Delta first/business class?

39august

On 9/11/2020 at 4:53 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Of course, that would require a dual jet-bridge arrangement to utilize two doors on the aircraft.  

Is a pre-departure beverage THAT important?  (And yes, that used to be a big conversation point on FT).

Some aircraft are boarded from the second door and the first class cabin is largely free of passing traffic.   The venerable 757 as well as the A321 on American were usually boarded from the second door if memory serves me correctly. 

I have no idea if drinks are still served preflight on American as I haven't been on a flight since January.

13 hours ago, SelectSys said:

Some aircraft are boarded from the second door and the first class cabin is largely free of passing traffic.   The venerable 757 as well as the A321 on American were usually boarded from the second door if memory serves me correctly. 

I have no idea if drinks are still served preflight on American as I haven't been on a flight since January.

Actually on American at most stations, their 757 was boarded from the forward door. I know that all of the DFW flights were that way. That is why they added the two seats at the second door that weren't there originally. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am not sure of any A321s that are boarded from the second door as it is too close to the engine and also the door is being replaced on the A321LR and XLR by window exits. 

22 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Of course, you do know that most hotels are franchisees.

Of course I know this.

One thing you should do it bring that to the attention of the brand owner. 

I did.  No response from corporate whatsoever.  Since my preferred hotel brands were not available at that location, I chose this hotel on the basis of its listing in a AAA Tourbook.  (It's rating was the best of what was available at that location at that time.)  AAA was informed and they did respond to my letter.  I do not know what their inspector's re-evaluation of the property was.  (And, I assume such was done.  That was what AAA's response was.)    

Of course, you do know that most hotels are franchisees.

Of course I know this.

One thing you should do it bring that to the attention of the brand owner. 

I did.  No response from corporate whatsoever.  Since my preferred hotel brands were not available at that location, I chose this hotel on the basis of its listing in a AAA Tourbook.  (It's rating was the best of what was available at that location at that time.)  AAA was informed and they did respond to my letter.  I do not know what their inspector's re-evaluation of the property was.  (And, I assume such was done.  That was what AAA's response was.)    

2 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

Actually on American at most stations, their 757 was boarded from the forward door. I know that all of the DFW flights were that way. That is why they added the two seats at the second door that weren't there originally. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am not sure of any A321s that are boarded from the second door as it is too close to the engine and also the door is being replaced on the A321LR and XLR by window exits. 

That is fine.  I just remember boarding the 757 from time to time that way.  Most of my flights to/from DFW were on 737s and before that MD80s.   

My main point was that I have seen domestic flights on airlines board from the second door which would allow service to 1st class without too much interference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 6:09 PM, rkacruiser said:

It's not relevant to the length of the flight.  Such service in First Class is unacceptable to me regardless of the length of the flight.  What's the advantage to a domestic First Class ticket?

Priority boarding so that one can sit in a wider seat with more leg room with your mask on for a longer period of time before take-off.

Better opportunity for space in the overhead bins for luggage.

First off the plane just as one was first on the plane.

Oh yes, I cannot forget that special Sky Priority Tag on my luggage so that my luggage would be among the first available at baggage claim.  (What about my experience where my so tagged bag did not appear?  And was missing for 24+ hours.  That bag "earned" more frequent flyer miles than I did on that itinerary when it was returned.  Vancouver-Salt Lake City-Minneapolis-Detroit-Dayton on a flight that should have been Vancouver-Minneapolis-Dayton.  The Sky Priority tag surely made a difference?)

Then, there was the very early morning wake-up call from the bag's delivery driver to inform me that my bag was sitting on my front porch when it did reach DAY.  Yep.  That's First Class service.  I THINK NOT!  

Domestic first class with few exceptions is a joke..... better to go prem economy or economy +    

On 9/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Domestic first class with few exceptions is a joke..... better to go prem economy or economy +    

When there's only a few $$'s difference....I don't think it's a joke.

The usual min. domestic flight I do though is about a 5 hour flight.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Oh my.  First of all, rarely if ever will one find a choice between domestic first and premium economy.  PE is a class generally not offered on domestic flights.   So the choice would more likely be between first and economy+.  For that choice, it would depend on the length of flight and the fare difference for each person to determine if first is worth it.  That said, if it's at all possible to book first, I would certainly do it, and have many times.  Bigger seat, more legroom, only 2 seats together rather than 3 so easier to get up and move about when necessary, actual meal service rather than a snack box (covid service restrictions notwithstanding), and more generous baggage allowance to name a few reasons.

• Like 3