Picture-A-Week 2020 - Week 38

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, September 14 and Sunday, September 20.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

This week, son Dan made an unplanned visit prompted by a last minute decision to accompany our grandson on his drive from Texas to start his stint as a student teacher. We had a very nice three days of good talks and lots of great food and drink. Since we have all been on diets for much of 2020, we pulled out the stops and ate real food. Sunday featured a family dinner with favorites like Kim’s macaroni & cheese(s) and the banana pudding “casserole” topped with shortbread cookies. Monday morning was biscuits and gravy and so on. Tuesday evening I killed two birds with one stone and we had gourmet hamburgers prepared on the flat top griddle since I needed a photo for the family cookbook’s cooking tech section. Two-fer! Three-fer since I used it here...

Meatopia, 2020

p3990145317-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 2

A very hot, but very lovely sunny day Saturday out at the newly re-opened wetlands - this my third weekend back, and the first one where it wasn't raining or cloudy all day:

Anhinga cruising at the surface:

original.jpg

The migrating birds are still passing through - a yellow-throated warbler standing up proud in the dark forest canopy:

original.jpg

A roseate spoonbill 'spooning' the waters for food, and giving me a backward glance:

original.jpg

The Golden Child.  A very young pig frog, glistening in gold colors - eventually he'll be more green as an adult:

original.jpg

Always a challenge to find a hummingbird in the wild - no feeders to draw them in.  This ruby-throated was in a dark forest covered area and I needed all of my 600mm lens on APS-C crop, plus ISO1600, to catch it:

original.jpg

Another flying beast - this time, a green darner dragonfly cruising by in a clear blue sky:

original.jpg

A raccoon with an expression of surprise at being discovered in the forest!  Actually, he was just chewing something and looking my way:

original.jpg

• Like 5