World Cruise 2023

briar14

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-tr-cru-regent-seven-seas-world-cruise-record-20200924-ksgz6xs7qzciljwxkwpty5evzy-story.html

Regent Seven Seas reported some good news amid the continuing shutdown from the coronavirus pandemic: a record booking day for its planned 2023 world cruise.

The line said its Deluxe Veranda Suites and all of its Penthouse Suites sold out almost instantly.

2 hours ago, greykitty said:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-tr-cru-regent-seven-seas-world-cruise-record-20200924-ksgz6xs7qzciljwxkwpty5evzy-story.html

Regent Seven Seas reported some good news amid the continuing shutdown from the coronavirus pandemic: a record booking day for its planned 2023 world cruise.

The line said its Deluxe Veranda Suites and all of its Penthouse Suites sold out almost instantly.

I was just about to post about this good news for Regent.  You beat me to the punch!

Congrats to everyone who was able to snag their preferred suite already.  Long way off, so for those on the waitlist, I would not loose hope.

• Like 3

According to a TA website that shows available cabins, there are only 36 suites left (F, E and D), so it appears basically 90 percent sold. The remaining cabins are mostly non-shower or under La Veranda.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

Anybody here has been to South Africa? I am trying to figure out which African overland tour on this 2023 itinerary we should book select.

Until pricing comes out hard to say; generally I would go for the ones with the most game drives.  I would think the four night at Jock might be the best; but, you might be able to put something together better on your own.

25 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

Anybody here has been to South Africa? I am trying to figure out which African overland tour on this 2023 itinerary we should book select.

Strongly suggest you get a group together from the roll call and do a private tour.  Did a World Cruise several years ago and we did just that and it was less than 1//2 the inflated prices the cruise lines charge  and any times better.  We went to one of the Shamwari Parks outside Port Elizabeth  We did it completely on our own departing the ship a few days before Cape Town, flew to Port Elizabeth, did the park for 3 nites with 6 full game drives.  Nice small group of 6 couples, had the park to ourselves.  Price was less than 1/3 of the cruise line price for 2 nites and after talking to people on the cruise line trip, significantly better and many more anials and game drives.  They were only able to do 3 game drives.  We made sure our flight to Cape Town got in the day before the ships departure to avoid flight issues   A wonderful excursion.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hi Lana

I deal directly with Regent. Check everything out and give deposit for our cruise.I notify Regent the name of my travel agency.  Within a few days, I phone my travel agent and have her pickup the cruise. Additionally, I have her inform Regent that I am allowed to discuss details, except financial and changes and cancellations, with Regent. 
It works wonderfully well. When my docs are sent to us by our agent, we also receive our rebate check, which can amount to $1,000 plus. 
easy..Peasy!
sheila

I’m posting this in response to Sheila’s post but it’s really in response to everyone who encouraged me to at least try using a TA.

You were right. With some help, I found a TA and transferred my booking to her today.  I’m getting a very generous rebate and I can still contact my guy at Regent as long as it isn’t related to $$$ or changes to the schedule (as Sheila mentioned above).  My Regent guy still gets credit for the initial booking, and everyone seems happy, including me.

so thanks again for your encouragement.  I think this will be the ”new way” I’ll be dealing with cruises in the future.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

• Like 9

8 hours ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

I’m posting this in response to Sheila’s post but it’s really in response to everyone who encouraged me to at least try using a TA.

You were right. With some help, I found a TA and transferred my booking to her today.  I’m getting a very generous rebate and I can still contact my guy at Regent as long as it isn’t related to $$$ or changes to the schedule (as Sheila mentioned above).  My Regent guy still gets credit for the initial booking, and everyone seems happy, including me.

so thanks again for your encouragement.  I think this will be the ”new way” I’ll be dealing with cruises in the future.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

Lana - A big "thumbs up" to you!  👍  Keep cruising and "having fun".  We're very much looking forward to meeting you in Dec '21 on our Mariner cruise through the Panama Canal.  Best Regards.

20 hours ago, Floridiana said:

I have some very dear friends who own Makweti safari lodge. It is the ultimate in luxury in SA. I believe they only take 10-12 people at a time. The family run business is outstanding!

13 hours ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

Lana in Bellingham, WA

Hi Lana

I hope you enjoy all your cruises. Enjoy the extra cash also. 
Be well!

sheila

14 hours ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

You were right. With some help, I found a TA and transferred my booking to her today.  I’m getting a very generous rebate and I can still contact my guy at Regent as long as it isn’t related to $$$ or changes to the schedule...

That's great news, Lana.  Good for you!

For those who are looking for a world class Safari would suggest &Beyond. They have some very nice properties and will arrange small private planes to move you to save time. Also their lodges have their own airstrips so no time wasted driving to and from. Since we are three they chartered a small plane for us to go from point A to B thus maximizing our safari experience.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, rallydave said:

Strongly suggest you get a group together from the roll call and do a private tour.  Did a World Cruise several years ago and we did just that and it was less than 1//2 the inflated prices the cruise lines charge  and any times better. 

We have a private safari tour scheduled for India in 2022 (rescheduled from the cancelled 2020 WC) and we are wondering if this whole “you can only travel with a ship-arranged tour” thing will be over by then. We feel pretty good about cruising being back by then but wonder about what restrictions we might be looking at. 

8 hours ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

We have a private safari tour scheduled for India in 2022 (rescheduled from the cancelled 2020 WC) and we are wondering if this whole “you can only travel with a ship-arranged tour” thing will be over by then. We feel pretty good about cruising being back by then but wonder about what restrictions we might be looking at. 

Nobody can really answer this 2.5 years out from the cruise?

However I think the ability to wander off on your own in ports will be very restricted till there is a vaccine, as without it and a vaccination certificate many ports will not let you in. 

• 4 months later...

This being our first world cruise, I had a question about shore excursions. How does Regent book them for a voyage this long. Do we sign up for all of them at once on the first day they are available--12 months out I would assume? Or does Regent release them by segments?

2 hours ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

This being our first world cruise, I had a question about shore excursions. How does Regent book them for a voyage this long. Do we sign up for all of them at once on the first day they are available--12 months out I would assume? Or does Regent release them by segments?

We are booked on Regent 2022 World Cruise.  When we went to sign up for shore excursions, 12 months to the day, we signed up all at once.  That being said, it looked several tries because Regent's computer system leaves much to be desired.  Also some ports had very few choices, so I expect more will be added before sailing or once we are aboard the ship.  Here's hoping!!!

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Somewhat overwhelmed with all the safari options out of Maputo; which safaris has everyone else chosen and how did you make your selection?

thanks,

Marc

We went with the Kruger and Imbali Safari Lodge.  We we’re looking to maximize the number of game drives. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Somewhat overwhelmed with all the safari options out of Maputo; which safaris has everyone else chosen and how did you make your selection?

thanks,

Marc

Although quite a bit further in, check out Makweti safari lodge. It would be the equivalent of a Regent or Silverseas cruise on land.

7 hours ago, mrlevin said:

thanks,

Marc

We had a similar problem, but eventually chose Thanda Safari Lodge Overland (R1CL19) because it offers the possibility of a river trip to see hippos & crocodiles. (Seen crocodiles, but hippos in the wild would be something new) HTH.

• 3 weeks later...