Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

I think it's important to have a thread where we can exchange our thoughts on this pandemic, and lament about missing all those wonderful cruises we had booked. Sometimes we just need to check in with each other to say we're OK. Sometimes we need to rant in a friendly and supportive environment. There will be different points of view at times but we usually manage to keep it friendly. Remember, emojis can help indicate the tone of your post. Sometimes what you write is not what other people read so make your meaning clear.

Here's a summary of the stats from today:

The Melbourne stats are starting to look promising, with the fortnightly rolling average getting closer to the 50 mark. Restrictions are easing in regional Victoria.

NSW had seven cases, two linked to known cases and one unknown. There is concern about the drop in the numbers of tests being done. Is this a bad sign, or is it that people aren't getting any symptoms?

Queensland had one case, a returned traveller, so no new community transmission. 

Everywhere else has zero cases.

SA has opened it's border to people from the ACT but not NSW. People are only allowed to fly into SA.

I'm looking forward to seeing even more improvements in another month.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

Those are good numbers. We had over 300 new cases over the weekend in BC. Lynn and I are staying safe but really not that restricted. Lynn is on vacation time, I'm working. The Air quality is pretty bad right now, it seems like the entire west coast of the US is on fire and the smoke is blowing up here. We have had a couple of wildfires on the Island but I think we have them sorted.

I left work early today, the smoke was really getting to me

Looked at the calendar  less than a month for our 13 night B2B cruise   ..... should have been excited

But now a bit flat...... yes the Covid-19   is ticking away.... today another outbreak in Age Care yet again....

What is it with them....  Feel so sorry for anybody with family in age care..........

I think the big thing is everything is in limbo and has been since March.... this would have to the be now the longest time one has not gone away anywhere.... for years and years......

A new game is now going out for a walk and looking for people no wearing a mask... the other day $1600 in fines... gezz i wouldn't mind that money going for a walk......

New thing have started is a splurge dinner every week or so....... since food is becoming more important., as not going out...... except to get fish and chips now once a week........

That is enough...... ummmm steak for dinner tonight with chips, salad, shiraz....

But one is hanging to get out of the melbourne.......... Cheers Don

• Like 1

Mic will be happy, ACT'ers can now travel to South Australia, but NSW people cannot.   So to avoid Vic, which is off limits, ACT'ers should  drive via Broken Hill and Cockburn into S.A.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Mic will be happy, ACT'ers can now travel to South Australia, but NSW people cannot.   So to avoid Vic, which is off limits, ACT'ers should  drive via Broken Hill and Cockburn into S.A.

They aren't allowed to drive through NSW to get to SA. They can only fly there direct from Canberra.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They aren't allowed to drive through NSW to get to SA. They can only fly there direct from Canberra.

But ACT people can drive around NSW, so why can't they drive to the NSW/SA border at Cockburn? 

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But ACT people can drive around NSW, so why can't they drive to the NSW/SA border at Cockburn? 

SA won't let them in if they have driven through NSW, they are only allowed to fly into SA.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-16/canberra-south-australia-travel-bubble-explainer/12666682

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Not much open at the moment.

Les at 8.30 tonight on channel 9 there is an Australian crime story that may be of interest to you.

Not about cruising.

Edited by Bowm54

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Today we should have been doing our packing for the Sapphire Princess Round Australia cruise, which would have been departing on Friday. 😪

That would have been a great cruise around Australia.  Such a lovely time of year for cruising. Can understand your disappointment.  Hope you can go another year. 

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That would have been a great cruise around Australia.  Such a lovely time of year for cruising. Can understand your disappointment.  Hope you can go another year. 

The real disapppointment was because it was such a good fare and had two more days than the usual itinerary, including a stop at Kangaroo Island. We have booked it for March 2022 but as a Plan B to another cruise. It was considerably dearer. If we don't do it March 2022 we'll try for later that year. 

Well we're setting records here in BC 165 new cases today. Thankfully only 1 case on Vancouver Island, there are definitely advantages to living on an island. We haven't stopped the ferries or airplanes 😉. I wonder if we could close our border with Alberta 🤔, probably not. After all we were doing pretty well until "Those people" came in😈.

I'm not sure what response is coming but I have to think Dr. Henry is getting close to tightening things up.

One interesting thing over the last couple of weeks has been the appearance of ice cream vans. 

A couple around our area. You can even request they add areas on their fb pages.

interesting to hear Green Sleeves echoing around. Although I was a little disconcerted this morning to hear Jingles Bells. 

37 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

One interesting thing over the last couple of weeks has been the appearance of ice cream vans. 

A couple around our area. You can even request they add areas on their fb pages.

interesting to hear Green Sleeves echoing around. Although I was a little disconcerted this morning to hear Jingles Bells. 

They've been around for months where we are. Nice to hear them.

9 hours ago, Docker123 said:

A nice morale booster from the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Choir.

Absolute Melbourne song.

Enjoyed the beautiful music but it made me feel sad for not only Melbourne but the rest of Aust.  Does anyone know if the lyrics are available?  We have attended Pub Choirs where everyone learns their part of a song, which comes together beautifully at the end.  No more participants packed in to a venue!   I recently heard my daughter singing a part in front of her computer, so Pub Choir must be continuing on line.  Music is food for the soul and I miss it.