The Fjords Cruise July 2021 - Need help

schattenfell71

Hello from Germany,

in these hard times we all need something to look for.

My 50th birthday will be in June 2021 and we did a QM2 cruise last year for the 50th birthday of my wife. So I guess now it will be my time.

I want to celebrate with my family on the Fjords Cruise (M122) from Hamburg to Hamburg from July 15th until July 22th 2021.

We had a inside stateroom last time but at this cruise we want to test a sheltered balcony cabin.

I have some questions (again):

1. We will travel with 4 persons. 3 adults and one "child" 16 years old. I need 2 cabins. What is the best way to book them. When booking online with the smart price I can not choose the cabin number(s) but I want to have the two cabins each to another. Booking the premium price would be an extra cost of 1.600 Euros !

2. The outside cabins would be 900 Euros cheaper. Is it really worth to book two sheltered balcony cabins? We were nearly all the time at deck at our last cruise. It is true that an inside cabins needs some daylight. It was ok but this time we would have some daylight inside the cabin.

3. Any other tipps for booking two cabins with 4 persons?

Thanks again for all of your help and sorry for my horrible English.

As always....stay safe!

Thorsten

I don't know about the intricacies of booking your particular requirements, but a decent travel agent would. I should book through one.

For the fjords, I would think a balcony is worth it. It is so nice to be able to go out and survey the view when you are not yet dressed or changing for dinner or whatever.

Next year's cruises seem to be heavily booked with people who've transferred from this year. Don't know what your chances are of getting two adjacent cabins.

Good luck.

Guessing a "Smart" price is similar in Germany as "Early Saver" is in the UK and I am afraid it doesnt matter whether you book direct or with any TA it would be the same that you would not be able to choose your staterooms that is one of the reasons why the price is lower. The only way you would be able to choose staterooms and have them close together is paying the higher price.

Thanks for your help.

I do not concern that Cunard will choose the dinning times for us when booking the "Early Saver" price. Beside this I am afraid that our two cabins will be too far away from each other.

Here is my plan for the moment due to your answers:

I will book a sheltered balcony cabins ( Midship #5119) and an Atrium cabin (Midship #5117). They lie opposite from each other and the inside cabin has some kind of window and light. My kids could come to your cabin when they want to stay on a balcony.

This option would safe us nearly 1.000 Euros against the option of booking two sheltered balcon cabins with the Premium price option.

What do you think?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

What do you think?

Sounds good!

Even though a balcony is certainly not a must as there are many open deck areas, it will just be nice to have one. With your solution it might also become a natural meeting point eg for breakfast.

As the proximity of the two cabins is most important for you, this is a clever solution for bringing down the premium price.

• Like 1

I seem to recall from a post you did last year that we were on a segment of your cruise (Hamburg to Southampton in late June). We had a sheltered balcony on that cruise and loved it the send off from Hamburg was brilliant.

We did the Fjords in 2018 on Queen Victoria and think a balcony is a must. I think you’ve made a good cabin choice.

We are on a Baltic cruise next June that stops at Hamburg and I can’t wait to see the City again.

Finally I think you are too polite apologising for your standard of English. It is far better than my German.