What to do with purse at dinner?

thegoaliegirl

On 9/24/2020 at 11:29 PM, Cyn874 said:

I can't imagine carrying a purse around on the ship. The only thing I need is my sign and sail card, especially at dinner. When I'm on a cruise, I feel like the ship is my home. I don't wear my purse around my house.

I like having my phone to take photos. Nice to have tylenol (I get mild migraines), lip balm or lipstick.

I can't wear a lanyard due to neck injury; and so little of what I wear has pockets anymore!

Just ordered this super lightweight bag.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087CPPGSJ/ref=twister_B01F4S5XTU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the purse hook idea--just ordered one of those too!

On 9/24/2020 at 11:29 PM, Cyn874 said:

Just got the nylon purse & I do prefer the nylon--not worried if it gets wet.

It is heavier than I'd like as the 3 zippers are a bit heavy...but I cannot seem to find the super lightweight one I had that the zippers busted on...shoot.

Also didn't want to spend more than $25

Edited by KKB

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, thegoaliegirl said:

I carry a small crossbody purse around the ship with me. I never know what to do with it at dinner (or any other meal). I’ve tried hanging it from the chair but that never works, so I usually wear it. There has to be a better solution. (Leaving it behind in my stateroom isn’t an option). What do you do with your purse at dinner?

I think that the major benefit of a tiny, virtually weightless crossbody purse is that you don't have to put it down. I carry one that compliments my clothes and forget it is there until I need something in it. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, Janie1229 said:

I found the perfect solution to a purse at dinner, if I really want to carry a couple of items like phone, lipstick, sea pass: it's BAMBOO TRADING CO CLUB BAG. It's small, lightweight, comes in all kinds of colors and designs and very pretty and practical. I wear it crossbody and can shift it so it's not in my way while sitting or I can lay it next to my plate. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Trading-Company-separate-Turquoise/dp/B08NG4QW4K/ref=sr_1_29?dchild=1&keywords=bamboo+trading+company+club+bag&qid=1625855741&sr=8-29

Thanks for the link. I like these purses because, should I choose to set one on the table for a moment or for the entire meal, it serves a decorative function. In other words, it looks adorable! 

I carry a small shoulder bag and it’s usually on my lap in my chair or on the chair back facing away from an aisle. Lucky those of you that don’t need one ( hubby was tired of filling his pockets with my stuff ) NEVER do I put my bag on the floor EVER-bags just don’t belong on floors-dont get me started there.... lol

and always off the ground in a restroom, but that definitely is another topic......

• Like 1