NCL Plans to Sail in November

Falckon

@Falckon sorry that you are about to find out you can't post positive news here. I am with you, can't wait to see the ships sailing from the USA. 
I cannot wait to see ships leave from the US either but unfortunately it ain't happening for some time.
Realistic is realistic, and every month there is a report that all these lines plan to "resume sailing" in, pick any month. In my opinion they should have been sailing already and we should have been on Oasis the first week of Sept.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Here is an article from Marketwatch.com

Its about Carnival but near the bottom is a paragraph about optimistic talks with the CDC.

I am as skeptical as anyone else about cruises restarting anytime soon but I still wanted to share.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/carnivals-stock-takes-a-dive-after-plans-for-stock-offering-increased-ship-disposals-2020-09-15?mod=mw_quote_news

Edited by Barcode78
Edited to make link clickable.

from the article:

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) “No Sail” order, which remains in effect through October 31, expires.

I thought the no sail order expires on September 30 which is the date on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html

Do order get extended?

the cruise lines only voluntary canceled cruises in October 2020

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

from the article:

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) “No Sail” order, which remains in effect through October 31, expires.

I thought the no sail order expires on September 30 which is the date on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html

Do order get extended?

the cruise lines only voluntary canceled cruises in October 2020

You're right. There's been no change to the CDC No Sail Order. What would you expect from a writer who thinks that the fact that NCL is selling November cruises is new or newsworthy. He must have been pulling a Rip Van Winkle and just awakened.

• Like 4

I spent some quality time on the phone this evening with my pvp and she said that she was involved in a meeting Tuesday morning that sounded like the lines were definitely trying to get the cruises back by November.  I was trying to get all my credits sorted out from both of my cancelled British Isles cruises so when I say I was on the phone along time - I really was.  Of course I am hopeful since I have a cruise booked for November 29th - so I quess I am like so many others - ready to get back to sailing 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mumofsons said:

I spent some quality time on the phone this evening with my pvp and she said that she was involved in a meeting Tuesday morning that sounded like the lines were definitely trying to get the cruises back by November.  I was trying to get all my credits sorted out from both of my cancelled British Isles cruises so when I say I was on the phone along time - I really was.  Of course I am hopeful since I have a cruise booked for November 29th - so I quess I am like so many others - ready to get back to sailing 🙂

By PvP I assume you mean PCC (personal cruise consultant vs Player vs Player) :) 

Did she reveal any details regarding the discussion to get cruising going in November?  

I have a Western Caribbean scheduled to depart January 31st on the Breakaway and if cruises start in November that makes January sailings more confident in terms of fleet redeployments.

I snagged a Spa Balcony with all 5 offers for $2300 bucks and will be disappointed if it doesn't sail :)

However if it doesn't sail I will just try again.

image.png.c0cf4f3d9b3d25f9561bbc4fdc90752d.png

image.png.278f852535995136b62df2f5f6efb6f0.png

To be honest, I thought that was what they were called. I usually cruise CCL and usually book everything myself so don't have anyone I always call, and maybe that is where I am getting it from.  With all the cancellations for our British Isles cruise - and not getting refunded very quickly I decided I better get someone consistant. We were talking about how lots of people were ready to start cruising again and she just started talking about her morning meeting.  I don't think she really gave me any company secrets - just that they were really trying to get things up and running in November. Good luck for your cruise! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us 🙂

6 hours ago, Barcode78 said:

By PvP I assume you mean PCC

6 hours ago, mumofsons said:

I usually cruise CCL

Yup, I believe Carnival calls them PVP's - Personal Vacation Planners.

NCL does call them PCC - Personal Cruise Consultant.

I'm not sure what Royal calls them..

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

Very interesting.  The ONLY ship that could cruise out of LA in November would The Jewel.  Talking with some of Her staff over the weekend, DO NOT have return to work instructions and do not expect to have until sometime late November or early December for a January return.

34 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Very interesting.  The ONLY ship that could cruise out of LA in November would The Jewel.  Talking with some of Her staff over the weekend, DO NOT have return to work instructions and do not expect to have until sometime late November or early December for a January return.

The earliest Jewel cruise being sold by NCL is in February. It's been that way for some time.

Just because the Jewel is currently anchored not far from LA doesn't mean it's the only NCL ship that could start cruising from there in November.

November, December and January Mexican Riviera cruises from LA are being sold for the Bliss. Again no recent changes there AFAIK. The ship is currently anchored off the coast of Sweden, but it could easily come back to LA by November if cruises were to actually restart.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:15 PM, oteixeira said:

@Falckon sorry that you are about to find out you can't post positive news here. I am with you, can't wait to see the ships sailing from the USA. 

You  are very correct but this was not positive news its was pure speculation from the travel press

19 hours ago, Barcode78 said:

By PvP I assume you mean PCC (personal cruise consultant vs Player vs Player) 🙂

Did she reveal any details regarding the discussion to get cruising going in November?  

I have a Western Caribbean scheduled to depart January 31st on the Breakaway and if cruises start in November that makes January sailings more confident in terms of fleet redeployments.

I snagged a Spa Balcony with all 5 offers for $2300 bucks and will be disappointed if it doesn't sail 🙂

Great deal but you have not really snagged anything as these are the current prices and are good but plenty of inventory. I hope that they are sailing again by then but  that cruise for a B9 cabin tonight on the UK website converting at $1.30 =£  equates to $2,189 and there are deals on other websites. It is rather good value but I can not risk another deposit stuck with NCL. Hope you sail and if these prices hold may be thee to and get away from UK winter if Quarantine subsides!! (BTW that is to  be your next door neighbour :))

Edited by bmwman

1 hour ago, bmwman said:

Great deal but you have not really snagged anything as these are the current prices and are good but plenty of inventory. I hope that they are sailing again by then but  that cruise for a B9 cabin tonight on the UK website converting at $1.30 =£  equates to $2,189 and there are deals on other websites. It is rather good value but I can not risk another deposit stuck with NCL. Hope you sail and if these prices hold may be thee to and get away from UK winter if Quarantine subsides!! (BTW that is to  be your next door neighbour :))

Its actually $1438 more dollars to book the same cabin as of today.

Below is a screen shot of a mock booking.

I hope we both are cruising safely soon but I won't hold my breath.

Screenshot_20200916-203553_Chrome.jpg

Carnival cancelled until March 2021.

Carnival Cruise Line has cancelled further trips and will sell two of its ships as it continues to navigate the travel slowdown brought on by the global coronavirus pandemic.

The company has pulled the plug on four voyages, including one from Brisbane, due to depart in 2021, USA Today reported.

The cancellations impact the Carnival Magic from Miami until March 13, 2021; the Carnival Paradise from Tampa until March 19; the Carnival Valor from New Orleans until April 29 and the Carnival Spirit from Brisbane.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:26 AM, Barcode78 said:

By PvP I assume you mean PCC (personal cruise consultant vs Player vs Player) :) 

I snagged a Spa Balcony with all 5 offers for $2300 bucks and will be disappointed if it doesn't sail :)

I have this cruise booked for earlier in January 2021. I knew when I booked it that it might not happen but I really needed something to look forward to. I'm really hoping it happens though! Actually, my January 2020 cruise was supposed to sail out of NOLA but the entire cruise was cancelled in spring 2019. Starting to wonder if I am NOLA cursed. But the one I ended up going on our of San Juan was pretty awesome!