What is your next cruise? A 3 part question. 🤔

John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Or try to figure doing things another way. My parents are still sheltering in place, .. till who knows when. She makes quilts and was dying to go look at material. I looked and shelves are almost bare of 100% cotton, so I bought online. Some colors dont match online sample, but she now has a lifetime of white black and tons of other colors. Covid could be around a while.

I changed and moved my b2b from feb 2021 to 2022, now I'm all squashed in. 

1. 4/25/21

2. I hope none cancelled

3. I dont know which I'll like better corner aft or my first hump, so cant say which I'd mind more getting cancelled. I did a lower aft on carnival triumph and it had a unpleasant constant shaking like was on its last leg. This was before it got stuck out at sea. I love aft view and am on deck 9, so probably will be my favorite. Usually all the furthest out humps are long gone when I book too. All my sailings seem wide open. Any cabin I want. Everyone says I'm crazy to book, maybe I am.

Corner afts are pretty cool. Humps really aren't that big a deal unless its on an Oasis ship.

In my opinion

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Corner afts are pretty cool. Humps really aren't that big a deal unless its on an Oasis ship.

In my opinion

Someone said there is a crew door next to the corner the cabin steward uses. I swear people pick out cabins like they are buying a house between all the pros and cons you hear. 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

When did you book the Allure? Prior to the upgrades being shelved? Shame you won't be able to enjoy the planned new features

We booked the Allure when our Adventure southern Caribbean cruise from New York was cancelled this year , so I was fully aware the upgrades would not be happening. I'm  actually kind of looking forward to seeing an original oasis class ship as we have been on Harmony and Symphony , but not Oasis (pre amp) and Allure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Someone said there is a crew door next to the corner the cabin steward uses. I swear people pick out cabins like they are buying a house between all the pros and cons you hear. 

It's also a fire escape. Nothing wrong with being informed. Lots of idiosyncrasies with cabins

Celebrity Apex Next November

Celebrity Apex Next November

I am planning on finally retiring in 2022.  I have my eye on a 111 day round the world cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.  If I do retire, and that cruise is an option, I would be a little down.  Then I suppose I will just book repositioning cruises. If those weren't sailing, I might have to buy a boat.

I know that technically isn't the answer to the 3rd question, but is what came to mind in the spirit of the question.

• Thanks 1

1) Allure, September 2021

2) Allure, September 2021

3) Allure, September 2021

This cruise started as an OBB on Brilliance in November 2020 in a corner aft JS. Brilliance changed to a full ship charter about three months after we booked. We switched to Harmony October 4 of this year when Brilliance was cancelled. Then, along came coronavirus. As our final payment approached, we saw the writing on the wall so Lifted & Shifted from Harmony October 2020 to Allure September 2021. I really hope the third time’s the charm!

Meanwhile, we have two land trips planned. One is in a few weeks, the other is in May 2021. Neither are big trips, but we’re still excited to get away. 🏖 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, perfect match said:

This cruise started as an OBB on Brilliance in November 2020 

Meanwhile, we have two land trips planned. One is in a few weeks, the other is in May 2021. Neither are big trips, but we’re still excited to get away. 🏖 

Nancy, I hope you enjoy your vacations. Forgive my ignorance, but what is an OBB?

1.  Celebrity Equinox - 4/23/2021:  not sure if this one will be a go for us, not because of any on-board regulations such as mask wearing or social distancing, but will not sail if we have to go only on ship's excursions.  We like to get off and walk around the ports or do private excursions.  Not likely to happen by April, 2021.

2.  Odyssey of the Seas - 1/23/22:  did a lift and shift from 1/23/21 due to being cancelled due to virus and ship building delays.  Hopefully, this will be ready to go as scheduled (now).  Ports not an issue; ship will be the destination.

3.  Norwegian Star - 5/3/2022:  Venice to Barcelona.  Our previous cruise on NCL (not our usual cruise line) was cancelled for April, 2020 - TA from Miami to Barcelona.  Used our FCC to book this one and really want to spend some time in Venice and Barcelona on both ends.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, John&LaLa said:

In my opinion

Curious why is a hump balcony on the Oasis so much better. Have 4 booked for next year. 

7 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Curious why is a hump balcony on the Oasis so much better. Have 4 booked for next year. 

They have a very deep balcony

This picture is showing suites (aft hump) but the forward hump is regular balconies

Enjoy

Screenshot_20201018-203627_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d46e262e60b7677b6ca9bdd1b11296b3.jpg

Here is the hump on a Freedom Class

No significant difference other than proximity to elevators

Screenshot_20201018-204019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2fab418c3c5da048873897f1ef0b8ff2.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa