Cruise Critic Community
NIATPAC29

NO CRUISING FOR YOU

THIS IS TO TO THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE NO CRUISES BOOKED ----WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 REASONS FOR NOT DOING SO?  TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

25 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

THIS IS TO TO THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE NO CRUISES BOOKED ----WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 REASONS FOR NOT DOING SO?  TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

1) I am not interested in putting up money to reserve a cruise which is likely to be cancelled, leaving my deposit in limbo.

2) I am not interested in enclosing myself on a ship whose owners have not come up with credible plans to make the experience safe and enjoyable.

3) I am not interested in rushing to board a ship likely to be filled with a lot of “gotta cruise now” folk - who are unlikely to recognize the risks or to comply with requested precautions.

I'm just waiting for cruising to begin and giving it a couple months to settle into a consistent and proven plan. Hopefully that will be by next summer so I can book cruises for the fall.

59 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

1) I have no desire ever to board a ship wearing a mask unless it is for a Halloween cruise.

2) We are living in a pandemic and nobody who posts on CC has any idea of when it will end.

3) No need for me to add anything else.

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

1) I have no desire ever to board a ship wearing a mask unless it is for a Halloween cruise.

2) We are living in a pandemic and nobody who posts on CC has any idea of when it will end.

3) No need for me to add anything else.

SO,WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO EVER CRUISE AGAIN?

38 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

1) I am not interested in putting up money to reserve a cruise which is likely to be cancelled, leaving my deposit in limbo.

2) I am not interested in enclosing myself on a ship whose owners have not come up with credible plans to make the experience safe and enjoyable.

3) I am not interested in rushing to board a ship likely to be filled with a lot of “gotta cruise now” folk - who are unlikely to recognize the risks or to comply with requested precautions.

38 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO EVER CRUISE AGAIN?

2 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

So what will it take for you to ever cruise again ?

A proven vaccine and an assurance that there will not be another pandemic .

-not interested in booking or taking a cruise until a safe effective vaccine is available

-not interested in booking a cruise until we know what the on board environment will be.  Zero confidence that the cruise lines will place our health and well being ahead of their financial interest.

-not interested in giving the cruise lines a dime of our money until we are certain that the ship will leave. Not interested in FCC's, no interest in buying a pig in a poke.

17 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO EVER CRUISE AGAIN?

Easy -

1) the absence of COVID as a deal-breaker —- which is a virtual certainty either because of development of a widely applied, effective vaccine or the natural waning of COVID (as all comparable plagues always have) within a year or two; and -

2) the existence of attractive itineraries on desirable ships - a safe requirement, needing only a bit of research and willingness to pay for the level of quality desired.

1) Waiting for the pandemic to be managed

2) Waiting to see how things shake out with the cruise experience. 

3) Everything I didn't think of goes here.  

3 hours ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

I'm just waiting for cruising to begin and giving it a couple months to settle into a consistent and proven plan. Hopefully that will be by next summer so I can book cruises for the fall.

We have one to Galapagos for early next fall. We have little confidence that a satisfactorily tested vaccine will be ready by then. Oh, and I don't intend to be among the first to put it to the test of getting on a cruise ship/petri dish. Not even sure about flying.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is no guarantee there will not be another pandemic.   As far as a proven vaccine,  the odds of one working 100% for everyone and there is way to enforce everyone take one.  I totally understand where you are coming from though 

Had cruises booked but all cancelled...

1.  Do not know what changes to the product will happen

2.  Price increase

3. If Itineraries will be available

And  why would you give somebody your money... without a guarantee of getting what you payed for...

Finally.... it is not just up to the cruise line.... it is up to all the countries they what to stop at.

That's it  Don

46 minutes ago, nascarcruiser said:

There is no guarantee there will not be another pandemic.   As far as a proven vaccine,  the odds of one working 100% for everyone and there is way to enforce everyone take one.  I totally understand where you are coming from though 

Thank you

Hi

I could probably come up with more than 3 good reasons. My decision not to book are based solely on information available at this time, as opposed to what I would hope for.

1. To start, there really are no cruises. Last I've seen, there were only a handful, from European ports with significant restrictions. So, the thought was that I could possibly book something for next year or later. Then the thought came to me that there is no guarantee that any given cruise line will survive past next spring if things don't rebound. I would want to see a number of months where there were no cancellations to actually consider cruising as a "real" thing again.

2. At this time if I were to leave this country to go anywhere in the world, I would be required to do a 14 day quarantine. Even with new cases here rising, the numbers suggest that where I live is a "relatively" safe environment, compared to many other places in the world. A big negative would be that I would have to fly to get there. I am concerned about getting sick and don't see why I should put myself at any more risk than necessary. 

3. A big thing, is that as long as advisories are in place there is no insurance available for any Covid related disruptions, as well as medical treatment.

4. For a cruise leaving from the U.S., there are no other countries that are accepting cruise ships. 

5. Also, for me, really important is an understanding of what it is you are buying. Nobody at this time knows what the eventual cruise experience will be. I typically don't buy things sight unseen. I don't feel sorry for the "cruiselines". I don't feel the need to support a company just because I enjoyed their product in the past. I understand even if some of them go broke, they will restructure. Not necessarily the same companies, but there eventually will be a product that we will recognize as "cruising".  When situations change sufficiently that I feel good about travel, I would likely book a resort vacation before a cruise. 

7 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

I understand even if some of them go broke, they will restructure.

I just had thought. Some few years ago we had a GM car. It developed a transmission problem - like it went out on the freeway going 70 mph! GM had bankrupted and then restructured and didn't honor warranties that had been in place with the former company. I wonder if cruise lines could wipe out FCCs. ?

PS: We'd never buy another GM car for that reason. Not way happened but how they handled it.

Edited by clo

40 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

I could probably come up with more than 3 good reasons. My decision not to book are based solely on information available at this time, as opposed to what I would hope for.

1. To start, there really are no cruises. Last I've seen, there were only a handful, from European ports with significant restrictions. So, the thought was that I could possibly book something for next year or later. Then the thought came to me that there is no guarantee that any given cruise line will survive past next spring if things don't rebound. I would want to see a number of months where there were no cancellations to actually consider cruising as a "real" thing again.

2. At this time if I were to leave this country to go anywhere in the world, I would be required to do a 14 day quarantine. Even with new cases here rising, the numbers suggest that where I live is a "relatively" safe environment, compared to many other places in the world. A big negative would be that I would have to fly to get there. I am concerned about getting sick and don't see why I should put myself at any more risk than necessary. 

3. A big thing, is that as long as advisories are in place there is no insurance available for any Covid related disruptions, as well as medical treatment.

4. For a cruise leaving from the U.S., there are no other countries that are accepting cruise ships. 

5. Also, for me, really important is an understanding of what it is you are buying. Nobody at this time knows what the eventual cruise experience will be. I typically don't buy things sight unseen. I don't feel sorry for the "cruiselines". I don't feel the need to support a company just because I enjoyed their product in the past. I understand even if some of them go broke, they will restructure. Not necessarily the same companies, but there eventually will be a product that we will recognize as "cruising".  When situations change sufficiently that I feel good about travel, I would likely book a resort vacation before a cruise. 

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT # 4 ?

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The fear is

real

1) Don't care to dine alone.

2) Won't wear a mask.

3) Don't care to pay a lot more money for a greatly diminished experience.

11 hours ago, NIATPAC29 said:

Note to OP - read this from the posting guidelines -

"ALL CAPS
Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting."

I checked some of your other posts.  Way too many of them are in all caps.

DON

11 hours ago, NIATPAC29 said:

No cruise going where I want to go that kills it

No ability to fly to those place that kills it

Those two means I don't even need to look for the third, LOL

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Note to OP - read this from the posting guidelines -

"ALL CAPS
Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting."

I checked some of your other posts.  Way too many of them are in all caps.

DON

Thank you Don for pointing this out to the OP.  

Why do I not have a cruise booked?  I'm still waiting for a $17K + refund from Crystal for cancelling my cruise!  Why would I put money into another one?  Plus my travel insurance didn't cover crap, including canceled airline tickets.  I'm in a huge disbute debate between these companies with the support of my credit card company.  

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

I can give you 3 reasons why I DO have a deposit on a 2021 cruise. 😉

On 9/14/2020 at 3:23 PM, NIATPAC29 said:

1.  Because no cruise line will give me any assurance in writing that they WILL NOT lock everybody up in their cabins if there are cases of CV on-board

2.  Because the proposition of shelling out £1000s for a cruise that subsequently doesn't/can't call at any ports due to cases of CV on-board is for me a total waste of money

3a.  Because afaik no cruise line will reasonably compensate passengers for loss of service, ports missed, inconvenience, being quarantined as a result of there being cases of CV onboard.  They want passengers to shoulder all the risk whilst not having any liability themselves.  No good.  There needs to be a 2-way partnership in the cruising proposition.

3b.  I'm not interested in any vaccine.  If they mandate vaccines for getting on a ship then so long and thanks for all the fish. No way Jose.