Anybody on Cloud March 19/21 Ushuaia-Cape Town?

northsouthgal

We were bumped from the Wind to the Cloud for our journey to the Falklands, S. Georgia ending in Cape Town.  The fact that they changed our ship & dates has given me some hope that this trip might actually happen!  We would like to do a safari extension but I am hesitant to book incase everything is cancelled.  The lodge we are hoping to go to, feels South Africa will soon open their borders to international travelers.  What do you think, wait?  Haven’t booked return flight yet because we are so uncertain!  

I live in South Africa and can tell you that yesterday President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the opening of our borders to International travellers from 1 October. The details have still to be announced, but maybe things will become a little clearer for you in the coming weeks.

Following on from my post yesterday, whilst borders are opening up for flights, the Minister has just announced that ports remained closed for leisure purposes, i.e. cruise ships.  So, unless things change, it looks like the Cloud will not be able dock in South Africa.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

That is what I was afraid of!  I guess I will continue to sit on the fence.  I have discovered it is a lot easier to book than cancel, so will bide my time.  Since SA has opened up, the prices have risen at the hotel/lodge we were interested in.  Hopefully, it will all settle down.  Thanks for responding-hope to be in South Africa in April/21.