiday weekend we will move into phase 2.

I want to plan a trip somewhere over the holidays once I decide what to do about this cruise. Our final payment is not until Oct 21. I want to start to look at places to go like maybe the Caribbean or even Mexico as much as I hate Mexico but don;t want to waste my time looking. Thought I might look for a resort all inclusive where i don;t have to go anywhere but relax. I asked my cruise planner at Princess and she has no idea and I asked her if it was selling and she said a little.

Here is my question.

Do you think based on where the cruise is going do you think it will go? I am not asking if you think cruises will go by my travel date. I am asking based on where the cruise is going do you think it will go?

Thank you in advance for your kindness and advice

Kathy

Hi Kathy,
We are booked on this same cruise. 
Assuming it’s not going to sail, I also looked at different types of vacations, places etc 
Husband Is adamant we are staying home this year 😢

Which is probably a smart idea.......

I haven’t cancelled the cruise......waiting for Princess to cancel.