Hotel in London ( Southhampton)

snorkle lover

A couple of thoughts....1) ask your travel agent to contact Regent about this....that's their job to help you....or 2) do a dummy booking with Regent online and choose a Concierge (or better) suite. Then you should get an idea of what hotel is being used. ( I do that all the time!)

10 minutes ago, jhenry1 said:

Look at your cruise website and at the top of the page under pre and post it will most likely have the hotel or hotels they are using in London..

Thank you, jhenry, I found it. Looks like it is Hotel Westbury Mayfair. It looks lovely although like anything it could always change.

I also looked at the Intercontinental and that also looks wonderful. Right now I would be happy with a Motel 6 since we haven't been anywhere in over a year.

We stayed at the Intercontinental Park Lane,  post cruise, several years ago. It was absolutely lovely. 
However, when we sailed from Southampton, pre cruise, we had a private car service take us directly to Southampton and spent several nights there, on our own. Took a taxi one afternoon and he showed us many sights outside the town. Very interesting area. The hotel we stayed in was very nice. Had dinner in a local pub. 
If you are interested, I will check the name of the hotel and pub. Let me know. 
sheila

13 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We stayed at the Intercontinental Park Lane,  post cruise, several years ago. It was absolutely lovely. 
However, when we sailed from Southampton, pre cruise, we had a private car service take us directly to Southampton and spent several nights there, on our own. Took a taxi one afternoon and he showed us many sights outside the town. Very interesting area. The hotel we stayed in was very nice. Had dinner in a local pub. 
If you are interested, I will check the name of the hotel and pub. Let me know. 
sheila

Hi Shelia,

Yes, would love the information on both the hotel and the pub. My daughter is married to a Brit although she lives in US now . We have been to England a few time and love the pubs there ( especially the fish and chips). I enjoy reading your posts on CC. We used to live in FL but relocated about 10 years to GA. I miss some things about FL.  but not the hurricanes. 

pat ( aka Snorkle lover).

Edited by snorkle lover
misspelling

The pub was ... Red Lion. Hotel was Grand Harbour Hotel.
I just checked. Still so many hotels there including a new 5 star... Southampton Harbor Hotel. And many other chain hotels available, as well. Check them out on one of the hotel booking sites. 
I just reviewed some of my photos. We took that afternoon day trip to Salisbury and it’s cathedral and passed Stonehenge plus other interesting sites. 
I will see if I can find the car service we used to get from Heathrow to Southampton. 
sheila 

• Like 1

We did an Explorer round trip London  (Southampton) last fall.  I hadn't been to London in many years and was very disappointed.  Too much traffic and people.  Would have much preferred Regent to put us up in Southampton.

Or in the New Forest, Hampshire, where there are a couple of lovely country hotels from where you could easily explore a charming and rather historic part of the country.    Just a thought... 😉

• Like 2

Another interesting option if based in Southampton (or anywhere in that area) for a day or two is to take the train to Portsmouth. There are about 25 trains a day and the trip takes 45-75 minutes. If you go by car it will be quicker. At Portsmouth is the Historic Naval Dockyard very near the train station.  There you can see a significant slice of British naval history including Lord Nelson's ship, Victory, and the Mary Rose which was Henry VIII's warship until it was sunk in 1545. It was found and raised in 1982, over 400 years later, and the display at the Dockyard is quite magnificent. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

At the conclusion of a 12 nite Baltic cruise (Stockholm to Southampton) we stayed in the Regent arranged Marriott Grosvenor House on Park Lane.  The hotel was grand in its stature and opulent in its decor.  But with the smaller room sizes in Europe and our Regent arranged rooms not being the Windsor Suites and all, we found the 2 nite stay less than the expected Wonderful Experience.   The room was more akin to a servants quarters than a hotel room.  No view, one small queen bed (for two) and barely enough room to turn around.  The bathroom, which appeared to added later was surprisingly good size.  So one person was predominantly in the room while the other stayed in the loo.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:48 AM, snorkle lover said:

We are booked for a cruise in September 2021 ( Splendor)  that starts in Southhampton. Does anybody know which hotel Regent usually uses for a one night pre stay prior to the cruise leaving? Just hoping in a year from now, cruises will be sailing.

Thank you

Snorkel lover

Thanks for this post. This will help us better plan our time in London. We are on the same cruise (hopefully)  and have started our excursion planning even though it’s a year out. Time flys and now we have something to look forward to. 

We are also booked on this same cruise in Sept 21. So hungry to travel again that I too am already in the planning stages for something a year away! Thanks for asking the questions.....

I have one more.... can’t seem to find the Roll Call for the Meet and Mingle. Am I too soon?

We are booked on this cruise, but have the luxury of driving from our home by car to Southampton. If your staying in the Southampton area, then I recommend Portsmouth, New Forest and a little Boat trip over the Solent to the Isle of Wight for something a little different.

14 hours ago, planada said:

We are also booked on this same cruise in Sept 21. So hungry to travel again that I too am already in the planning stages for something a year away! Thanks for asking the questions.....

I have one more.... can’t seem to find the Roll Call for the Meet and Mingle. Am I too soon?

You are not too early for the Roll Call. It has been started and there are a number of folks already talking. The Meet and Mingle probably won’t be posted until we get closer to sailing date.