World Cruise 2023

briar14

Wonderful Marc; Arlene, you/us only have about 28 months to go.  Know you have taken safari's before; so do you plan of taking advantage of the 1 night Safari Regent (Leopard Mtn Safari) is offering?

Ida changed her view on visiting Africa in last few months   Now, she can't wait to visit this continent due to daily walks/Africa talks with our friend/my Personal Trainer who served in Africa (military and civilian).  The WC included event, Moonlights and Moonscapes in Namibia gets so many rave reviews, look forward to this included WC event. 

Due to Covid, I spent four days anchored at Capetown and one day at Capetown dock this March without being able to get off Silversea Silver Cloud until the South African government let only the passengers off to go directly to the airport.  So, happy we have an overnight in Capetown on this WC.

You're very welcome Marcie.  Tom and your Voyager WC enthusiastic and informative posts put the WC voyage as a marker for us.

If Ladys Mom, Wendy, Alidor others book a segment or two/three we look forward to seeing you on board.

I'm definitely booking this one.  For me, it's a "dream" itinerary.  I'll be on the 2022 WC so there's some overlap (some overlap with the 2020 WC, too), but there are enough "new"  (to me, anyway) ports to make it worthwhile.  I'm going to check to see if there's a way to get from Barcelona back to the US via a ship, -- or perhaps see what the Mariner is up to after the WCers disembark.  If it's doing a Mediterranean cruise, I might just be interested in staying onboard for that.  Lots of time to figure that out.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

• Like 2

As far as booking shore excursions go do the same rules apply when booking a World Cruise ie can concierge level and above book their excursions further in advance? Or if you are doing the full cruise can you book any earlier?

Love the itinerary!

World Cruise has still not been announced beyond link in email.  No press release; no mention on home page; and no listing in cruise list.  If they are truly open for bookings as of Wednesday, it would seem (from past introductions of world cruises) that Regent would be touting this trip.  

The brochure never mentions a date for booking availability; it says to contact Regent or TA as if bookings were currently available; could Regent be delaying the date for bookings?

1 minute ago, mrlevin said:

World Cruise has still not been announced beyond link in email.  No press release; no mention on home page; and no listing in cruise list.  If they are truly open for bookings as of Wednesday, it would seem (from past introductions of world cruises) that Regent would be touting this trip.  

The brochure never mentions a date for booking availability; it says to contact Regent or TA as if bookings were currently available; could Regent be delaying the date for bookings?

My email said it would be open for bookings on September 23.  When I called my cruise planner guy at Regent, he said it was open for booking for prior guests with priority given to prior World Cruise guests.  So they may be delaying a more general announcement until the 23rd.  Just a guess ...

Lana in Bellingham, WA

14 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Marcie, I got the email; just curious as to why no mention on website.

Lana, as you were on 2020 world cruise, have you been able to book 2023 already or do you have to wait until 23rd?

Marc

I'm booking directly through Regent -- and Michael said he could start the process prior to the 23rd.  Right now, I'm just waiting to see which of my 3 "preferred" cabins are available, so I think they're actually taking deposits now.  

Lana

7 minutes ago, BBWC said:

According to our TA, they are processing the 2021 world cruisers early next week, and then opening to others on the 23rd. Apparently, Regent already has a long waitlist of people waiting to book.

Thanks for the feedback.  We will join the waitlist as I am sure there will not be any Cat H showers left.  At least it means I don't have to pay deposit and buy insurance now.  We will sit on the waitlist for at least a few months before deciding whether we want to pay for a higher category.

Marc

Despite what I said earlier, DH likes the itinerary well enough to put down a deposit now. He said we can just hang around in The EU until the Queen Mary  ll heads across the pond or maybe Regent will have something that will work.

We got an email with some offers about a week ago because we are past WCers. We gave our TA a list of cabin choices so we will hope for the best.

DH does not think the HAL WC in 2022 will go at least in a fashion we like to cruise....we will see on that one....I really like the itinerary and will do that cruise if possible. He likes the Regent Cruise even more even with having to get back to the US on our own. He also thinks we have a better chance of things being normal too.

We have decided that we are too old, life is too short and nothing is guaranteed for us to stop enjoy living. We are careful yes, but will  not put our life on hold any longer. 

longer. We are headed out with the RV for a camping trip and our TA is dealing with Regent to hopefully get us a suite we want by the 23rd. 

Hope we all strike gold on Wed.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, alidor said:

People who were on the 2021 world cruise had the whole week to say if they wanted the same cabin for 2023 and the new world cruise was booked for them.   No prices out yet, though.

We got prices last week.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Do you know amount of SSS and onboard booking discounts?

No, just the basic fare pp for the suite type and a range for the other savings. The TA doesn’t know yet about her discount either, but it was really good in the 2022 HAL WC and should be at least as good or better for Regent in our  past experience. We will have a full suite on HAL but go steerage on Regent. We are going for the Regent cruise regardless as my HD says the discounts are only a rounding error when it is all said and done. I say you can’t take it with you so we are basicly in the same page! 😁

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Do you know amount of SSS and onboard booking discounts?

Don’t know the one for 2023, but for comparison SSS discount for 2022 WC was $1500 for a G, and prior WC discount was the same amount.

Fingers crossed for Arlene and you Marc.

Our TA was able to snag us a good mid ship G suite (ten suites from our fav spiral staircase) am surprised this was available with those folks (SSS Titanium's and fellow Plats ahead of us, and those 2021 WCrs who decided to book this WC).

On 9/20/2020 at 11:26 AM, ArtsyCraftsy said:

I'm booking directly through Regent -- and Michael said he could start the process prior to the 23rd.  Right now, I'm just waiting to see which of my 3 "preferred" cabins are available, so I think they're actually taking deposits now.  

Lana

You do know you are leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table booking direct with Regent?  Plus the service of great TA's who most certainly will do more for your than a Regent employee should issues occur.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rallydave said:

You do know you are leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table booking direct with Regent?  Plus the service of great TA's who most certainly will do more for your than a Regent employee should issues occur.

Artsy - Rally Dave is absolutely right!  With the many, many cruises you are booking with Regent (along with the considerable amount of money you are investing in your cruising adventures), you would be saving a huge amount of money (in the form of returned cash rebates to you - we're talking about many thousands of dollars in your case), by booking your Regent travel arrangements through a well qualified and professional Travel Agent.  I'm sure if you reached out to RallyDave or WesW by email (their respective links are at the bottom of their posts), they would be most happy to recommend an extremely competent and reliable TA to you.  Just something to think about.  😉  Best Regards.

Edited by pingpong1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

Yes!  The rebate for our lowly G on the 2021 WC was $7,700, %7.5 of the base fare.