Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
TomBeckCruise

What coffee is available with the signature beverage package

3 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

I don't see an explanation  on the HAL website. 

Anything from the coffee shop included?

It should be included. I’ve only had it once but certainly the specialty coffees in the MDR were included.  And, I did use it at the specialty coffee spot on the Prinsendam with no problem.

It basically covers any drink $11 or under (limit of 15 per day).  The one thing that has a requirement are water.  IIRC, you had to get a certain sized bottle to be included.

24 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

I don't see an explanation  on the HAL website. 

Anything from the coffee shop included?

I had the SBP last year on Eurodam.  It covered all specialty coffees that I ordered from the coffee bar in the Crows Nest, even when I added Baileys or Kahlua. 

Edited by Aquahound

All the specialty coffees were/are included, and, Jacqui, I think the waters, too.  Only if you bought water at the table in the lobby when leaving the ship for a port did you have to pay on your room keycard, as they did the charging with slips of paper, not a computer.  IIRC😄  

Of course, things change, and you never know what will happen next...

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

All the specialty coffees were/are included, and, Jacqui, I think the waters, too.  Only if you bought water at the table in the lobby when leaving the ship for a port did you have to pay on your room keycard, as they did the charging with slips of paper, not a computer.  IIRC😄  

Of course, things change, and you never know what will happen next...

Thanks Ann, you reminded me to tell the OP that there has to be a bar / restaurant where they have the means to register the SBP.  So, Ann is correct, when you are getting off the ship, that will be charged to your room as there is no means there.  Same thing at HMC and the same thing with the mini bar or in room service.

We just picked up a bottle of water the night before, stuck it in the mini bar and used that for days in port.  Worked well.

The Signature Beverage Package includes 15 ALCOHOLIC beverages per day and unlimited NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages.  All beverages at a menu price of $11 or less are included.  The only carve-out I am aware of is water which is limited to the 500ml sized bottles, regardless of price.  Any beverage priced over $11 is charged at full menu price plus gratuity. 

If you order a specialty coffee with a shot of alcohol in it then it counts toward your 15 limit, if you order just a specialty coffee w/o alcohol it does not count towards your limit.

Drinks on Half Moon Cay (HMC), as well as the in stateroom Mini-Bar items are excluded.  HAL sells a separate beverage package for HMC.

Gosh!! A limit of 15 DRINKS/DAY! I don't know what I wi;ll do for a drink after lunch! 😁

Edited by Tennessee Titan

4 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The Signature Beverage Package includes 15 ALCOHOLIC beverages per day and unlimited NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages.  All beverages at a menu price of $11 or less are included.  The only carve-out I am aware of is water which is limited to the 500ml sized bottles, regardless of price.  Any beverage priced over $11 is charged at full menu price plus gratuity. 

If you order a specialty coffee with a shot of alcohol in it then it counts toward your 15 limit, if you order just a specialty coffee w/o alcohol it does not count towards your limit.

Drinks on Half Moon Cay (HMC), as well as the in stateroom Mini-Bar items are excluded.  HAL sells a separate beverage package for HMC.

Spot on. I was getting ready to type this same thing. 

The HMC piece irks me a little though. Some other lines include their private islands in the package, so I think it’s chintzy that HAL doesn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Spot on. I was getting ready to type this same thing. 

The HMC piece irks me a little though. Some other lines include their private islands in the package, so I think it’s chintzy that HAL doesn’t. 

HAL and Carnival exclude the private islands from their beverage packages. NCL, Royal, Celebrity and Princess included it. Agree it’s chintzy and I think it’s a lack of willingness to pay to add the IT infrastructure to support it.