Cruise Critic Community
LauraS

Please take our quick poll on a possible Cruise Critic feature!

Would you be interested in a new type of "special, live cruise event" here on Cruise Critic?  

1,177 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a "live" Cruise line Presentation that educates you, our member, on the core principles of a brand, destination /itinerary details featuring new itineraries and special offers on upcoming sailings for a specific cruise line.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you consider registering via email to attend the event if you know that the line would email you after the event with a special offer or gift?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What sort of information would you, the member, want to hear about. What would make you want to attend.

• Cruise Line Info
    • Info on new builds, drydock refurbs, etc.
    • Destination and Itinerary Info
    • Policies and practices on board
    • Deals, specials, bonuses, etc.
    • Other...Use Reply to Topic button.

We'd like to determine your level of interest relative to what you’d like to see from a “Cruise night” style presentation BY THE CRUISE LINE and moderated by Cruise Critic.  This would be coupled with an opportunity to register to attend our live event,  or just register to receive a valuable offer from the line (Upgrade or OBC, etc.) and watch the presentation at their leisure on our site.

Please take the poll!

Would likely watch a replay of the live event. Unless had opportunity for small group interactive format (or breakout room), that I might do live. 

Said "no" to email because lines I am interested in already have my email. 

I have said I would like information on  Deals, specials, bonuses, etc.

However  many Deals, specials, bonuses, etc.  that are offered in the US/CAN

or not available in the UK or we receive a watered down version.

If booking through a TA  I could see there might be a difference but  even

when booking direct  we seem to miss out on a lot.

Example Princess latest  "Upgrade fare offer"  which for a  fee you can get

Drinks package wifi and gratuities include for £35 per person per day.

£35 equates to ~USD44.50 pp pd     whereas  I believe this option in the

US is US$42 pp pd     why?

17 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

By "Live" I am assuming you mean virtual and not local and in person.

Yes, Liz, we mean a live virtual scenario on the site....

I am interested in hearing about everything I can. I would also like to hear about how (or if) the cruise lines (especially RCCL) intend to improve their loyalty programs vs taking amenities and perks away from its loyal cruisers. It seems as though whenever I reach a new tier, a lot of the former perks have been taken away! We are not wealthy, so would rather cruise more often in non-suites vs once every other year in a suite. Thank you for listening!

If there is a representative from the cruise line present on the call, I like to hear what might be considered inside information, rather than a sales pitch or information about future cruise destinations.  Example questions I'd like to see asked are questions like, "What are the plans for getting the cruise staff back on the ships?"  "Will they be picked up by ship at a central location in the Philippines or elsewhere, or will they be flown directly to the location of the next departure?"  "When will the crew re-staffing begin or is it already underway?"  I'd like to hear that from Carnival as the parent company of their brands, and also Royal Caribbean as the parent company of their brands.

The idea is "brand awareness", to attempt to intro cruisers to cruise lines they might not have thought about!  Plus, these would be VIDEO (rather than calls). 

Laura

I would only be interested if it was an "interactive" event, with the opportunity to ask question's of the cruise line.  If it's just another sales pitch, I would not be interested, as that type of information I already get from the cruise lines as well as right here on Cruise Critic's...

I am with the above looking to view live (virtual) events. DCL has put a few shows on YouTube. If something like that could be done while viewers can chat at the same time, that would be great. 

If they're looking for questions how about "When will Viking Ocean allow travel agents to decide how much commission they choose to pass on to customers?"  Subject to the agent's regular participation in the line's familiarization and sales presentation guidelines, etc?

Why isn't Viking Ocean's policy limit an independent agent's decision to share a commission considered restraint of trade?

Plans to expand small excursions groups. I'd do more ship excursions if they limited groups to under 12

I would only be interested if unusual destinations and smaller ports are featured.  So I would have no interest in the big mass market cruises.

I have no interest in big mass market cruises  - or attending anything about cruising until ships can sail again.

I would appreciate updates on upcoming cruises, especially during these difficult times.