Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

7 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Where is Prinsendam at? Hint; those are locks on the far left

IJmuiden, The Netherlands -June 30 Th 2018: Prinsendam Of Holland America  Line Editorial Photo - Image of marine, vessel: 120448031

A better look at the lock system of this smallish port city, the gateway to a much more famous city once those locks are passed, a city where I was born and raised 😉 

1063-6eaadeb8587.jpg

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Where is Veendam at? and No, she's not turning into a submarine 😉  Clue: this is a Voyage of the Vikings port and it's not always accessible due to what you are seeing in the pic and/or other weather related conditions. Yet another clue because it's Sunday and I feel generous; this country's national parks are bigger than most countries, and the area where this pic was taken has its own time zone and has a breed of dog named after it ....................want any more?   

Red Bay, Labrador Veendam 

Labrador💕.   Corner Brook, Newfoundland? 

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Where is Veendam at? and No, she's not turning into a submarine 😉  Clue: this is a Voyage of the Vikings port and it's not always accessible due to what you are seeing in the pic and/or other weather related conditions. Yet another clue because it's Sunday and I feel generous; this country's national parks are bigger than most countries, and the area where this pic was taken has its own time zone and has a breed of dog named after it ....................want any more?   

Red Bay, Labrador Veendam 

Red Bay!  Were you out on that island off the shore?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Where is the Zuiderdam?

740845030_Zuiderdam1.thumb.jpg.5e68e3f8172c8a0b6fce9263e5bbbb92.jpg

Djupivogur, Iceland.  I have pretty much the same picture.  Editing to say that I went back and saw that this one was already guessed...oops!

Edited by cruzingnut
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzingnut said:

Red Bay!  Were you out on that island off the shore?

Winner! Red Bay, Labrador it is and No, I did not take that awesome pic. Red Bay, unfortunately, was one of the ports, we were unable to get into due to weather on Maasdam's Voyage of the Vikings back in 2012 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Winner! Red Bay, Labrador it is and No, I did not take that awesome pic. Red Bay, unfortunately, was one of the ports, we were unable to get into due to weather on Maasdam's Voyage of the Vikings back in 2012 

And in '18.  We've been there twice; once by car (all the way from Chicago) and the other time on the VOV in 2014 on the Veendam.  Here's my picture from Saddle Island.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 8.53.35 PM.png

• Like 2